I really need some help in deciding on the right cameras.

If you watch they sometimes have it discounted. My current subscription was either $59 or $69 for a full year. Will probably cancel when it comes up for renewal and see what they offer.

Yeah, they were offering an amazing deal on it when I signed up for a trial and when I discovered that I could watch perfect HD video on my 3MBPS DSL connection I dove right in and never looked back. Having access to their video collection and programming and now with HBO Now and other a la carte offerings I gave up my WAY overpriced DirecTV satellite system. Between Amazon Prime video and mountain top over the air local TV station reception I save myself over $1200 a year on TV programming!

P.S. I just finished binge watching the entire 5 seasons of Fringe. Gotta love it!

Last edited:
You can count on it.

Here in the US, Amazon is $99 per year or $10.99 per month. They raised the price from $79.00 to $99.00 back in March, 2014. There is still the 30 day free trial, of course.
I suspect that in Canada it is a small area (10 provinces ) only so the main delivery warehouse is in Ontario which then sends it out to the other 9 provinces. Compare that to US with 50 states

we put that up yesterday
quick question... Is it possible when you send stock to amazon.ca is it possible to have an option to include the 64 GB instead of 32GB (charge accordingly.)

quick question... Is it possible when you send stock to amazon.ca is it possible to have an option to include the 64 GB instead of 32GB (charge accordingly.)

If we have enough stock to spread around we can but we keep selling out.

Yeah, they were offering an amazing deal on it when I signed up for a trial and when I discovered that I could watch perfect HD video on my 3MBPS DSL connection I dove right in and never looked back. Having access to their video collection and programming and now with HBO Now and other a la carte offerings I gave up my WAY overpriced DirecTV satellite system. Between Amazon Prime video and mountain top over the air local TV station reception I save myself over $1200 a year on TV programming!

P.S. I just finished binge watching the entire 5 seasons of Fringe. Gotta love it!
I did basically the same thing. I had Dish network and my receiver broke. I called and they transfered me to India, went through some tests on the phone with him. He said they were sending me a new receiver that never came. When I emailed them to find out why, they said it was because I couldn't prove who I was, WHAT! You seem to have no trouble sending me the bills I told them, they said that's our position. So I said OK, my position is you are fired!!!! They started threatening me, someone from India tried to break into my bank account (were caught by Google) , Google sent me a note showing the location in India and everything.
Never paid them another cent.
Since then I have been watching YouTube with basically no problems (over 2 years) on the computer screen. I have a 55" Samsung that hasn't been on since then.
I was giving them jerks over $80.00 per month, now I put it in the bank.

If we have enough stock to spread around we can but we keep selling out.

Hi, Pier28, (Off Topic) I'm the person that bought the Vico Power Plus from you a couple weeks ago. You sent me an email wanting to know if I was satisfied with my purchase and leaving feedback with Amazon. I gave you an answer you didn't quite understand.
I left a glowing account of the purchase (glowing means good) and mentioned your companies name (Pier28). Next day I had an email from Amazon wanting me to rewrite my report and basically talk about the "Vico". That didn't sit right with me at all and refused. Don't know if they put it up or not but thought you should know what went on.

Hi, Pier28, (Off Topic) I'm the person that bought the Vico Power Plus from you a couple weeks ago. You sent me an email wanting to know if I was satisfied with my purchase and leaving feedback with Amazon. I gave you an answer you didn't quite understand.
I left a glowing account of the purchase (glowing means good) and mentioned your companies name (Pier28). Next day I had an email from Amazon wanting me to rewrite my report and basically talk about the "Vico". That didn't sit right with me at all and refused. Don't know if they put it up or not but thought you should know what went on.

Hi there are two reviews you can give an Amazon seller. One for the seller itself and one for the product. The Vico Opia2 has no reviews and it would be nice to get one eventually is all. Sorry if our feedback5 (automated system) sent you one too many emails. (Adjusting settings)

There might come a day when I get Prime I don't know. I'm not certain, but I don't think it's for a year now (More like X months) you should read all the small print again. I didn't know they included a video station! I went there yesterday and bought 2 Samsung 64GB Plus SD cards and a 64GB thumb drive, that met the $49.00 free shipping minimum.

