I dont see a fuse in the power plug, is it in the camera?

Bill Will

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot locate the fuse for this camera, I think it may have blown. I cannot find it, where is it?

most of the time it's in the 12v cigar plug. sometimes you can simply unscrew the tip that plugs into the lighter socket, and sometimes you have to unscrew or unsnap the adapter housing.

some companies are so cheap they don't put a fuse in the adapter - they rely on the vehicle's fuse. all to save a penny or two.

i say this because some cameras may have come with a different adapter, so construction may be different.

most of the time it's in the 12v cigar plug. sometimes you can simply unscrew the tip that plugs into the lighter socket, and sometimes you have to unscrew or unsnap the adapter housing.

some companies are so cheap they don't put a fuse in the adapter - they rely on the vehicle's fuse. all to save a penny or two.

i say this because some cameras may have come with a different adapter, so construction may be different.

...and some companies just use an eighth-watt resistor, cheaper than a fuse, but at least they put it in there. Can be hard to identify sometimes, just give any suspicious looking components the old 'sniff' test. Now as for what smoked the fuse/resistor in the first place...
Some fuses just give it up due to metal fatigue. The element in the fuse flexes slightly every time it is turned on or off. The resistors don't usually have this problem.

Back