i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Mtz said:
From the item description the dimensions are:
50 x 35 x 5 mm

Which value do you think created problems for you? Which value do you think can be bigger?

To be honest I'm not sure. I have a background in electronics and in reality the original battery in my opinion should be sufficient. With the charger plugged in the camera should really run off the power supplied from that, the battery simply used for backup after the charger is removed to power the cam during the file saving and shutdown period. The battery shouldn't drain at all with the charger plugged in (in fact it should charge up). It may simply be that the original battery was faulty/poor quality.

There is conflicting information about the capacity of the original battery and there is no info on the battery itself. The manual states the capacity is 800mAH but according to some Ebay sellers it is only 500mAH. Either way 500mAH in theory should do the job although the cam will only run for half the time without the charger than my new 1000mAH battery. I chose the larger capacity just to ensure it would fix the problem which it does seem to have done. It may be I could have gone with an 800mAH battery which would work equally well but without trying I wouldn't know. Hope this helps.

At least now I can run the camera for a longer period unplugged than I would have been able to do.

I hoped you remember why your battery didn't fit well. Because of Length, Width or Height.

But I think it is safe to buy a 800mAh battery because is smaller. More mAh means more size and weight battery.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's mainly the height and length, the width isn't an issue. With the extra few mm height and being a bit fatter, combined with the tapered shape of the casing makes it tight to fit in.

Please help me with the settings and menu.

The manual is so confusing because of Chinese to English translation.

What does these settings do?

Watermark
auto record
frequency
G_sensor (what's that?)

I can't seem to get my recordings to 720p even though I set it to 720p. Bought mine from welldonetech appears to be a fake.

The recordings come out very blurry and fuzzy unless that's what they consider 720p....but I've seen 720p videos with this camera and what I'm getting is not that.

Anyone know what's the best settings to get the best videos?

These are my settings

Bright - Auto
exposal - 0
color - null
auto-detect - on
water mark - on
audio - on
auto record - on (what's the difference with auto-detect?)
frequency - 50 (changed to 60 1 minute ago, will see if it gets better quality tomorrow when I drive)
fill light - auto (changed to off 1 minute ago)
shutdown time - 1 minute
G_sensor - high (what's the difference with high, middle, low, off?)

Also on the middle menu that have a clock icon and says RT - 1min, 2min, 5min, OFF what does RT mean?
I set it to 5min, don't know which one to choose....

I have used this one for a few months:

Watermark is the ability to show or not show the time/date on your recordings.

Auto record, if chosen records as soon as it receives power, helps!

Frequency is some PAL, NTSC thing even i dont understand, but makes no difference to recordings from what i see.

G Sensor is gravity sensor, so if theres abnormal changes (e.g. a car accident) then it LOCKS that file, so it doesn't get over written, unless you delete it manually from the card.

RT is Record Time, so you chose to record it in 5 minute segments. Therefore, the files will be bigger then say 1 or 2 minute segments, but you get more film time per file on your memory card. (Just makes it neater to look at on the micro SD card personally, and saves keep clicking on different files every 1 minute i'm viewing!)

p_dashcam said:
Frequency is some PAL, NTSC thing even i dont understand, but makes no difference to recordings from what i see.

Frequency, 50 or 60 is to match your local power supply, eg 220v 50hz, 110v 60hz, choosing the same setting that your local electricity supply uses reduces flicker in your video from AC powered light sources such as traffic lights

Has anyone got any info on the new model F70N that supposedly shoots 60fps?

I haven't been using the rear view camera before recently.
Now I get corrupt files, both front and rear view file, every now and then. 7(14) corrupted files the last 6 hours of driving.
They have the same size as the other files, but can't be played on the camera nor by VLC.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any fix?

Format the card. Check another card. Check the power input to not be interrupted sometimes.

good luck,
Mtz

Thanks.
Formatted the card and reset the settings, let's see how it goes :)

UPDATE (2-21-13):
I changed to a SanDisk (Class-2) card and tested for 2 days. So far the corrupted file and froze frame problem is gone. I think it's the memory card problem.

