i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Yes the gps's cable is shorter.
But I think the problem is simply with cheap charger, probably not enough wattage..
Well one option I see is to take the good charger and solder long wire :]
There other is simply buy better long charger :o

The charger with my i1000 A10 processor version is 5 volts 1 amp.
The battery is meant to be 800ma (But nothing is written on it to confirm it).
Using an ammeter I can see that the unit running everything comes close to 800 ma so this battery of mine is simply not going to charge when in use :)

I have not looked into it however, I think the power to the unit is via the battery in series, not parallel.
The unit feeds from the battery and not directly from the car. This means that the drain on the battery is as much as the power trying to charge the battery.
Depending on the charge circuit, it might not draw more than 1 amp so the additional power will not make a difference.
Can someone else comment to verify my suspicions ?

I began to have issues with my I1000L :[
The video stucks every few seconds, some of the files are even totally corrupted
This is both on the front and rear camera...
Any ideas :\?

Motion detect off, G-Sensor off, disconnect the rear camera, these are some of the things that get mentioned for the various versions of this product

After I did format it started to work normally...
Before the format the camera it self worked slowly, there was delay
when I press a button and until it does something, after formating its gone...
what can cause that :\?
The camera can't work when the sd is full :|?

this model is not very well sorted, there's lots of random problems amongst them, there is a real one of these that works ok but I don't think it sells anywhere outside of Taiwan

Everytime I see a stall issue or corrupted video, I have moved to a faster better card and formatted it and the issue went away. I have now got six of these units (including A10 and F20) as I have issued them to all my staff. I have seen the weirdest issues solved by swapping out SD cards or formatting them.

the parking line function is built into the camera not the recorder, you'd probably need to source another camera to get around this

I have not looked into it however, I think the power to the unit is via the battery in series, not parallel.
The unit feeds from the battery and not directly from the car. This means that the drain on the battery is as much as the power trying to charge the battery.
Depending on the charge circuit, it might not draw more than 1 amp so the additional power will not make a difference.
Can someone else comment to verify my suspicions ?
I've been trying to figure this out as well. So several days ago, I hooked it up to my battery pack, which can put out 2A, and it did charge the unit while running. However, the system still shuts down the second 12V power is cut, so unless I'm missing something, there is no point.

Replaced the standard rear camera with "170 mini backup camera" from ebay...
much better, its waterproof, wide angel, smaller, and I think the quality slightly better
mounted it outside the car, haven't tested at night yet
Had to cut the wires and solder as the 170 camera comes with power and video cable seperated,
usually there are 3 cables inside, red yellow and black.

that's an interesting idea since my existing rear camera is very much NOT wide angle. most of the backup cameras i am finding seem to be 12v though, and since the dashcam itself only receives 5v via usb, i have to wonder - are you powering the rearview camera separately? that wouldn't be hard to do, and would simplify the wiring from the camera to the main DVR itself...

only question is, is the video mirrored or normal? do you have an ebay item number for the camera you got? searching for "170 mini backup camera" gives a ton of very different results.

only question is, is the video mirrored or normal? do you have an ebay item number for the camera you got? searching for "170 mini backup camera" gives a ton of very different results.

you can buy reverse cams that are selectable for mirrored or normal output, we do those also

i just got an idea... once i get my miata (mx-5 outside the us) running again, i plan to put my f70 into it to record my races. it would be neat if i could mount some weatherproof cameras in various places (under a wing mirror, in the suspension, facing backwards, in footwell, facing the driver, etc) and run their wiring to a switchbox where i can pick and choose which camera should be recorded on ch2 of the dvr. would be REALLY cool if i could somehow automatically cycle through them at 3-5 second intervals. would make for some interesting footage, don't you think? here's some footage from my f70 in a friend's subaru brz -

the main unit was mounted with the suction cup mount (amazingly stable!), and the second cam has the hook part of some velcro on it so i simply pressed it into the headliner above the rearview mirror to make it stick. once i get the cam into my miata, i plan on doing some more permanent mounts than velcro and suction cups, though i'll keep the suction cup mount if i ever drive someone else's car again.

Last edited:
Not to good news from my F70, installed March 2013.

- In italian summer heat, the front unit mounting plate came off the windscreen sometimes. The biadhesive of the permanent mount plate seems to be of bad quality. I`ll try to get some industrial quality 3M tape.
- It came quite loose on its mount. Probably the different plastics have different characteristics while heating up, so it rattles a bit.
- Worse: two weeks ago, I wanted to archive the footage of an incident, only to realize that the camera has stopped writing to SD-card some days before. The card was a 16GB Samsung class 6, bought at the same time as the camera itself.
Further investigations: the card doesn`t accept any write operations any more, nor video footage, nor creating an empty file with my PC, nor formatting. Lots of I/O errors in my log files. The camera seems to have killed the card. Estimated operating time about 250 hours, one minute files, two-channel.
- Worst: the camera does not complain about anything, not even when trying to format the card in the camera. It simply pretends to register, while it really doesn`t. Apparently, it has no error handling routines at all. This is really bad, as you never really know if it is still registering or not. A serious camera would have optical and/or (better) acoustical warnings when unable to finish writing operations. What does it have a loudspeaker for? Only for the annoying startup and shutdown sounds???

If you want to rely on your F70, you should check the files regularily, and maybe replace the card every year or so.

- Good: tried an older 16GB Samsung class 4 card while waiting for the new 32GB Samsung Class 6, both seem to be working good without any problems, always dual channel.

Personally, I am looking forward to find a new dual channel camera some day, preferably with a separate main unit, close to the power source to avoid voltage drop and clutter on the windscreen, and featuring recording on HDD instead of flash memory.

Last edited:
in the Texas heat, the mount on mine gets a little loose. doesn't seem to rattle, but i can slide it left or right VERY easily. when i first installed it, it was also very loose, so i added a little piece of adhesive felt on the mount to fill the gap and that solved the problem back then.

now my only complaint is that the speaker sounds like it's cracked, and the microphone sometimes sounds overdriven in recordings. i could probably turn down the gain on the mic but it doesn't bother me enough to mess with it. and honestly i may cut the wire to the speaker since the startup noise is annoying. i like how my wife's a118 is completely silent. :)

Hi cheers crazy friends,

I just buy an i1000 on Aliexpress.
I have a bug with the rear cam.

Rear cam send a black video.

I have understand that to have a good rear video i have to start the i1000 with power cable not connected.
I did several tests.

Have somebody same issue?

Firmware is from July 2014.

Thanks for your help.

Jo

Back