i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Ok, a quick update running this unit for the last three days. After reading through each posting from the beginning I was convinced using this unit as a dual channel unit would raise the probability of failure significantly. Thus I ended up using two separate cams. A B40 for the front and this one in the back without the second camera hooked up. I've also disabled the "G" sensor and the audio which turns of the extra audio status LED. Motion detection and infrared off as well. Now I'm left with with the red LED power status and the flashing record LED status. I was content leaving video resolution at the second best available after the best. And the video is fantastic. I'm very happy with it so far as long as it keeps working as it is. I have the camera suctioned against the rear glass. Angle adjustment was easy and the suction hold very strong. Well, it remains to be seen how long this version last.

Last edited:
Well, first post. Was looking to buy a cheap dash cam and settled on this model. Im not looking for the best cam out there, just something functional in case of accidents and to maybe capture a bit of the scenery now and then.

Took a chance on an eBay seller. Figured I couldn't go much wrong for 50 bucks to my door.

Auction claims:
  • Sensor : Samsung 4AW 1.2million pixels
  • View of front lens : 170 degree wide angle lens
  • Front lens video quality : AVI HD 1920*1080 @ 30fps
  • Back lens video quality : AVI D1 720*576 @ 30fps
  • Sound recording function: audio and video recording at the same time
  • Photo format : JPEG
  • Camera pixel : HD 2048*1536
  • Display : 2.0 inch HD TFT
  • USB interface: USB 2.0
  • Flash light function : support of optional
  • Flip function : Support
  • Motion detection function : Support
  • G-sensor : Triaxial three-dimensional collision detection
  • Emergency lock collision sensing : Support
  • Date&time stamp : Support
  • Storage Temperature : -20°-- 60°
  • Operating Temperature : -10°--60°
  • Operating humidity : 10-60%RH
  • Memory card type : Tfcard
  • Memory card capability : 512M- 32GB
  • Power consumption: 250-300MA
  • Battery : Polymer 800mAH lithium battery
  • Electric current while charging: 400MA
  • Charging time: 3 hours
Once I get it in my hands, we'll see if its worth the 50 bucks. Images in the auction looked like the "good" one, but you never know with eBay until you get it in your hands. Meh, it was still only 50 bucks.

If it even gets the same quality as the first few vids at the beginning of this thread, that's good enough for me.

I'll run it for a while and if it proves to be decently reliable, plans are to take it apart and integrate (ie:hide) it into the truck.

Ah, and it begins.

Downloaded the spec sheet for the Samsung 4aw. Looks like the can sensor is a max 720p. So the 1080p claim must be upscaled if the sensor that "sees" the outside world is only capable of 720p.

720p is still plenty good for my purposes, but "lie number one" is not a good indication of a decent product on the way....

Wife went out to the store today and I asked her to pick up a 32 GB class 10 MicroSD card if she found one at a good price.

She bought a Lexar 32 GB with the usb adapter. She paid 50 bucks!

That's as much as I paid for the camera!

LOL.

I have 4 128 GB sandisk cards (swap out so the cams run continuous:p;)) and I paid well over the cost of all the cams in my signature. You should thank your wife! She did comparison shop and found the best bang for the buck!

i just bought an adata 64gb card off amazon for $30 a few weeks ago, but it's meant for my phone, so i can keep more music on it. i'm still using an old 8gb card from an old phone in my i1000. with the cam set to vga (since it looks identical to 720) i get 4 hours of recording before it loops when using both cameras.

decided to hedge my bets and ordered a G1W-C as well.

I'll compare the two cams for a couple months and decide which one will get permanently built into the truck.

I would really like to have one with a rear cam, but the best forward view will make the final decision.

:)

decided to hedge my bets and ordered a G1W-C as well.

I'll compare the two cams for a couple months and decide which one will get permanently built into the truck.

I would really like to have one with a rear cam, but the best forward view will make the final decision.

:)

lol well i can tell you now which one will win. i have the f70 in my car and an a118 in my wife's car. the a118 uses the same cpu and sensor as the g1w series. it's like comparing plain seltzer or club soda to a good moscato d'asti. especially when you compare the night footage. check out my youtube channel. all recent racing videos and the newest 'volvo' video are from the f70. there are two sample videos from the a118 there as well, both night and day.
edit: added link to my channel

Last edited:
Camera showed up today.

Popped in my lexar 32 Gb card.

Working fine so far sitting on my desk.

Firmware is A10 2014_0818

Once I get a couple minutes recorded, I'll have a look at the file it produces for further info...

Meta data:

Untitled-1copy_zpsa1303305.jpg

edit: just saw your metadata... odd resolution, and low bitrate. interested to see how the video looks.

also noticed that your firmware name starts with A10 (mine starts with f20 if i remember right, since thats what procesor it uses) so maybe it really is upgraded hardware inside the same old chassis. can you give us a link to the product you bought?

on the left is 720 setting the right is the 1080 setting:

Untitled-2_zps06c4767d.jpg

Not sure how evident it is in the picture, but there is significantly more clarity in the 1080 video playback. the 720 is very "grainy" and edges are not sharp, whereas the 1080 playback has crisp corners and the colors are sharper.

Is it possible they have changed the cmos sensor in this inexpensive camera to one capable of 1080?

I may have to get the precision screwdrivers out....

After seeing how the pictures posted, I can certainly say they are not representative of the difference between the two. it is a much more evident difference than those pictures show.

When my G1W-C gets here, I'll mount them both in the window and go for a drive for a comparison seeing as the G1W is a known 1080p camera....

initial look seems that it's not a 170 degree FOV. A quick and dirty bit of trig makes it more like 90 degrees.

Quite a far cry frm the 170 as advertised in the auction.

I'll have to do a more detailed measurement to be able to say for sure....no time for that right now though.

I'l get to it sooner or later....:)

Downloaded mediainfo and had a look at the 720 and 1080 files info:

Untitled-3_zpsa57fab3a.jpg

Left is 1080, right is 720.

10 Mbps for 1080, 14 Mbps for 720.

I wonder if my Lexar 32 GB class 10 card is helping that rate out a bit? Dunno, not my area or knowledge....

Both are close enough to 30 Fps for me to call it 30 Fps.

Curiosity got the better of me and I removed the back case.

AllWinner Tech

A10

d5003CA 25H1

other visible chips:

1. Innix H5TQ1G63DFR 11C 205A NTKF1117HK

2. AXP209 DC144CB 61S1

3. cFeon Q65-104HIP 133SQ5A2 1403TDA

CMOS, only distinguishing marks:

i1000-99141

Battery:

562837P
MASK0488
520maH

So, googling the CMOS sensor confirms it is only capable of 720.

Going to look up the A10 now....

A10:

1-140310140405537.jpg

So the processor is certainly capable of doing 1080P.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I could swap in a different CMOS?

MUHAHAHA!

Crap, that didn't take long. I haven't had it much more than an hour and I'm already thinking about hacking it up......sheesh.

Back