I'm getting so fed up with trying to get msetup on my Linux computer I'm thinking about buying a cheap windows laptop with anything but windows 10. That is if I can get one with a USB port. I've never even touched a laptop so know nothing about them.
What do you think about a laptop for msetup ?

Hi there are two reviews you can give an Amazon seller. One for the seller itself and one for the product. The Vico Opia2 has no reviews and it would be nice to get one eventually is all. Sorry if our feedback5 (automated system) sent you one too many emails. (Adjusting settings)
NO NO NO, it's not the emails, they don't bother me, it was Amazon wanting me to rewrite it (review) without mentioning your company that bugged me!

NO NO NO, it's not the emails, they don't bother me, it was Amazon wanting me to rewrite it without mentioning your company that bugged me!

Oh we weren't aware of that guess Amazon has certain rules, and they were communicating to you directly (I thought you meant us)

There might come a day when I get Prime I don't know. I'm not certain, but I don't think it's for a year now (More like X months) you should read all the small print again. I didn't know they included a video station! I went there yesterday and bought 2 Samsung 64GB Plus SD cards and a 64GB thumb drive, that met the $49.00 free shipping minimum.

I'm getting so fed up with trying to get msetup on my Linux computer I'm thinking about buying a cheap windows laptop with anything but windows 10. That is if I can get one with a USB port. I've never even touched a laptop so know nothing about them.
What do you think about a laptop for msetup ?

A laptop should be fine. Maybe you could find a decent used one on eBay? My preference is Windows 7.

Well known commentator Steve Gibson of Gibson Research is vehemently against Windows 10 and for good reason. He even publishes the Never 10 utility. Although there are workarounds and a knowledgeable user can alter settings, he basically says, "There are many reasons for this, but among them is the fact that Windows 10 has become controversial due to Microsoft's evolution of their Windows operating system platform into a service which, among other things, aggressively monitors and reports on its users activities."

I've noticed that even Windows 7 is now trying to invade my privacy using the same methods that Windows 10 does. Specifically, the data it collects is sent to two hard-coded addresses: vortex-win.data.microsoft.com and settings-win.data.microsoft.com.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/29...w-all-collecting-user-data-for-microsoft.html

The beauty of running Windows inside a Virtual Machine on my Mac is that my reverse firewall (Little Snitch) alerts me whenever Windows 7 wants to phone home or connect to another server of any kind and I can allow or deny at will or create a permanent rule preventing Windows from invading my privacy while at the same time allowing me full access to malware and system updates and any other server or web site I wish to approve.

I still think Virtual Box on your Linux system with a copy of Windows, even XP would be a simple, inexpensive and convenient solution to running mSetup.

A laptop should be fine. Maybe you could find a decent used one on eBay? My preference is Windows 7.

Well known commentator Steve Gibson of Gibson Research is vehemently against Windows 10 and for good reason. He even publishes the Never 10 utility. Although there are workarounds and a knowledgeable user can alter settings, he basically says, "There are many reasons for this, but among them is the fact that Windows 10 has become controversial due to Microsoft's evolution of their Windows operating system platform into a service which, among other things, aggressively monitors and reports on its users activities."

I've noticed that even Windows 7 is now trying to invade my privacy using the same methods that Windows 10 does. Specifically, the data it collects is sent to two hard-coded addresses: vortex-win.data.microsoft.com and settings-win.data.microsoft.com.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/29...w-all-collecting-user-data-for-microsoft.html

The beauty of running Windows inside a Virtual Machine on my Mac is that my reverse firewall (Little Snitch) alerts me whenever Windows 7 wants to phone home or connect to another server of any kind and I can allow or deny at will or create a permanent rule preventing Windows from invading my privacy while at the same time allowing me full access to malware and system updates and any other server or web site I wish to approve.

