Innovv C1 vs Mobius wide & standard lens.

Ah, thanks for letting me know, and alerting the OP! And I agree wholeheartedly, he's got way better things to do on his birthday than this :p

You would think that haha. But I have a chee
Why is the Innovv footage so dark? It's almost unusable in my opinion. The difference between the quality of the Innovv and Mobius is so big! Maybe the manufacturer would like to post another footage? As it is, based on this video, why would anyone buy the Innovv over the Mobius?

Hi August Tan,
I have no idea why the Innovv is so dark. I literally used it immediately after receiving it.

@Mtz,
As a reseller I think it is completely right to show comparisons. I do not favor one camera over the other, I simply post footage. I do not edit footage or do any post processing to the footage so I believe the comparisons are absolutely fine to do and provide an insight and comparison to prospective buyers.

I believe there is a new FW version out for the Innovv so will upgrade my Innovv and do another comparison. I also chose harsh video footage as I believe that is where the differences between cameras can be seen best. In perfect lighting, used in a staged or nice setting is not going to show many differences. However, in harsher conditions the cameras chips and other things are really examined as they will provide different results. Therefore my comparison I believe is good in that it actually shows differences. As i have said, I have no preference in camera, I simply resell them.

Kind regards,

Mobius had some firmwares with problem for the white balance flickering in night conditions when recording was made under city lights. If you will post that type of video on your selling page you will not sell Mobius. The same thing with Innovv dark conditions.
Of course we must to upload only original videos without any enhancements and using standard settings. But my comparisons will show another story, different than yours, because using correct firmwares for both cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

As I just mentioned on other forum, you gave me a big surprise to see such quality of video.
Would you please send us the raw video before any editing?

And welcome more comparisons from you and some of other people.

Mobius had some firmwares with problem for the white balance flickering in night conditions when recording was made under city lights. If you will post that type of video on your selling page you will not sell Mobius. The same thing with Innovv dark conditions.
Of course we must to upload only original videos without any enhancements and using standard settings. But my comparisons will show another story, different than yours, because using correct firmwares for both cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

As I stated Mtz, mine were correct FWs of day of release (4th Dec). If you can prove otherwise please do until then please re-phrase what you are saying.

Kind regards,

I have no idea why the Innovv is so dark. I literally used it immediately after receiving it.
As I stated Mtz, mine were correct FWs of day of release (4th Dec). If you can prove otherwise please do until then please re-phrase what you are saying.

I see the format from your video is .FLV, and Innovv film format is .MOV indeed.
Would you please send us the untouched raw film for our review?
That helps!

I see the format from your video is .FLV, and Innovv film format is .MOV indeed.
That helps!

FLV is the flash format of YouTube. The RAW format is being uploaded now.

I would also like to state the following:

Attacking a reseller because you are not happy with the footage says a lot about the developer. I have merely recorded
That helps!

Here is the RAW footage. I have never been attacked like this for simply posting a comparison. What I did was simply used the camera I have received to do a comparison. If you are not happy that is fine but please stop attacking me.

Here is the original RAW footage from the comparison for the Innovv.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9g6gix5yd5cnvs/aMxXzDQT8f

Yes, you are right, but I didn't see any picture. When I will say my camera is melt I will offer some picture so people can trust my words
That helps!
In situations when just brightness is involved, there is not so much need for original videos. Original videos are necessary when video looks ugly because of encoding settings, macroblocks.
The video domain is not so easy to understand.

Now some screenshots regarding Mobius and Innovv.

Day:

Night:

Pictures are easy to compare: use ALT+TAB to compare pictures which are in different windows. This is the only valid comparison.
Also because of original size and time you have to compare pictures, you can better see details in pictures comparing when you have 2 videos on the same screen or worst, 3-4 videos on the same screen. More videos on a screen, less details to see.
I will offer also the videos, even original if somebody is asking. I hope who is asking for original videos knows how to make comparison and not waste his time because not trusting my comparison.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you are right, but I didn't see any picture. When I will say my camera is melt I will offer some picture so people can trust my words

In situations when just brightness is involved, there is not so much need for original videos. Original videos are necessary when video looks ugly because of encoding settings, macroblocks.
The video domain is not so easy to understand.

Now some screenshots regarding Mobius and Innovv.

