i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Thanks irononreverse,

maybe you can give me further informations as soon as your f70g arrives?
Some other videos would be great and maybe an answer to my questions.

Thanks in advance

cyclehead said:
cyclehead said:
... my experience (so far) with this i1000 camera.

Another update. I ordered a second camera from Amazon. It appears to be the same defective design as the last one. The sound recording feature does not work...

Yet another update. I DO have sound recording with this i1000. It just won't play on my home computer.
-If I copy the .mov files onto my PC, they will not play back with any sound, however,
-I uploaded one .mov file to google documents and sent it to my daughter. That file WILL play sound!!

I am baffled. I have tried multiple movie players on my PC and they all act the same. My home PC will play sound (from the same file) only if it is uploaded to google documents first. Any tips would be appreciated!

p_dashcam said:
i have the i1000 and thought it was great, and now today just got the gs9000.... huge step forward in quality.... and the i1000 is now considered poor by me!!!

No fair. This is the "dual lens" forum. I don't see a dual lens on the GS9000. Plus it costs exactly twice as much as i1000.

cyclehead said:
cyclehead said:
cyclehead said:

Another update. I ordered a second camera from Amazon. It appears to be the same defective design as the last one. The sound recording feature does not work...

Yet another update. I DO have sound recording with this i1000. It just won't play on my home computer.
-If I copy the .mov files onto my PC, they will not play back with any sound, however,
-I uploaded one .mov file to google documents and sent it to my daughter. That file WILL play sound!!

I am baffled. I have tried multiple movie players on my PC and they all act the same. My home PC will play sound (from the same file) only if it is uploaded to google documents first. Any tips would be appreciated!

Download the K-lite codec pack, should sort your audio issues

Hello,

i have the 720P dual cam with the F20 prozessor.
When the Cam is on , my Hamradio in my Car is unusable.
The Camera make many many Radio-interference at 145 Mhz.
I think it´s the clock frequency of the Prozessor.

So for Radio-Amateurs this Cam is unadvisable.

Thomas

cyclehead said:
cyclehead said:
cyclehead said:

Search Google for "Media player classic home cinema", this player has built in codecs, it will play the sound. don't install k lite codec pack like suggested here, this will install codecs on your PC and will mess your PC built in codecs.

If by mess with your codecs you mean it will add what's needed for playback then yeah, it will mess with your codecs

Honestly never had an issue with K-lite in all the years I've used it, sounds like you might have had issues though

jokiin said:

Thanks! That worked, and I now have sound! I did try Media Player first, but it would not play sound until after I installed the K-lite software.

cyclehead said:
jokiin said:

Thanks! That worked, and I now have sound! I did try Media Player first, but it would not play sound until after I installed the K-lite software.

good to know it worked for you

Hi,
Only a small clarification, i meant media player classic home cinema and not windows media player, these are 2 different programs, MPC-HC is an open source program with built in codecs.

regarding K-lite codec pack, there are numerous threads online about it messing with the OS internal filters after you uninstall it. i'm a member in few home theater forums and the first rule in every forum is "Do not install k-lite codec pack".

anyway, i'm glad your problem is solved, this is just my 2 cents.

Does someone knows how to program the built in F20 processor like a 808 keychaincam?
At this cam you can put a tag.txt file on the sd-root and this way you can set time and date.

maybe it is a text-file like this:
[system_set]
cam_quality = 2
water_mark = 1
ae_level = 3

[video_permission]
DIVX5 = 1
or
H264 = 1

The background of this question:
I've bought this cam to record some vandalism.
Vandalism often is seen a few days to late so there are some problems with this cam:

1.) if the cam records nonstop my 64GB card only lasts 1 day then it begins ereasing the first files (yes it even supports a class 10 64GB card)
2.) you can not set the sensivity of the motion detector and it is very unsensitiv.
3.) maybe it is possible to set the framerate to 5 or 10 frames/s so that would be enough for this.
4.) i also thought about soldering some autoshutter that shots a pic every second, but even this takes much to much space on the card
5.) is there some converter out there from sd to sata so hardrive can be hooked up.

Maybe it can be set by some tags in a text-file or the firmware can be edited and flashed back by imgRePacker.exe from RedScorpio

There is a problem with GPS reception and this camera. When I try using both - my Sat Nav and the camera, the sat nav goes crazy, loses connection, thinks I'm on different roads all the time and constantly tries to recalculate. Once the adaptor and the camera are off, problem disappears.

somebody. can say. image from the rear camera on the screen recorder must invert or not? While viewing recording on computer, all is ok, but "live" on the screen is not mirror, and it is not possible to use as parking. model F70 rear camera look like this
images

NilaT said:
Thanks irononreverse,

Thanks in advance

My F70G arrived and it's all set up in my car.

The auto detect function only record from when movement is detected, not before.

As for using the rear camera for parking, my rear camera doesn't mirror the view, others say that they have mirrored views but I don't know what the difference is. I have the rotatable rear camera. It seems that a previous poster had a reversed image and he had a bullet style rear cam.

