i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

black video? you may have a bad rear cam.

and i never have to do anything special when starting mine. i leave everything plugged in, so i don't have to think about it. i just get in my car and drive and it records both cameras automatically.

there's quite a few versions of this camera, there is one that works reliably but it's not common in the market as most sell the cheaper version that has a lot of issues

Gibson,
You are lucky. If you can send me your link where you buy your F70, I'm ready to buy a new one seriously manufactured. Maybe my rear cam is bad, but not sure. I have to test with new one rear cam to be sure.

--EDIT-------------Issue Resolved with a new Rear Cam----------------

Good to know : if i change power bloc it's same issue. And if i don't disconnect power, second start can be good but never the first start.

Last edited:
i bought mine about one year ago now, so i doubt the ebay listing is still the same.

i suggest avoiding this model since there are much more capable and better specced units out now. i just bought a B40/A118 to put in my wife's car and it really is true 1080p, has decent night video, and has a nice compact form factor. it's not dual camera, but then again the rear camera on the f70/i1000 is so lame, it might as well not even be there most of the time.

Follow up of my story with my bad i1000 camera.
After several message with my seller, I have an arrangement and will receive a new one unit. (I pay for this a discussed price)
My seller apparently never seen this issue before.

Detail I have seen after more use, is that rear cam don't start good if battery is completely charged. rear cam don't accept maybe to much volt value. Nobody see tbis before ?

I just took apart my i1000 to see if i could find and fix a rattle that was causing all audio to be distorted. i noticed that the speaker was only held in place with what looked like a piece of masking tape, so that's one rattle i can easily fix (i planned to remove the speaker anyway since i hate the startup and shutdown noises).

when i went to remove the battery, i was surprised. it looked a little swollen, but that's not unusual for these "battery in a bag" types... except when i touched it to remove it, i found that it was swollen with AIR - it's like a balloon! i can press on it and the "bag" easily moves around like a ziploc bag that's half full of air. i can feel the solid battery inside and it still feels flat, but i've never seen one where it swelled up with air.

is this swollen battery cause for concern?

while i was in there, i noticed that there's a little metal tang in the bottom half of the chassis that's meant to grab some notches on the chrome wheel next to the lens, to provide detents as you rotate the lens. mine has never had any clicks while rotating the lens. so i took out the metal piece, changed the shape of it so it would stick out more, and now my camera has nice clicks while rotating the lens, to help keep it from rotating away from where you set it, a lot like my wife's a118. so now i've improved my camera by removing the speaker and adding detents/clicks to the lens rotation.

one last thing - are they counting on the gap around the REC and MIC buttons to be enough opening for the microphone? there's no opening in front of the mic, though there is a depression in the case so the mic won't hit the case... i'm thinking of drilling a hole below the rec/mic buttons so that the front of the mic is actually exposed, as well as making sure the mic can't vibrate against the chassis. has anyone else done this?

About my i1000 issue :

- I just receive a new one i1000. This new one start good with rear cam OK. GOOD !

I see that they don't have blue LED, but one green, and one yellow. Other hardware ? song is very bad ! ( I thing that It's causing by the same issue that Gibson talk just above) And other thing I don't like : I don't have battery in the remote :( . Crazy ! I can't trust my seller !

After several test, I can define that on my first i1000 Dashcam, the rear cam is faulty. If somebody know a trusty seller where I can buy a new one, let me know.

Other small thing that I see is that when camera stop, I heart a small "tac", and again when I start the cam. But on the new one, no noise.

The first one I receive. Blue LED (rear cam was bad) and New one, with Yellow/Green LED

On this last cam, the firmware is from August, and with a new function that test the SD card.

Joël

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new and this is my first post. On September 13th I purchased a unit on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/121357004361It has not arrived yet, however reading through from the beginning of this thread to my disappointment I've lowered my expectation. I made another dashcam order for a B40 to be used on the front while the latter will be moved to the rear. Keeping the remote from the dual channel as spare for future project. Hopefully this setup will last long enough until my budget will let me try a few other makes and models. Thanks for sharing.
Regards, Peter

if you are looking for a dual cam setup, the panorama X2 is the buzz right now. its not yet released, but its close.

HI Guys.
I have also F70 dual cam (720p 30fps) + 16GB sandisk ultra class 10.

And on some videos has freeze record -> on 5min videos i have few moments when picutre is frozen for 5s.
I tried format card but nothing changed :(
System info says -> F20_20130510

Any ideas guys?

Hello, I purchased on ebay Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera.
I leave everything plugged in car cigarette lighter but after some hours (i think approximately 6 hours) the car cam power off.
Any ideas guys? Thanks.

Hi Rafal85 :
- I thing that you have to try an other SD card. try SDhc classe10 from a good supplier.

Joe

Hi Plandy :

- I think you just have to wait a little more on your first order. 10 days is the minimum for the classic Chinese post delivery.

Joe

if you are looking for a dual cam setup, the panorama X2 is the buzz right now. its not yet released, but its close.

Yes, thank you. I noticed it's built with good stuff from Sony.

i am using a simple 8gb class 2 card in my i1000. dunno what brand it is but it's been used in a couple different phones over the years. even when using both cameras i do not have any issues.

also, just because you bought it at a store doesnt' mean it can't be defective. even brand name manufacturers have problems sometimes. try another card just to be sure.

I think really that you have to test an other SD card. (with good write speed)
Sure, I had same issue before I changed the card.

Jo

Hi Plandy :

- I think you just have to wait a little more on your first order. 10 days is the minimum for the classic Chinese post delivery.

Joe

Absolutely! Gosh it's a long wait indeed. Ordered on September 13th, still not arrived and not expected before September 30th to Nov 6th. To the vendor's credit I was forewarned about delayed delivery. In the mean time ...feels like I'm dodging bullets every day without the company of a dashcam.
So I've ordered an overnight front glass suction support for my smartphone which will stand-in as temp-emergency dashcam. I'll probably chip in a few reports on my experience with this dual channel unit.
Regards, Peter.

Back