Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

I saw a mount solution with Mobius, extended lens and extended Card. The total cost is for sure more than the C3.
But I like that idea even I know many people don't want to touch their cars even if is possible to buy a new sensor plastic cover.
8977_img-5303.jpg

Pictures.

enjoy,
Mtz

well I finally got my C3 discretely mounted in my fairing. I wired it through my ignition but I can't get it to start recording when power is switched on. It will start to record when manually switched on and auto power off. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and could assist please.
Also have issues with condensation inside the lens after I've been riding for a while.
On a positive note the video quality is excellent (when there's no condensation) and the internal mike was good enough to record my telephone conversation at 30 mph with the remote unit inside my jacket pocket.

Thanks

BS

Are you using the short or long usb cable that came with the kit? The short cable doesn't support the auto on and off feature.
Also check that the gsensor and motion detection is set to off or disable and the auto on is set to enable in your settings.

I haven't run into any condensation issues inside the lens but it will fog up when I'm riding through foggy conditions.

Hi Willy. I'm using the long cable and gsensor and motion detect are off. The only auto on I can see is the power on record but all that does is make it start recording when manually switched on.
Not sure if my condensation issue is a result of the typical english weather giving the camera a good wash while it was mounted on my mirror.

^ Would condensation inside the lens mean that perhaps the lens body isn't well sealed/damaged ?

^ Would condensation inside the lens mean that perhaps the lens body isn't well sealed/damaged ?
Yes - but it's just as likely to be condensation due to unit assembly in normal conditions as opposed to a dry purged environment. Seen this in other environments - other devices other types of equipment.

Motorcycles ridden in cool damp weather are major challenge - the wind chill can be extreme - often the coldest bits are glass (lens or lens cover) so any moisture sealed inside during assembly WILL condense on those surfaces.

Assembly in 100% dry nitrogen environments CAN help. It's common for rifle scopes and binoculars to be thus assembled for this very reason.

Another option could be a gore-tex breather patch - see this system used on vehicle lighting.

A shame if the C3 is fogging - makes it near unusable as an all weather M/C black box cam. My Roadhawk cams do not fog, The SJ1000 and Mobius (in waterproof cases) do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll reload the firmware tonight and check the bin file before I send it to the camera.

Good points re the condensation. If I can find a suitable glass dome type thing to put over the lens it may keep the wind chill down and also offer some protection from stone chips.
Does anyone know if the lens is removable? was thinking I might be able to put a small amount of silica gel in there.

Ok. So I've reloaded the FWC3 firmware, I've checked the config file umpteen times, I know it's taken it as the date, time and video name has changed and it still refuses to auto start. It also ignores the auto power off time and switches off after about 10 seconds once power is removed. Setting as follows just in case i'm missing the obvious.

datetime=2014:10:21 21:49:30
datestamp=on
videostamp=FAZER 8
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=30s
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=3min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=50
motiondetect=off
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off

I have just made a 20 minute long recording with the C3 i got today, i just used the charge cable to connect it to my USB power bank, so i had to start the recording by pressing the button.

But i did check before i left home that when using the dashcam wire the cam do start recording when i plug into the USB battery.

I allso updated the FW and changed the settings to have no info on the recording and disabeling the G sensor, and setting autopoweroff to zero.

It was a little buggy as i was assuming i had the battery model, but it is the capasitor model i have, and its allso a good idea to put a SD card in the thing before one get too exited :D

Have just pluggged into computer with dashcam wire to see if it stop recording or do other unwanted stuff.

PS, I do think the camera housing can be taken apart at the red O- ring, and i assume additional sealing at the end of the lens wont hurt, i have no idea if there is any form of seal there, but i will not try to take my C3 apart anytime soon.

My settings are.
datetime=2014:10:21 23:21:42
datestamp=off
videostamp=IT IS MY VIDEO
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=none
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=3min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=off
hz=50
motiondetect=off
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off

Last edited:
Thx Kamkar1. Now I am depressed. I started again from scratch. Formatted card, reloaded firmware, changed settings again including recording indicator off and it still won't auto start. Still switches off though regardless of setting. I seem to think it did when I first got it :mad:

a friend of mine is dysloxtic and frequently sends cards to Brain.

NP. Us Brians have to stick together.
Have you tried to reset it ? not that i think it will work, but since its just a press of a button it wont hurt.

The reset button is in the little hole above the SD slot.

Allso have you tried another SD card ? not that the innovv cameras is problematic with brands, i have trown just about everything at mine.

Last edited:
Tried the reset button yesterday. What I need is some kind person with a working camera to nip round to my house :D. It's gonna be tricky to send it back now Iv'e mounted it in my fairing and hidden all the wires.

It's a 32gb that came with the camera. I'll check the make tomorrow and post it. It's 23:50 here and the wife doesn't understand that gadgets are far more important than sleep.

Yes - but it's just as likely to be condensation due to unit assembly in normal conditions as opposed to a dry purged environment. Seen this in other environments - other devices other types of equipment.

Motorcycles ridden in cool damp weather are major challenge - the wind chill can be extreme - often the coldest bits are glass (lens or lens cover) so any moisture sealed inside during assembly WILL condense on those surfaces.

Assembly in 100% dry nitrogen environments CAN help. It's common for rifle scopes and binoculars to be thus assembled for this very reason.

Another option could be a gore-tex breather patch - see this system used on vehicle lighting.

A shame if the C3 is fogging - makes it near unusable as an all weather M/C black box cam. My Roadhawk cams do not fog, The SJ1000 and Mobius (in waterproof cases) do.
Would adding an extra glass in front of the lens be of any help? Someone helped me with my build by suggesting watch glass lenses (or the glass part of a watch).
I'm thinking something along the lines of a pinlock shield like you'd find on a motorcycle helmet. Or anti fog coating/soap/toothpaste but it'd be annoying to always have to reapply it.

It's a 32gb that came with the camera. I'll check the make tomorrow and post it. It's 23:50 here and the wife doesn't understand that gadgets are far more important than sleep.
Did you format the card in the camera by holding the camera and power buttons until the led flashes green?

Ok. So I've reloaded the FWC3 firmware, I've checked the config file umpteen times, I know it's taken it as the date, time and video name has changed and it still refuses to auto start. It also ignores the auto power off time and switches off after about 10 seconds once power is removed. Setting as follows just in case i'm missing the obvious.

datetime=2014:10:21 21:49:30
datestamp=on
videostamp=FAZER 8
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=30s
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=3min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=50
motiondetect=off
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off

The autopower off setting doesn't have any effect on changing the time that it delays the power off , it's always 10 seconds for some reason and there are a couple of other settings that need to be updated in the firmware. It's not just your camera o_O

Did you ever try to power the camera ,when the lens cable was attached, buy using the long usb cable plugged into a usb port in your computer?

Yep i allso just notised the 10 second shut down time, i was expecting it to be 0 seconds, but then again its all right as long as it shut down and it do that just fine :D

I realy like the 90 degree lens, things seem to be at the same distance as viewed with the eyes.
I will have to strap it on again tomorrow and go visit my friend.
Only gripe i have is the lens wire beeing too stiff to handle large head movements when using the headmount, but its only a problem if you move the head a lot, like looking left and right driving your car.

Back