i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

So nice mounting! I think you studied few possibilities made some measurements and chosen the best mounting position. Congratulation.
If you want, you can put in this thread these pictures or others from the future about your mount because is a good lesson for other people about how to mount a camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
For your reference, here is a quote from Wikipedia, and there is a reseach paper under the references:
"The speed class rating does not totally characterize card performance. Different cards of the same class may vary considerably while meeting class specifications. In addition, speed may vary markedly between writing a large amount of data to a single file (sequential access, as when a digital camera records large photographs or videos) and writing a large number of small files (a random-access use common in smartphones). One study found that, in this random-access use, some Class 2 cards achieved a write speed of 1.38Mb/sec, while all cards tested of Class 6 or greater (and some of lower Classes; lower Class does not necessarily mean better small-file performance), including those from major manufacturers, were over 100 times slower."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_Class_Rating

I have first hand experecne and comfirmed that the above statement is true.
I guess when the camera is recording front and rear videos, the memory has to record two files at different locations at the same time thus it becomes random-access use and slows down. When you compare the write speed , you have to look at the slowest write speed test result (the ramdom-access speed) instead of the highest speed result(sequential access speed). Just a note, I believe the memory card speed class rating is based on the sequential access speed. So a low cost class-10 card is good at sequential access but poor at random-access. of couse there are always exceptions. I notice that some new high performance cards (for example SanDisk extreme) outperform in sequential and ramdom-access use but they are expensive.

jokiin said:
y_one2002 said:
Adi said:
i formatted the SD card (Kingston 16G class 10) using the camera and will check if the problem happens again.
i see lots of people complaining about corrupted files, inverted back camera image, maybe this camera is not so reliable, if this will continue i guess ill have to go with a more priced reliable camera.

Class 10 card is faster than lower class for large files. However lower class card in general has faster writing speed for small files.
I understand the video file is large file, but the video file is being written to card in real time at its recording speed. So it's could be written in smaller section by section.

I would test the card using "CrystalDiskMark" software. Make sure the card is 0.5MB/s and above for all writing speed tests (large and small files).

I'm not sure if you're confusing disk size as it relates to read and write speed with hard drives where a larger drive will have slower times due to physical platter size, as an experiment I just used the CrystalDiskMark software you suggested and tested brand new 32gb Sandisk MicroSD cards, 1 x Class 4, 1 x Class 10, the read tests on the Class 4 was not too bad, the write test though the Class 10 was up to 4 times faster, write speed is the more important spec for for the cams

Mtz said:
y_one2002 said:
It’s easy to position on windshield without blocking driver’s view.
Can you post a picture about how it is mounted?

enjoy,
Mtz

I mounted mine up high next to the rear mirror on the driver size. Same location as your Itronics ITB-250HD. I did not copy you. I mounted mine before i saw your post (pictures). I prefer mounted on the driver size so that I have control of it and it does not block my view. Sorry I am lazy to post a picture.

I've received my F70N DVR today, but I'm still waiting for the SD card so cannot test fully. Initial thoughts are that cameras feel warm for 20min work, they feel cheap and plasticky, they're light too. Rear camera has LEDs on constantly, it has mirrored image. I have yet to confirm if everything else works as it should be as this "new" model claims to be different than the original F70. I hope the quality of the video will be somewhat better than what's been around on youtube for the previous model.

Here is the description with specs and features(where I bought from)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-New ... 28353.html

Edit 1: mine has green on black date/time stamp, rearview camera is useless - if there is a car or a person passing by the video shows the object twice - the actual object and a shadow behind, the object clarity moves between the shadow and the first position every second - pretty useless!!!
Video quality of the main camera is poor in daytime, I think it needs to be changed in the comparison page to poor in daytime.

Edit 2: Bitrate for 30 fps is 7028kbps, for 60 fps is 5061kbps. I don't think that it really does 60fps, but further investigation is needed to confirm any differences in quality. Night video is useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
newbie222 said:
Edit 1: mine has green on black date/time stamp, rearview camera is useless - if there is a car or a person passing by the video shows the object twice - the actual object and a shadow behind, the object clarity moves between the shadow and the first position every second - pretty useless!!!
Video quality of the main camera is poor in daytime, I think it needs to be changed in the comparison page to poor in daytime.
Maybe you got a bad copy? my rear cam is ok, I don't see shadow. Front cam is good in daytime too, but don't expect to see license plate number on this 720p cam nor the 1080p.
Mine is 30fps version instead of 60fps. same seller.
Maybe you can post a video on youtube.

Hi!

Can I use the F70 back cam to capture the inside of the car? Stick the rear cam next to the rear view mirror?
From the pictures it seems that you cam rotate the back cam to capture in the car.
Can you?

H-264-720P-Separate-Dual-Lens-Car-vehicle-Camera-Recorder-DVR-w-G-sensor-F70-for.jpg

2ypm61k.jpg

Yesterday i testet the Dual lens HD 720P Car Cam IR LED G sensor Video Camera DVR from a Ebay Dealer / Taiwan
in my Car. I pay US $105,90
F20 Chipset and green on black Date & Time stamp

First Problem :
The Rear Camera makes a mirror-inverted Image.I cant adjustment the mirror Image in the Menue.
This is absolutely Bull**** !It is completly Flip Horizontal inverted.The rear Cam is in 5-10 minutes realy very hot and "Electronic stinking ".
( 140°F ) or 60°C.

Second Problem:

After a Time between 5-10 minutes the DVR Shut Down and going off.
This is only when the rear Camera is conectet.

When i disconect the rear Camera , the DVR Works and he is not going shut down.