UPDATE (2-24-13):
I don't have corrupted file or froze frame problem anymore after changed the memory card.
The suction cup mount does not hold in place long. 3 to 5 days maybe. It drops under the sun.
For $50, I think this is still a good buy. It serves my purpose at a reasonable cost. Now Let's wait for summer and test how it stand in the heat.
------------------------------

I bought my F70 on Aliexpress and has been using it for a week.
I just want to share my review here.
Start with Pros:
The design: I really like the compact design with rotating lens. It’s easy to position on windshield without blocking driver’s view.
Video quality: daytime video quality is good.
Functions: Most functions are working as car DVR.

Cons:
I noticed that there are corrupted video files (cannot be played at all) as well as froze sections (missing 5 to 10 seconds of frames). I have done reset, set to default, low format the memory cards.
Shutdown time setting is not working for me. It shutdown automatically 15 seconds after power disconnected, no matter what setting I chose.
Short Battery life: 4 to 5 minutes with front camera. 2 minutes with front and rear cameras .
Night time video quality is poor. Its front video is dark. the IR lights are completely useless.
Wider view could be better. The angle of view of the front camera is about 80 +/-2 degree. It could be better if it’s 90 to 100 degree.
Not all functions in the menu are working. For example, not sure if the auto detect does any thing. The rearcam IR lights cannot be turned off.
It’s running warm in winter. I hope it will last in summer.

Bought from: seller Shenzhen CG Electronics Co., Ltd. @ Aliexpress.com
Verson: 007, Firmware: F20_20121217

y_one2002 said:
It’s easy to position on windshield without blocking driver’s view.
Can you post a picture about how it is mounted?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
F*ck!!

Still getting corrupt files, and it's always the files I need! Some kids just ran in front of the train, close call..

I have a feeling I only get corrupt files when the rear view camera is connected. Will try to disconnect it and see if it works.

Hi All,
been using this dash cam for the past 2 months now. yesterday i connected it to my PC VIA USB cable supplied, i wanted to see a near accident i saw earlier this day. to my surprise i saw that almost all videos are freezed. i mean that in some points of the video file the video just freeze but you can still hear the sound in the background, so audio is recorded but video not.

i formatted the SD card (Kingston 16G class 10) using the camera and will check if the problem happens again.
i see lots of people complaining about corrupted files, inverted back camera image, maybe this camera is not so reliable, if this will continue i guess ill have to go with a more priced reliable camera.

here are some screenshots of my installation on a Mazda 2 2008:
http://postimage.org/gallery/52betmou/

Attachments

• Installed1.jpg
    Installed1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 458
Last edited by a moderator:
Read the previous post. Try using it without rear camera connected.

enjoy,
Mtz

Adi said:
i formatted the SD card (Kingston 16G class 10) using the camera and will check if the problem happens again.
i see lots of people complaining about corrupted files, inverted back camera image, maybe this camera is not so reliable, if this will continue i guess ill have to go with a more priced reliable camera.

Class 10 card is faster than lower class for large files. However lower class card in general has faster writing speed for small files.
I understand the video file is large file, but the video file is being written to card in real time at its recording speed. So it's could be written in smaller section by section.

I would test the card using "CrystalDiskMark" software. Make sure the card is 0.5MB/s and above for all writing speed tests (large and small files).

I also notice your camera box is different than mine. so we may have different supplier.
Hope this help.

y_one2002 said:
Adi said:

Class 10 card is faster than lower class for large files. However lower class card in general has faster writing speed for small files.
I understand the video file is large file, but the video file is being written to card in real time at its recording speed. So it's could be written in smaller section by section.

I would test the card using "CrystalDiskMark" software. Make sure the card is 0.5MB/s and above for all writing speed tests (large and small files).

I'm not sure if you're confusing disk size as it relates to read and write speed with hard drives where a larger drive will have slower times due to physical platter size, as an experiment I just used the CrystalDiskMark software you suggested and tested brand new 32gb Sandisk MicroSD cards, 1 x Class 4, 1 x Class 10, the read tests on the Class 4 was not too bad, the write test though the Class 10 was up to 4 times faster, write speed is the more important spec for for the cams

This is how I mounted mine
Front:
i.imgur.com_vEdYITT.png

Driver/passenger view:
i.imgur.com_NGlKaAf.png

It seems like disconnecting the rear camera fixes the corrupt file problem for me.

Back