Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

I,ve tried a power block, a car jump start pack with usb adapter in cigarette lighter socket, a pc, a usb hub, I have wire a cigarette lighter socket into the bike wiring harness and plugged the usb adapter into that.
As a last resort I have ordered another one with a 90 lens, should arrive tomorrow so I can swap bits around. Got to have one for each bike anyways.

Can you give us an idea when a capacitor model might appear? A capacitor and external battery for off-bike recording would be my choice.
As the limited force, we need the focus, battery version first.

If you need that capacitor and external battery version, we can make one for you in advance.

Just remind me for your need after battery version is released.

First at all, compliments for the device. I believe it is really what many people need!
I am interested in ordering a C3 to use as a discrete car dash cam. Due to hot climate, risk of overheating, and higher reliabilty for the intended use, I would prefer a capacitor version. However, this seems not to be available yet in the Innovv website.
Do you know approximtively when this should happen?

Cheers!

IF The capacitor version isent on The website it will be soon.

Well my second C3 arrived about 2 hours ago and it works perfectly. Loaded same config on both units and the old one still won't auto start. Looks like I will need to get a replacement. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

Have you tried the new cables on the Old C3 ?

Yes and it still won't auto record. I tried all combinations. In the end I just unplugged the power and HDMI cables and replaced with the new one. Tried to post some pic's but I keep getting an error.

What a great job, Brian, looks like it really belongs there.

The yamaha all seeing eye :)

interesting ... Is that a Yamaha fz8?
I was thinking of the same mounting location for the camera.
Do you have more pictures of the assembly.
Where have you placed the recorder.
Do you have an example of the video.

Sorry for the many questions ;)

That looks terrific but if you don't protect the lens from wind driven road grit and particles it won't last too long. It will get pitted in no time. Consider a DIY lens protector of some kind using a protective replaceable lens.

That's my current project. I cut a circle of 4mm perspex last night and glued it into a bottle top but I made it too small and it's like looking through a tube. I will try making a bigger one later.The problem is the 120 lens sticks out a bit so really it needs to be a curved protector that doesn't distort the image.

p.s. I did think of a torch lens but didn't want to destroy a perfectly good torch to get one, unless I can find a really cheap one at budget store.

Richard, I'll do a little 'how I did it' later if I can get my PC to upload some pictures. I've only managed to post one so far and even that gave me an upload error (even though it worked).

C3 install on my Fazer/FZ8. In the UK the FZ8 is the naked version.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A AUTO ELECTRICIAN AND THIS IS PURELY A GUIDE TO HOW I DID IT.

Remove the plastics that surround the instrument cluster

Fairing thingy's.jpg

Remove the instrument cluster. I used a ratchet spanner with a cross head bit to undo the 3 screws that hold it on.

Rachet spanner.jpg

The camera lens is held in by some double sided tape and a couple of cable ties. Cable ties were fiddly, I had to put them on loosely and slide them up the HDMI cable and into position, I then held the ties with a pair of pliers and poke a long screwdriver in to tighten them.:mad:

C3 Rear.jpg

The HDMI cable is fed under the petrol tank following the wiring loom. Use the shortest route possible as you will only have a couple of inches left by the time you get to the passenger seat.

HDMI Cable.jpg

I couldn't find a wiring diagram so I took the power from the rear tail light Blue wire. I took the earth from the Black wire because it was the neatest solution. Looking at the fuses Yamaha fitted a 10amp fuse marked Tail (Quick calculation 21watt + 5watt = 2.2amps?). The cigarette lighter socket was purchased from a local electronics shop and is just a 2 way extension on a cable which I dissected.

Power splice.jpg
Socket.jpg

To make it easier the cable was removed from the bike.

I chose to solder the cables and insulate with heat-shrink sleeving and brown tape since i've lost my black tape.

Tail light connector.jpg
Tail light wire.jpg
Power take off.jpg

C3 Setup.jpg

I'll see if I can find some videos that won't get me in trouble with the local authorities:D

I did mount the C3 on my .50 cal rifle on Saturday morning and the camera worked and survived just fine but the plastic mount that I used only lasted for 10 rounds which was way more than I thought it would.;)

Mcmillan action on that fiddy cal ?

Cheers Willy, been looking at flashlight lenses over here. Will try contacting a few and see what they have.
Oh and thanks for your help the other day.

Brain.....thanks for the how to
am curious how the video is

Back