I still think Virtual Box on your Linux system with a copy of Windows, even XP would be a simple, inexpensive and convenient solution to running mSetup.
You're probably right. I'm just in a down mood, several big problems in my life at the moment! Hopefully things will work themselves out, just going to take some time.
I asked the question on a Linux forum about having a dual boot system with Windows. They explained how to do it but advised against it. Windows absolutely hates anything to do with Linux and will go out of their way to mess with it ! However I don't know about Virtual box, I don't believe you are actually loading windows to the system are you? I found places on the Internet to get a copy of Windows 7 but I'm really leary of doing it.

You're probably right. I'm just in a down mood, several big problems in my life at the moment! Hopefully things will work themselves out, just going to take some time.
I asked the question on a Linux forum about having a dual boot system with Windows. They explained how to do it but advised against it. Windows absolutely hates anything to do with Linux and will go out of their way to mess with it ! However I don't know about Virtual box, I don't believe you are actually loading windows to the system are you? I found places on the Internet to get a copy of Windows 7 but I'm really leary of doing it.

In a virtual machine, the guest operating system exists inside its own container so it is running as an application inside the host operating system via your VM software such as Parallels or Virtual Box. It's not a dual boot system where you choose one or the other to boot into. On my Mac I can completely isolate Windows from the Mac side if I want to. I've never used Virtual Box and only have limited experience with Linux (Ubuntu) so I guess I'm not the best person to ask but I don't see why it wouldn't work, especially of all you want to do is run one small program occasionally.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to use the Mobius Actioncam app available through the Android app store along with a mini USB cable + OTG adaptor. You'll hardly use the mSetup once the camera is fully configured. The Android app will also give you a live view during the aiming process, plus the entire mSetup configuration functionality works with the app also.

I used Parallels to run mSetup initially too as I didn't like to app available for the Mac, but after using and paying for the Android app, haven't looked back.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to use the Mobius Actioncam app available through the Android app store along with a mini USB cable + OTG adaptor. You'll hardly use the mSetup once the camera is fully configured. The Android app will also give you a live view during the aiming process, plus the entire mSetup configuration functionality works with the app also.

I used Parallels to run mSetup initially too as I didn't like to app available for the Mac, but after using and paying for the Android app, haven't looked back.

Not a bad idea, assuming @Lola is an Android user.

Not a bad idea, assuming @Lola is an Android user.

Hi Dashmello/harsh therein lies the problem. I hate phones. I have a little flip phone and an account with "Ting" in case of emergencies, in the last month or so I think I made 1 or 2 calls. I can honestly say I know nothing about them except how to make a call. I don't really care for cell phones!

That said, I got my son a totally unlimited account cell phone with Sprint. It is just a regular phone (about 3 or more years old) but is wearing out or worn out. So, I wouldn't mind getting a new phone for him. Been intending to do it for some time now! The account is awesome he tells me. We were in Sam's club one day and they were selling phones and accounts I kept hounding the cost of a total plan and he finally said this is the lowest price I can give so we took it.

What is an Android phone, would you are any of the guys know if Sprint uses them? Just point me in the right direction and I'll get him one. Any information you supply will be greatly appreciated. Like where to get the cheapest deals, and what is a good Android phone?

About msetup, I assumed this is the program for setting up the phone. As Dashmellow has told me I could do this manually without the need of an interface but I also assume this is where you keep/download files you wish to keep/edit, is this correct or is there another program for this (storing/editing Mobius files)?

PS. I liked those 2 links Gibson Research and Little Snitch, I have to spend some more time there because most things are PC/Apple only.

Last edited:
I don't have much time to answer as I'm just on my way out the door but "Android" is the operating system (created by Google) that is used on Samsung smartphones (and tablets) and many others. In contrast, Apple's iPhones and iPads run on an operating system called iOS.

There is a program similar to msetup (which runs on a PC) that runs on "Android" smartphones that can be used to set-up, control, and view the Mobius via a cable.

Back