So, the rear Camera is completely unusable.
This is not ok.
Dealer will ask the factory whats wrong,that might be something wrong when they made.

I´m Waiting within the prescribed Ebay and Paypal time limit
Greetings Thomas

24nmq2x.jpg

35dckuc.jpg

I just got my DH720P camera yesterday. Can someone please tell me where "English Language" is located on the set up menu? I hit "reset" and got it back into Chinese, and now I can't find which setting will take me back to English. A picture of the setup screen options, or perhaps count how many clicks down in the menu (and how many clicks down to get to "English").

Thanks!!

cyclehead said:
I just got my DH720P camera yesterday. Can someone please tell me where "English Language" is located on the set up menu? I hit "reset" and got it back into Chinese, and now I can't find which setting will take me back to English. A picture of the setup screen options, or perhaps count how many clicks down in the menu (and how many clicks down to get to "English").

Thanks!!

without having seen it the language option is most often the first option in the settings or tools menu, that menu is often the second menu option, sometimes it will have some type of graphic to represent settings

cyclehead said:

Thanks!!
Hy
my Cam is
Menue 3 clicks
7 clicks down with Mic Button = Language menue

English is by my cam 2 clicks down

Greetings

dlw_sohle said:
Hi, my Cam is Menu 3 clicks; 7 clicks down with Mic Button = Language menu; English is 2 clicks down. Greetings

Thanks DLW!!! You are exactly correct.
I was googling the symbols for "language" and "English" to solve the problem. Very frustrating! You made my day!
When I finally got the the correct menu, the word "English" was written in English.

Now that I can read my menu (THANKS FOR THE HELP!), I can get on with my experience (so far) with this camera. Ordered from "futuretrend999" via ebay. Took about three weeks to get it. Model: HD 720P Dual Lens Dashboard Car vehicle Camera Video Recorder DVR CAM G-sensor Item# 160822490384. $59 USD shipped, albeit very slow delivery.

1. No sound - I've tried the mic on/mic off button, plus the menu sound settings. Nothing works. Suppose it's a firmware problem, or just a defective camera?
2. Terrible Battery life - The LEDs indicate charging (red light) and charged (no red light). But the battery life is exactly three minutes before it's fully discharged.
3. The auto-on/auto-off feature works fine - but only when you test it using the cigarette-lighter power source. (It acts differently when plugged into a charge in the house/). Problem: The auto shutdown timer settings are ignored. I set it on 3 minutes and again on 5 minutes. With either setting, the camera goes to auto-shutdown in about 30 seconds.
4. "Emergency save this file" function does not work. I pressed the button with triangle icon three times on a trip. None of the files were moved into the "locked" folder.

Suppose the seller in China will offer a full refund?
Anyone want to buy a nice dash-cam with no sound, and horrible battery life?

cyclehead said:
dlw_sohle said:
Hi, my Cam is Menu 3 clicks; 7 clicks down with Mic Button = Language menu; English is 2 clicks down. Greetings

Thanks DLW!!! You are exactly correct.
I was googling the symbols for "language" and "English" to solve the problem. Very frustrating! You made my day!
When I finally got the the correct menu, the word "English" was written in English.
No Problem my Friend.I have Yesterday the same problem and search and search...also in chinese Language mode the word English is in English.

Thomas

Edit

I think The auto shutdown timer means only the Display , not the komplettly DVR.
DVR auto-shutdown isn´t adjustable by my cam.

The parking mode doesn't work. I set it on parking mode, went away for 30 minutes. Came back to my car, walked in front of it. Jerked my car front and back a bit. The camera did not record anything...am I doing something wrong here?

impreza2013 said:
The parking mode doesn't work. I set it on parking mode, went away for 30 minutes. Came back to my car, walked in front of it. Jerked my car front and back a bit. The camera did not record anything...am I doing something wrong here?

is your camera permanently powered from the car?

cyclehead said:
... my experience (so far) with this camera. Ordered from "futuretrend999" via ebay.
I contacted the seller. They offered to send me another camera, but ONLY if I pay for the shipping to return it. That comes to $25 shipping cost to China...all for a $58 camera. Very frustrating. I filed a complaint with ebay asking for a full refund. I wonder what the seller would "offer" if the replacement was also bad? "Just send it on back again?" Lesson learned - stick with Amazon. At least they pay for return shipping of defective stuff.

cyclehead said:
... my experience (so far) with this camera.

Another update. I ordered a second camera from Amazon. It appears to be the same defective design as the last one. The sound recording feature does not work. The only distinguishing feature I can detect is the date/time stamp. Both defective cameras I got print the date/time stamp in green letters, on a black background box, in the upper left corner of the .mov file. I read that another version prints a date/time stamp in white-outlined letters.

For comparison purposes - the firmware for these two cameras showed as:
camera a) Ver_07 F20_20121217 from ebay
camera b) "Ver: 007 F20_212111" from Amazon

I actually like the camera style though, if I could just find one with functing sound recording.
Does anyone know how to identify (or where to purchase) an i1000 style camera with FUNCTIONING sound recording?

i have the i1000 and thought it was great, and now today just got the gs9000.... huge step forward in quality.... and the i1000 is now considered poor by me!!!

Hi there,

I just got two short questions to you F70 owners.

1) Is it possible to use the rear camera combined with the display as a "rear view parking camera"?
2) Does the F70 provide parking mode, which is activated by G-sensor, and save a specific time before and after the impact? I know that it has motion activated parking mode, but does it provice shock activated recording too?

Thanks in advance!
Regards

I think you can switch to rear cam view with the remote.

I'm still waiting for my f70g to arrive

Back