I really need some help in deciding on the right cameras.

Dashmellow just curious what do u do for a living, you know almost anything in detail. Are you a teacher or a scientist. You are a clever person.

Well thanks, but just about everybody knows about Android and iOS. :)

I'm in real estate, and I'm running for President of the United States. ;)

Well thanks, but just about everybody knows about Android and iOS. :)

I'm in real estate, and I'm running for President of the United States. ;)

Android, not everybody, LOL! I went to the link Harsh gave me and the prices of those phones floored me! Over $700.00 for a phone, wow!

I expect they are high because they are in Sprint, I'll check it out later when I have more time.

President, I told you I would vote for you, considering the competition, LOL. Trump wouldn't be my favorite overall, but he very well may be the man to straighten out the mess Ob has put the country in!

I'll be back later, taking my son to lunch. Getting his latest doctors report.

@Lola, after thinking about this a bit there is no reason you need to go out and buy an expensive smartphone or sign up for cell service you don't want or need. All you really need to do is buy a cheap generic Android tablet computer on eBay or from a Chinese online vendor. This would provide you with a simple way to program your Mobius and you would end up with a fully functional WiFi enabled small tablet computer as part of the bargain. It won't have a hi-rez screen like an iPad or Samsung but it should do the job.

There are dozens and dozens of these things on the market and this is but one example:

andriodtablet.jpg

Teclast P80H 8GB MT8163 Quad Core 1.3GHz 8 Inch Android 5.1 Tablet
CPU MT8163 Quad Core 1.3GHz
GPU Mali T720
System Android 5.1
RAM 1 GB
Capacity 8 GB
Screen 8 Inch IPS Capacitive 5-point Multi-touch Screen
Resolution 1280x 800

Extend Card Support TF card
Camera Front Camera:0.3 MP; Rear Camera: 2.0 MP

WIFI Support
Bluetooth BT 4.0
Gravity
Sensor Support
GPS Support
OTG Support
HDMI Support

Microphone Built in
Speaker Built in
I/O Port 1 x Micro2.0 Port
1 x 3.5mm Earphone Port
1 x TF Card
1 x HDMI Port
Battery 3400mAh
Weight 331.5g
Size 210mm x121mm x 9.9mm

Package
Included
1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Charger
1 x Adapter (the adapter depend on the country of the buyer.)

@Lola, after thinking about this a bit there is no reason you need to go out and buy an expensive smartphone or sign up for cell service you don't want or need. All you really need to do is buy a cheap generic Android tablet computer on eBay or from a Chinese online vendor. This would provide you with a simple way to program your Mobius and you would end up with a fully functional WiFi enabled small tablet computer as part of the bargain. It won't have a hi-rez screen like an iPad or Samsung but it should do the job.

There are dozens and dozens of these things on the market and this is but one example:

View attachment 25388

GPU Mali T720
System Android 5.1
RAM 1 GB
Capacity 8 GB
Resolution 1280x 800

WIFI Support
Bluetooth BT 4.0
Gravity
Sensor Support
GPS Support
OTG Support
HDMI Support

Microphone Built in
Speaker Built in
1 x 3.5mm Earphone Port
1 x TF Card
1 x HDMI Port
Battery 3400mAh
Weight 331.5g

Package
Included
1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Charger
Like I said Mr President "Clever Guy"

View attachment 25388

GPU Mali T720
System Android 5.1
RAM 1 GB
Capacity 8 GB
Resolution 1280x 800

WIFI Support
Bluetooth BT 4.0
Gravity
Sensor Support
GPS Support
OTG Support
HDMI Support

Microphone Built in
Speaker Built in
1 x 3.5mm Earphone Port
1 x TF Card
1 x HDMI Port
Battery 3400mAh
Weight 331.5g

Package
Included
1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Charger

Hey Dashmello you're really a nice person. I will look into them and the one in your link. I wonder if they will work with all the Apps? A lot of it has to do with what software they are running to download the apps. I have been looking at them since I got home from lunch and the latest software is something called "Marshmellow" (doubt it's someone in your family, LOL) , at lunch the first thing he said to me was his phone was dead!

