I really need some help in deciding on the right cameras.

If it fits.

I wonder if another option might be to remove the Vico 12V socket from its cable and simply wire it to the existing 12V socket after removing its existing connection?
That makes no sense but...maybe I don't understand does Lola want 24 hr power on all the time. that's why she needs the Vico to shut it down before car battery dies. Why not just run vico the way it supposed to be installed what can be gained other way? directly to panel and plug power cord into vico female outlet. all hidden under dash. U can choose the fuse for the cigarette outlet or choose a new unused outlet. I did it and it was perfect.

That makes no sense but...maybe I don't understand does Lola want 24 hr power on all the time. that's why she needs the Vico to shut it down before car battery dies. Why not just run vico the way it supposed to be installed what can be gained other way? directly to panel and plug power cord into vico female outlet. all hidden under dash. U can choose the fuse for the cigarette outlet or choose a new unused outlet. I did it and it was perfect.

I basically agree, but the question was asked so I addressed it. Still, using one female 12V socket or another doesn't really make a difference as long as it's wired the same.

If it fits.

I wonder if another option might be to remove the Vico 12V socket from its cable and simply wire it to the existing 12V socket after removing its existing connection?
That would make it Super simple as long as their socket doesn't have some electrical part in it that's necessary, I'll bet Pier28 would know that for sure since he sells them besides being quite intelligent in these matters also.

Then on the other hand, I'll have to check it and make sure it's not always "Hot"! I have a delay in the electrical system that lasts a few minutes but that shouldn't effect anything will it ? It just lets you still work the electric windows, shuts off the lights, etc.

I also have to keep in mind that when I put the "front" camera in I don't create any problems. Pier28 said to run both cameras you should put in a splitter.
However since I will be running both cameras in "switched Loop mode" only, (no GPS or park mode) I don't think I'll need a splitter.
The Scosche has two USB outlets both treated the same (relative to electricity output) and should take care of both cameras relative to necessary power so I can't think of anything I've missed.
However you know how I am, I know practically nothing about it except don't stick your finger in a live socket, LOL!

as long as their socket doesn't have some electrical part in it that's necessary,

Do you want to know if Vico Power Plus cigarette lighter socket has any electronic chip-set inside, or you mean something else ?

Do you want to know if Vico Power Plus cigarette lighter socket has any electronic chip-set inside, or you mean something else ?
off topic ... Regarding the A119 with GPS can you tell me the best resolution to choose and just leave it at that adjustment to get an all around decent footage day or night.I'm confused as there is a few more than I am used to. Also 2nd question... Is it possible to use an A118 without GPS existing hidden power cord with an A119 with GPS or do I have to use the power cord that came with it. It would be great to use existing cord because it is hidden and saves me 15 minutes installation again. Would the GPS work properly with old generic power cord
Thanks

That would make it Super simple as long as their socket doesn't have some electrical part in it that's necessary, I'll bet Pier28 would know that for sure since he sells them besides being quite intelligent in these matters also.

Then on the other hand, I'll have to check it and make sure it's not always "Hot"! I have a delay in the electrical system that lasts a few minutes but that shouldn't effect anything will it ? It just lets you still work the electric windows, shuts off the lights, etc.

I also have to keep in mind that when I put the "front" camera in I don't create any problems. Pier28 said to run both cameras you should put in a splitter.
However since I will be running both cameras in "switched Loop mode" only, (no GPS or park mode) I don't think I'll need a splitter.
The Scosche has two USB outlets both treated the same (relative to electricity output) and should take care of both cameras relative to necessary power so I can't think of anything I've missed.
However you know how I am, I know practically nothing about it except don't stick your finger in a live socket, LOL!

I have a Vico, but based on your statement that you won't be using parking mode, why do want it? The real benefit of a unit like this is to prevent your car battery from going flat when using parking mode. If you aren't using parking mode, just use your factory cigarette lighter - the delay will have no real effect, other than the camera running until your car cuts the power.

off topic ... Regarding the A119 with GPS can you tell me the best resolution to choose and just leave it at that adjustment to get an all around decent footage day or night.I'm confused as there is a few more than I am used to. Also 2nd question... Is it possible to use an A118 without GPS existing hidden power cord with an A119 with GPS or do I have to use the power cord that came with it. It would be great to use existing cord because it is hidden and saves me 15 minutes installation again. Would the GPS work properly with old generic power cord
Thanks

power cord is no different

resolution is personal choice but some seem to prefer the higher res option, best just try a bit of both and see what you prefer

power cord is no different

resolution is personal choice but some seem to prefer the higher res option, best just try a bit of both and see what you prefer
I thank you very much for answering my post

I think @Pier28 and @niko would know a lot more about this kind of thing than I do, especially when it comes to the Vico which I have no experience with at all.
That's why I mentioned Pier28 (that's where I bought mine), you (Dashmellow) told me several times that you knew basically nothing about the Vico.
Pier28 is probably the most informed here because he sells them, can connect to the factory quickly when he perhaps needs information not generally in circulation on a new product. I also read a couple posts on this forum where he helped others with camera connections, that's it.

jackkk, when I bought it I really knew nothing about the product except what I read, it all sounded good to me even if I wasn't going to get a dash cam, like battery control, ability to hide the whole shebang, temperature control for camera shutoff (that's a big one), etc,. If I'm right in the way I would like to set things up I will be very happy with the Vico.

