Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

The 8pin micro usb for the C3 doesn't follow that pinout.
on my cables pin 1 is ground, pin 8 is 5v power on the car cable, pin 2 is audio in.
I haven't checked what the other pins are for yet
my picture is opposite, right to left, of the one that you are probably referencing

I am thinking of buying the C3 as a dash cam.
It should be really stealth and useable as parking cam.

How good is the parking mode of the C3?
Did someone test this already?

Here's how to make the external mic work while to have power to the camera.

I have made extras if you just want to buy one just send me a message or email.
Nice Job

Would hope that eventually RockThinking copies. ;)

If not - once I've sorted out some other expenses - You may well get an email.

Nice Job

Would hope that eventually RockThinking copies. ;)

If not - once I've sorted out some other expenses - You may well get an email.
Thanks barbagris, I'll also take a Jamon Iberico leg in trade for cameras and cables :)

@willy510 can you maybe try the parking mode for me / us and write something about it?
I'd like to know how good this works as parking cam during daytime and nighttime.

I dont think Parking mode is stellar on any of the innovv cameras due to the hardware they are based on, but i think its safe to say info on this matter will be on this forum soon, just need some more ppl to get ther hands on these cool little cameras.

NT96650 +AR0330 at present stage is not 100% reliable for 24/7 parking mode even if being used with supercaps.

Could probably buy 4 C3's for that. ;)

Ok, :) As soon as it shows up on my door I'll express you 4 C3's with custom cables.;)
I'm not exactly sure how you'd get it past customs though:(

Willy. We need to see onbord footage from that shotgun mount, and load it up with some frag-12 ammo please. :D

Willy. We need to see onbord footage from that shotgun mount, and load it up with some frag-12 ammo please. :D

Funny you should mention that since I was just thinking that I will do that shortly after the camera arrives and I have an interesting way to mount it on a shotgun barrel.
One question I have about doing this however is that the report from a firearm like a shotgun is very loud. I am wondering if there is any issue with the need to protect the camera's microphone from sounds that are very loud?

O yeah, i fogot all about recoil, i know this a thing to take into account with scopes, and a camera must be some what simmilar to scopes.

Allso the frag-12 allso make noice when it lands, perhaps regular 00 will do fine ( allso i doubt frag 12 is for sale in the US, i just like them as they are so damm cool even compared to a slug )

The MIC on the innovvs will proberly be overloaded by the sound of a gun / rifle, so it might be a good idea to muzzle it some way so it got at least a chance to capture the report.

The MIC on the innovvs will proberly be overloaded by the sound of a gun / rifle, so it might be a good idea to muzzle it some way so it got at least a chance to capture the report.

might be too loud for it (thought everyone there used silencers anyway), shouldn't do any permanent damage though

Nope allso fogot that the MIC of the C3 can be in the back pocket if need be, just to make sure it capture a bang and not just a loud noise.

After reading this, I watched some videos using a gopro. Sure enough there was video of someone breaking his, using it attached to a shotgun. Looks as if broke the cmos. Maybe low caliber rounds would be best

Yeah at least one can allways start small and then ramp up ;) starting to think Willys M700 ( or what it is ) and the big 50 cal might be too hard to handle.

And anyways on those guns you cant even see the target unless he shoot at the Whashington monument or Pikes peak :D

I hadn't thought about recoil either beyond securing the lens module properly. Come to think of it I once completely destroyed a very expensive SureFire flashlight when it came flying off a shotgun mount at my home gun range. I was using 3 inch magnum buckshot rounds though. I think to test out the C3 I will try AA trap shooting ammo which has very low recoil. I just think it might be fun to do this but I don't feel the need to blow anything away. Actually, what might be fun is to get a friend of mine over here with his black powder muskets and pistols. They shoot huge clouds of smoke, flames, sparks, fire and smoke rings and that's part of the fun of it.

Here's a photo from a couple of years ago shooting a single action .45 caliber 1873 Colt Army black powder revolver.

bpowder.jpg

Last edited:
Aaa yes single action :-) man envy is a feeling that is hard to deal with :D

O yeah, i fogot all about recoil, i know this a thing to take into account with scopes, and a camera must be some what simmilar to scopes.
What normally gets damaged in scopes is wire reticles or internal mechanics associated with adjustment. The only POSSIBLE thing could be focus shift if the lens rotates on the internal thread - if there are any!. Most scope issues I've seen have been when locking mech's fail or loctite etc degrades in Spanish Summer sun. I'd certainly MOUNT it more solidly than a simple clip in mount though. Scope ring with 22mm filler ring on P1913 rail and it'll stay put

Back