It turns out that on Aug 16 (Tue) he received a text that said the phone bill was late (for July), so he called me. I sent them another check Aug 17 (Wed), they cut his phone off this morning (Thur). This was for July that they hadn't received the check because I hadn't received a bill so I sent them a check anyway with the only address I could find in the documentation that comes with the bills, service dept I think. However I guess they "service dept" didn't think it important and didn't forward it to the correct address. When I sent them the new check on Aug 17 with a letter explaining the whole thing, but ether they didn't get the check yet, or don't give a damn.
Several time they hae tried to get me to open a new account (2 year contract) but I refused (contract is $59.00 a month) this might be their way of thinking to get me into a new contract! Wrong thinking.

So that's where things are now, I hate to kill the contract with them (It's everything unlimited)! I still have to get my son a new phone, but if Sprint says I broke the contract, I will be going elsewhere. I believe their format is MDPA or something like that and it's a PITA, because you can't find good phones easy with Sprint. So it's catch22 so to speak, If they have really canceled him, he won't need their format with new phone. If they haven't cancelled him, I'll have to get him a new phone in their user format. Simple, right!

I'm going to look at the phones in your link, later.

I

you can actually get something pretty reasonable for that sort of price these days

I really love my iPad mini but for that price I might consider buying an Android tablet to keep in my truck. After all, I have three Mobi mounted in there and the app isn't available for iOS.

I really love my iPad mini but for that price I might consider buying an Android tablet to keep in my truck. After all, I have three Mobi mounted in there and the app isn't available for iOS.

yeah I always have a 7" tablet in the car, a cheap Lenovo one which actually works really well

You're quite right. I saw earlier today that there are tons of nice looking cheap ones on Amazon, so buying one "fulfilled" by them would make for a safe place to buy one if concerned about how well it might function. They had one with nice specs for about 50 bucks!
Thanks to Jokkin & Dashmellow. I'll start checking them out in earnest, tomorrow on Amazon (tablets) and cell phones. If I find that I have to purchase a cell phone I will probably be signing up for "Prime" sooner then I thought.
Those tablets, I noticed that their Operating System is Android, is it sensitive to the different OS versions like lollipop, Marshmallow, etc,?

I think the app works with all the recent versions of Android so shouldn't be an issue with anything available in the current market

I think the app works with all the recent versions of Android so shouldn't be an issue with anything available in the current market
Thanks jokiin, I didn't get a chance today to investigate the tablets. I did look at the new phones and talked to a few people who know a little about them. Most of them said they were all over priced by a lot, and to try and wait till next month (September) because Apple will be releasing information on the the new phone they are coming out with.

what Apple releases has no bearing on Android pricing except perhaps for the top of the range Samsung models, if you want good value look at what Motorola have for Android, even their cheapest models are good phones

what Apple releases has no bearing on Android pricing except perhaps for the top of the range Samsung models, if you want good value look at what Motorola have for Android, even their cheapest models are good phones

Thanks for the tip jokiin, I'll check them out.

Hi jokiin, you were right, it seems all the reviews I found had good things to say about the Moto G4 model so I went to Amazon and bought it, they are shipping it directly to my son. I'm sure he's going to like it. Thanks for ending my frustration, it was driving me nuts reading reviews and trying to figure out which one was what, then another and another on and on!

I've been thinking about putting in the Vico Power Plus, what do you guys think about this idea?

Just take out the Cigarette fixture (Original), replace/wire it with the cig fixture that came with the VPP. That would give me the 12 Volt to the Charger, I don't need a cig lighter (don't smoke). The question though is, anyone ever took one out and tried this ?
The one that came with the Vico is plastic on the outside but I don't think with the Scosche USB charger in it, that would be a heat problem, just an electrical connection,what do you think?

I've been thinking about putting in the Vico Power Plus, what do you guys think about this idea?

Just take out the Cigarette fixture (Original), replace/wire it with the cig fixture that came with the VPP. That would give me the 12 Volt to the Charger, I don't need a cig lighter (don't smoke). The question though is, anyone ever took one out and tried this ?
The one that came with the Vico is plastic on the outside but I don't think with the Scosche USB charger in it, that would be a heat problem, just an electrical connection,what do you think?

If it fits.

I wonder if another option might be to remove the Vico 12V socket from its cable and simply wire it to the existing 12V socket after removing its existing connection?

Last edited:
Back