Dashmellow what did you think of my idea of hooking up the "Front" camera? Did it sound plausible are did I make some mistakes in my thinking as usual, LOL.

I read one of your posts today where you and some others were talking about the Mobius 2 (M2) and it sounded like others are having some serious concerns about it. I was thinking/considering getting the M2 (for the front) but wanted to talk to you some about it before making a decision about getting it.

Yes niko, I would think not, but have no way of knowing except through autopsy and that would kind of defeat my project. Anything is possible these days so I figure it's just better to ask then make a stupid mistake. Thanks for asking.

Dashmellow what did you think of my idea of hooking up the "Front" camera? Did it sound plausible are did I make some mistakes in my thinking as usual, LOL.

I read one of your posts today where you and some others were talking about the Mobius 2 (M2) and it sounded like others are having some serious concerns about it. I was thinking/considering getting the M2 (for the front) but wanted to talk to you some about it before making a decision about getting it.

As long as you have 5V with enough amperage in the circuit to run two cameras (and you should) there's no reason not to use a splitter to run the second camera. That is basically what I do with my dual port USB adapters.

The Mobius 2 has the potential to be an amazing camera and I believe it will be at some point but it will be a while until the firmware and other details are more polished.

Lola its not my business but....seeing how you are a little bit of a perfectionist do yourself a favor so you will be happy buy yourself a Street Guardian SG9665GC and any time you have questions you see how easy it is to contact Pier28 (Jokiin) or Jon. You need good support and there is only a few companies that will take the time to help you. Besides put the odds in your favour and buy a dash cam that is rated on this site as being the best.

To sort of quote myself:

"The Street Guardian SG9665GC has the potential to be an amazing camera and I believe it will be at some point but it will be a while until the firmware and other details are more polished." ;)

Lola its not my business but....seeing how you are a little bit of a perfectionist do yourself a favor so you will be happy buy yourself a Street Guardian SG9665GC and any time you have questions you see how easy it is to contact Pier28 (Jokiin) or Jon. You need good support and there is only a few companies that will take the time to help you. Besides put the odds in your favour and buy a dash cam that is rated on this site as being the best.

By the way, none of @Lola questions or concerns here are about the Mobius camera she just purchased, so what is your "not my business" agenda in suddenly injecting this "advice" into the discussion?

"The Street Guardian SG9665GC has the potential to be an amazing camera and I believe it will be at some point but it will be a while until the firmware and other details are more polished." ;)

speaking of which (and I know you've been busy with other stuff recently) but have you had a chance to try the latest beta yet to see how the updated center weighted AE table is working for your situation?

speaking of which (and I know you've been busy with other stuff recently) but have you had a chance to try the latest beta yet to see how the updated center weighted AE table is working for your situation?

Yes, looking good too!, but with a somewhat complicated answer regarding aiming to get the desired results. I'm planning to post my results shortly. Hang in there. I prefer to keep the discussion in the appropriate thread(s). :)

Yes, looking good too!, but with a somewhat complicated answer regarding aiming to get the desired results. I'm planning to post my results shortly. Hang in there. I prefer to keep the discussion in the appropriate thread(s). :)

yeah no problem, in the right thread, was just giving you a friendly nudge as I've been waiting on your results which by the sounds of things will likely be a factor in our next set of adjustments anyway :)

are u the moderator here? why do you question my post to Lola? And did she just purchase?

Wow Dashmellow whats ur problem? If u look at her post she was talking partly to me. And did I misunderstand I think she is in the market to buy a dash cam. So be polite and not mix in
?

Really don't care to get drawn into this sort of thing with you.

With all due respect, You didn't even try out the beta 26 so why jump the gun and give your mini review, for all u know this beta 26 corrected it. I think that's so unfair of u knowing that the Sellers are always good to u.

I have indeed been testing out beta 26 but simply haven't reported on it yet because of other commitments, obligations and time constraints.

You seem to be a very nice fellow but since you showed up here you seem to be in everyone's face in an opinionated odd way and make a lot of assumptions with little information or knowledge of the history of certain subjects here on DCT. It's beginning to seem a bit weird, if you must know.

Last edited:
Back