Here's some video from my camera. I'm going to stick a bit of polarised lens from a pair of 3D glasses on the front to see whether I can reduce the reflections.

Last edited by a moderator:
irononreverse said:
NilaT said:
Thanks irononreverse,

Thanks in advance

My F70G arrived and it's all set up in my car.

The auto detect function only record from when movement is detected, not before.

As for using the rear camera for parking, my rear camera doesn't mirror the view, others say that they have mirrored views but I don't know what the difference is. I have the rotatable rear camera. It seems that a previous poster had a reversed image and he had a bullet style rear cam.

Here's some video from my camera. I'm going to stick a bit of polarised lens from a pair of 3D glasses on the front to see whether I can reduce the reflections.

That quality looks pretty good. Where did you order from?

I was originally looking at the dr32 (mainly for the quality), however a rear facing camera is more useful despite the quality trade off. Is there any difference in quality between the f70, f70n and f70g?

I ordered from Shenzhen CG Electronics at Aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-New ... 18637.html

I think the F70 and F70G are the same, since it seems like the G only has the additional GPS module which plugs into the AV out port. The F70N is probably a bit different since that has the 60fps, I believe.

I was tempted with the DR32 as well but the form factor and the mount wouldn't really work in my car.

I currently have my F70G mounted just above my rearview mirror. I couldn't mount it on the GPS module mount because it wouldn't fit behind the mirror so I used the flat mount and did a bit of hacking on the GPS module and stuck it to the back of the mirror.

20130412175853.jpg

The cam is practically invisible from the outside. The only blatantly visible object is the square GPS sensor on the back of the mirror but that's probably safe from potential thieves.

Very nice mount.

enjoy,
Mtz

After some problems with Aliexpress, I got my camera some weeks ago, but only to notice that I got a F70 model without GPS, not the F70G I have ordered. I decided to keep it instead of getting another one, as I am still not sure if GPS data will be usable with Linux, and I wanted to avoid the hazzle of sending it back. After claiming the error, I received a partial refund from the seller and from customs.

Express shipping with DHL was expensive, $46, but the item arrived in Germany in three working days, including customs inspection.

Ver 007 F20_20121217
I have no permanent installation yet, as I intend to get a new car.

My experiences so far:

- absolutely no gaps, even a slight overlay of about 0.5 seconds
- sound is acceptable (but I keep it switched off)
- front image okay in daylight
-- can read most license plates of cars in opposite direction in city traffic up to about 40km/h
-- can read most license plates of cars in front up to about 15-20m distance
- Hint: keep sound on, and say loudly any license plate numbers or other info you want to register
- front image poor at night, but should be suitable as evidence in case of a crash in most circumstances
- front file size approximately 50 MB/min at day, 40 MB/min at night (sound off)
- normal rear camera image, NOT mirrored, quality sufficient to read the number plate of cars approaching from behind in daylight, but not at night when trailing cars have lights on
- my cylinder type rear camera does not seem to be water resistant or waterproof for outside mounting, so usable for parking only if you have a nearly vertical rear window
- rear IR LEDs always on (complete waste of components and energy, can cause indesired reflections)
- rear camera cable can be extended with a standard 3.5mm stereo extension cable, I have tried up to 5m
- camera can be powered by a standard Mini-USB cable, can be extended or modified with only 2 thin (fused!) conductors if desired. Voltage drop of approx. 0.5V is acceptable.
- can switch to full screen rear image without remote control, using buttons on camera (event button, short press, 2x), but camera will not remember last state when switching off and on (could be a nice idea for a firmware update)
- event button has to be pressed two times for saving an event when screen is in auto off mode
- GPS reception is okay (Garmin nüvi on dashboard)
- I can confirm the report that the 2m amateur radio band (145MHz) is close to unusable in the car when camera is running, while 70cm is acceptable.
- Hint: when installed and rotating lens position adjusted, mark the correct position with a permanent marker, or fix it with some hot glue to avoid unintended rotation when handling the camera
- annoying on and off sounds cannot be silenced
- status LEDs far too bright

Overall:
Works more or less as described. DO NOT BUY if you want to use 2m amateur radio.

I am not completely happy (mainly for the lack of GPS, and 145 MHz interference), but I consider it okay for the price, and like the neat form factor.

DashCamMan said:
There appears to be firmware ver_20120509 available now. Do not attempt to update a camera that comes with a firmware starting with F20 or v2.0 since it may not be compatible.

I have not tested this firmware out but so if you do use it, it is entirely at your own risk.

F70 Firmware Update Steps:

1. Format your TF card
2. Copy the firmware "EX7.img" into the TF Card
3. The device connect the car charger by car, restart the device
4. Click the "Reset" button, then it will auto install the firmware, the device Automatic shutdown.
5. Take out the memory card, the device will be work well.

Dash Cam Man

i found a firmware for x6 @ http://depositfiles.com/files/ube70jygb

but i tried to update like that, my camera just goes straight into recording after step 4

my camera been resets its date & time everytime car shuts off

Back