Day:

Night:

Pictures are easy to compare: use ALT+TAB to compare pictures which are in different windows. This is the only valid comparison.
Also because of original size and time you have to compare you can better see details comparing when you have 2 videos on the same screen or worst, 3-4 videos on the same screen. More videos on a screen, less details to see.
I will offer also the videos, even original if somebody is asking. I hope who is asking for original videos knows how to make comparison and not waste his time because not trusting my comparison.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz,
I find you quite insulting. My video is perfectly valid and great way for people to make comparisons. What gives yours any right above mine? I find your demeanour, and posts offensive and overall pretty immature.

As I have stated my video is legitimate. I have uploaded the RAW camera footage. Yours is NOT the only way to compare something it is A way to compare something.

Also Mtz why are you so much better than everyone else? I would like to know why my comparison is bad and yours is better? You are the only forum user who has attacked me this way.

Yes, your video is perfect valid. Nothing fake, nothing distorted by you with some intention to protect or damage any image of any camera developer. You can read the next words only if you want to learn something.

You as a reseller must have more care than Average Joe. If Average Joe is posting some video it is not so important compared to you, because your posts have more impact as a reseller. For you is not a big problem because you are selling many cameras, but for one developer can be bad.
I am using my brain even before pressing the recording button, not only when uploading and publishing some result.

I have experience in both: video encoding and forums.
I am encoding videos for more than 10 years, hundreds of videos and you can see when I started in the video encoding world from my doom9 profile here.
I was moderating big forums for more than 8 years and almost 20000 forums posts. I know why and when users are using the forums.

This is the video avisynth script used for the next video. It is not something special for some users but I expect to not be accused in some way that I am not offering transparent encodings. O course the codec used is X264 at a quantizer value of 17.
Code:
clip1 = DirectShowSource("C:\Comparatii\12-08-13\1-Mobius-innovv-normalHDRa.avi").crop(0,240,0,0).changefps(30)
clip2 = DirectShowSource("C:\Comparatii\12-08-13\1-Innovv-Mobius-normalHDRa.avi",audio=false).trim(4,0).crop(0,240,0,0).changefps(30)
stackvertical(clip1,clip2)
#lanczosresize(1280,720)
assumefps(30)

Mtz,
I find you quite insulting. My video is perfectly valid and great way for people to make comparisons.
I would like to know why my comparison is bad and yours is better?
And now people can compare both videos, yours (a reseller) and mine (average Joe) which did a crop just to offer more details compared to your "3 poor thumbnails on a screen" which is not helping even your sales because showing poor cameras. But the best I saw in that video is "available at joovuu.com" (with caps for better reading). That was the most important message from that video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I have just reviewed the raw footage from joovuu, and it look okay to me, but the cameras could maybe have been aimed a Little more Down so to not have a 50/50 split between heaven and earth. ( i think this is recomended by most dashcam producers )
But in spite of that i dident notise any changes at the end where joovuu is in the shade for a while and allso drive thru a small tunnel, i did expect the cam to alter exposure with sutch a change in light.
From what you have just put up Mtz it looke like the C1 have better colors,and confirm me in that i was wise to hold out on bying a mobious ( tho i will proberly allso get one of those sooner or later )
Never the less, i am still exited for my C1 to arrive, and i do hope that happen tomorrow ;)

PS, when i put up a Little video comparing my lukas and my C1 used as a dashcam, i will have to do it with footage from 1 cam, and then the same footage from the other cam after that, i cant do a split in 2 video like you Mtz.
I might even just do 2 seperate videos with the same content, just so ppl can open the videos in 2 Windows and switch back and forth that way.
I am a huge fan of the K.I.S.S principle :D

Yes, your video is perfect valid. Nothing fake, nothing distorted by you with some intention to protect or damage any image of any camera developer. You can read the next words only if you want to learn something.

You as a reseller must have more care than Average Joe. If Average Joe is posting some video it is not so important compared to you, because your posts have more impact as a reseller. For you is not a big problem because you are selling many cameras, but for one developer can be bad.
I am using my brain even before pressing the recording button, not only when uploading and publishing some result.

I have experience in both: video encoding and forums.
I am encoding videos for more than 10 years, hundreds of videos and you can see when I started in the video encoding world from my doom9 profile here.
I was moderating big forums for more than 8 years and almost 20000 forums posts. I know why and when users are using the forums.

