I am looking for a solution would like to be able to do odb overlayer without software

BheBonden

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
hi I am looking for a solution would like to be able to do odb overlayer without skle use any software or download data but direkite via a dascame the data I need are brake, accelerator, turn signals, speed,

find there a camara who can it
and or second best a camara that stores all data on a memory card and so that by can find the collect data seen by a steering case or insurance case

so you avoid having to be accused of cheating with data etc.

tinger solution must be a camara and an ODB adapter / dongle
but especially I hope that there is a camara that can do it all with a purchase directly from the manufacturer and with cable directly in the camara so it gets power and data from the odb connector

Velkommen til forummet BheBonden.

The thing about the OBD and all the info that can be pulled from that is that the cars seem to speak different languages, so there are no one standard.
The first ones to do that on the OBD port was the Korean Lukas, and often you would just see a few of the options in the video, but in theory they should have blinkers - brake use - steering use and i think they also had gear # and RPM.
But most times you would just see a few of them.
I have argued for this as i think it is cool too, but i think for it to ever work good there should be some setup routine where the camera could learn the language / accent of the OBD port.
So something like press brake pedal now,,,, and then you do that a few times until the camera figured out that this signal must be the brake signal, and then so forth with blinkers ASO.
But no cameras do that today so at best like Lukas you will see partial support, and even then the Lukas cameras are hard to recommend based on their image quality.

Most times you will just see cameras powered by the OBD port, maybe with the option to do parking guard too that way, but these cameras are still few and far in between.

This camera seem to support the Russians car as all the things are there at the bottom of the video.

I think Lukas used to have a compatibility chart somewhere on their page, no need to ask them the company are pretty unresponsive, another reason to not recommend the brand.

I dont think anyone here in Denmark will accuse you of meddling with the dashcam data, and i also doubt a judge for instance will take the un-calibrated dashcam GPS for what it is, but your speed can be accurate figured out by the video itself, but distance between 2 things in the video and the time it take to cover that distance.
And as you know it is extremely rare any traffic dispute here in Denmark go to court, just submit your footage to your insurance and let them take the fight, it is also what you pay them for.

#1 thing is to record what you do with your car ( no matter the gear you are in ) indicator use you can most often hear on the microphone, and just about any dashcam will do that 100 % day or night.
If you drive as you should, then what ever happen on or off camera can not be your fault.

Back