I Might Be The 1St To Catch This With Dash Cam

Daywalker

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW-1CH
This is my third compilation of recording idiots doing their thing. While out filming during my travels I'm pretty sure I managed to catch something with a dash cam no one else ever has. Enjoy.

What happened?

I think he spotted Optimus Prime... last scenes in the video around the 7min 30 mark.

was that all? you mean I wasted 8 mins 26 seconds of my life??
It's possible there was something better, but truthfully (no offense to Daywalker), I actually nodded off for a few minutes and woke up to see 6 shiny exhaust pipes. One of the dangers of surfing/youtubing when sitting in a recliner, I guess...

yeah good editing I gotta give him that

To be fair, there were a couple of interesting clips in the video. Was certainly an improvement over some of the garbage that some 'seasoned members' submit (and even get liked for)

To be fair, there were a couple of interesting clips in the video. Was certainly an improvement over some of the garbage that some 'seasoned members' submit (and even get liked for)

I think I'd rather see 10 short clips of actual events rather than a long drawn out compilation where you don't even know what is meant to be the issue, for me the only long compilations that are worth sitting through are the ones that are time lapsed

I gave up after about 45 seconds, after the 3rd or 4th slowmo replay of the same event. The post seemed to be too cryptic and aimed at just getting views.

KuoH

was that all? you mean I wasted 8 mins 26 seconds of my life??

I feel that way about a lot of the lame traffic infraction, gotcha' and "worse drivers of" videos we see posted here on DCT. I rarely watch them and try to avoid the usual click bait tricks we see used in the titles.

Most of this mundane stuff can be witnessed in person all too often while just out on the road on any given day. Once in awhile there is something extraordinary and worth the time to view but more often I regret getting sucked into wasting my time. Then again, it seems quite a few members here just love this stuff.

I gave up after about 45 seconds, after the 3rd or 4th slowmo replay of the same event. The post seemed to be too cryptic and aimed at just getting views.KuoH
Think I lasted about that long; realized real quick it was noting special and way to long. "CLICK! it's GONE!

we need to guess?
What happened?
It's possible there was something better, but truthfully (no offense to Daywalker), I actually nodded off for a few minutes and woke up to see 6 shiny exhaust pipes. One of the dangers of surfing/youtubing when sitting in a recliner, I guess...
Yes, that was Optimus Prime. I've yet to see or am aware of any other dash cam videos that have captured Optimus Prime cruising though traffic.
What editing software are you using?
Pinnacle Studio 17 Plus.

I had no idea that posting dash cam videos of inept drivers to a site dedicated to dash cams in a section specifically for videos would have upset anyone. For those that took the time to watch and complement what they seen, thank you. For the rest, looking though the video section of a site called "Dash Cam Talk" maybe you should expect to have your time wasted.

Yes, that was Optimus Prime. I've yet to see or am aware of any other dash cam videos that have captured Optimus Prime cruising though traffic.
Pinnacle Studio 17 Plus.

I had no idea that posting dash cam videos of inept drivers to a site dedicated to dash cams in a section specifically for videos would have upset anyone. For those that took the time to watch and complement what they seen, thank you. For the rest, looking though the video section of a site called "Dash Cam Talk" maybe you should expect to have your time wasted.

I can't imagine how long it took to edit all of that in P17... Especially if it crashes as much on your system as it does on mine. From a technical standpoint, bravo. I would not have had the patience to have it that polished.

I can't imagine how long it took to edit all of that in P17... Especially if it crashes as much on your system as it does on mine. From a technical standpoint, bravo. I would not have had the patience to have it that polished.
Some things I work on it crashes non-stop, other things it's problem free. What are you using now?

I'm up to their latest version (18, I think). I'm a slow learner... or just eternally optimistic that they get their act together. Each successive build seems to improve a bit, but it still crashes more than any other program I use.

Honestly, I really don't do much editing anymore. I burned out on it. I just don't seem to have the patience to chase a clip that never seems to stay where I put it, or audio that won't sync up. Now, my videos are raw exports from Registrator Viewer. The 'editing' doesn't get any more complex than exporting between A and B. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, I'll join two exported fragments together with Avidemux, or speed it up with RV.

Honestly, if anything he was rude in posting such a random non-descript message for the video. If you look around, you will see that most other members will either post a short snippet of the entire video or describe what the main event is and at what point in the video it can be located. Otherwise, they will say something like this is just a random collection of good / bad driving or scenery for your entertainment. Members will then either choose to view it or not based on the description. Posting in the manner he did would be considered click baiting. This was no different than someone posting a long video of random incidents that irked them and saying this has some of the coolest things you will ever see, without any explanation of what it was. Nobody said it was a bad video, it just didn't get to the point or provide enough information for the viewers to skip to the relevant subject. Obviously you can both choose to continue posting videos in this manner if you like, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of postive responses in that case.

KuoH

However, the last thing I expected in this forum was to see what appears to be several well established members treating a relatively new member in such a foul way.

New members like myself look up to the more established members here for guidance, hoping to learn what proper behavior should be, in a very public forum.

Back