This is the video avisynth script used for the next video. It is not something special for some users but I expect to not be accused in some way that I am not offering transparent encodings. O course the codec used is X264 at a quantizer value of 17.
Code:
clip1 = DirectShowSource("C:\Comparatii\12-08-13\1-Mobius-innovv-normalHDRa.avi").crop(0,240,0,0).changefps(30)
clip2 = DirectShowSource("C:\Comparatii\12-08-13\1-Innovv-Mobius-normalHDRa.avi",audio=false).trim(4,0).crop(0,240,0,0).changefps(30)
stackvertical(clip1,clip2)
#lanczosresize(1280,720)
assumefps(30)

And now people can compare both videos, yours (a reseller) and mine (average Joe) which did a crop just to offer more details compared to your "3 poor thumbnails on a screen" which is not helping even your sales because showing poor cameras. But the best I saw in that video is "available at joovuu.com" (with caps for better reading). That was the most important message from that video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you for your feedback Mtz. Whilst we disagree with it whole heartedly, we will take your suggestions on board when doing our next comparison. Luckily, our business does not rely upon our comparison videos and the 'available at joovuu' (in capitals as you observantly pointed out' is only on there to stop people passing this off as their own work. We wish you all the best in the future and a happy holiday season.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

@JooVuu, calm down, this is simply a video comparison thread.

@Mtz, you say you are an average Joe but you are working for the Innovv team so you clearly have an agenda. For real average joe users like me this is incredibly annoying as now unfortunately the only reliable evidence I have to compare is the crappy quality JooVuu Youtube video and your biased 'review and information'.

JooVuu - Can you post all the original footage (RAW foootage) and if you can could you also post the comparison video but not upload it to YouTube? Does anyone who is also not a reseller or working for the Innovv team like Mtz, have any comparissons? Greatly appreciated though I did just buy a G1W I could do with a camera for my bike.

Thank you for any help and everyone needs to calm down.

G.

@JooVuu, calm down, this is simply a video comparison thread.

@Mtz, you say you are an average Joe but you are working for the Innovv team so you clearly have an agenda. For real average joe users like me this is incredibly annoying as now unfortunately the only reliable evidence I have to compare is the crappy quality JooVuu Youtube video and your biased 'review and information'.

JooVuu - Can you post all the original footage (RAW foootage) and if you can could you also post the comparison video but not upload it to YouTube? Does anyone who is also not a reseller or working for the Innovv team like Mtz, have any comparissons? Greatly appreciated though I did just buy a G1W I could do with a camera for my bike.

Thank you for any help and everyone needs to calm down.

G.

Hi George Deniston,
We are uploading the files now. Unfortunately the internet is struggling as is DropBox. But it should be done within a few hours.

Kind regards,

@Mtz, you say you are an average Joe but you are working for the Innovv team so you clearly have an agenda. .
I am in the Mobius team too. I know Mobius developer for more than 1 year ago compared to the Innovv developer. Many of my ideas explained during time to the Mobius developer are already implemented in the Mobius, but unfortunately not so many as I expected and the dashcam users are expecting too.
I wasn't hidding any idea of mine against one or other developer.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
As the developer, I should keep arguing with JooVuu's comparison,
But that does not make sense, let's stop here.

There are over 100 cameras on the way to people,
I believe more videos will be published.

Communication with people always help us to do even better. :)

Last edited:
I think the more videos and photos, the better. Shows how the camera performs in different settings and environments. Also there could be variation across the same model cameras.

Thanks JooVuu and Mtz for posting your videos and photos. I'm sure we will start seeing many more videos from a variety of users as they receive their cameras.

Back to topic:
+Innov C1 in this comparison is darker
+Mobius enhanced the mid tones what looks brighter but in that way it loses many details, look at the clouds
+The colors on the Innov look more realistic

Is the angle on the Innov standard lens wider than the Mobius wide angle lens?

Back to topic:

Agreed, trying so hard to discredit JooVuu over one video, may have been a worse representation for the C1 than one poor quality video. We know the first videos aren't always the best. We are waiting to see if the developer will continue to improve it long term, something Mobius has done very well.

What is the AOV of the Innov and is there any adjustability? Where I live reading license plates is important, we have a lot of hit and runs. I added a screenshot to express my point, the innovv seems very wide, making objects seem too far away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back