Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

Mcmillan action on that fiddy cal ?
I don't have that kind of money :eek: but if you want one a friend is selling a brand new action from McMillan for around $2200 then all you'll need is a barrel and a stock and some glass , shouldn't be more than 7 to 10 thousand when its done and probably only take 1 to 3 years to build.
Mine is a Spider firearms Ferret 50

I don't have a youtube account. Can you post videos on here or do you have to do a link to something like dropbox?
The files are 350meg each.

You'll have to link to the files either on dropbox or something similar if you want to share the raw footage or post to youtube if you want it to stream on the forum, but the quality will be compressed a little.

looks good, nice video.
now something mounting before the lens to protect it.

is it the 90 or 120 degree angled lenses ?

It's the 120. I'm putting the 90 in the top box facing backwards. Just need to get a decent battery pack to run it.
I want to make it removable so I can use it on my R1100RS or in the car.

Regarding protecting the lens. I'm now thinking of extending the screen down a bit. Should make the water droplets less noticeable if they a further away. Maybe I can get a new touring screen without the cut out at the bottom.

Yeah you need to get some form on nano rain go away stuff on the surface exposed to the English weather.

Regarding protecting the lens. I'm now thinking of extending the screen down a bit. Should make the water droplets less noticeable if they a further away. Maybe I can get a new touring screen without the cut out at the bottom.
If you extend the screen down - use PLEXUS plastic polish on the screen ;) - I was put onto plexus by a friend in aviation. But it's NOT expensive. The problem now could be that there is actually not much airflow over the lens so the water collects rather than flow off.

Yes and it still won't auto record. I tried all combinations. In the end I just unplugged the power and HDMI cables and replaced with the new one. Tried to post some pic's but I keep getting an error.
Not sure if have your auto start problem solved yet. open a new thread.
I found C1/C2 needs the power specific cable to engage auto record when power is "on"
C3 will auto record regardless of "cpu cable" or the 3 meter "power cable"

Hi. Can anyone with experience of this camera tell me how good the motion detection is? Niko has been very kind to explain to me the limitations of motion detection/parking mode in lower end cameras, but I would still like to know how it fairs.....

1) Once the ignition is off, can you set the camera to automatically activate motion detection mode until the battery runs out?
2) Does it work purely off the G-sensor so that only when there is a noticeable bump it activates or can it activate by people walking by the camera? I've had my cars keyed down the sides quite a few times which really pisses me off
3) As an aside, does anyone know when the capacitor version will be released? If I buy the battery version now can I simply open it up and replace it with the capacitor like on the mobius?

TIA

To my knowlege cams based on the novatek chipsets have some shortcommings when it come to motion detect off the cmos chip as they dont support prebuffering, so when the camera wake up and start recording the thing that triggered the event might have passed out of view.

1. I dont think it can be done that way, if you have a battery version and use it as a dashcam i think the camera just shut down when the key is turned off, it dont have a fallback feature to battery aside form a couple of minutes delaytime on shutdown.
2. I dont think the innovv cameras support motion recording triggered by movement in front of the lens, but i am guessing here as i never tried it with my C1 or the new C3.
In the innovv config tool there is a motion detect on / off setting, but i assume thats in conjunction with the g-sensor.
3. Capasitor version should be just around the corner.

I can not recomend any one to take the Innovv cameras apart, i think the ppl who assemble them are magicians as the inside is pretty crammed up.

I tried motion once with C1..yes..it is a bit slow to react..I would just keep it running with a backup battery.

I tried motion once with C1..yes..it is a bit slow to react..I would just keep it running with a backup battery.
I may look into this option. I want to get 2 cams, front and rear - How many mAh battery pack do you think I'll need to get at least a few hours of recording time off of it and what amp output would I need per USB port on it?

I have a cigarette lighter right behind the central armrest between driver and passenger. I'm thinking that I have the battery pack permanently plugged in to that with both cams (with capacitors) plugged into the pack and then just hide it all in the cubby beneath the central armrest. Is that recommend or will it wear down the battery pack too quickly? I'm kinda looking for a simple set and forget setup and can't really be bothered to plug the cams into it every time I get out of the car

Also, what is the heat dissipation like on the C3. Would it be OK to leave it in the central cubby or glove box or should it have plenty of natural open air cooling?

If you extend the screen down - use PLEXUS plastic polish on the screen ;) - I was put onto plexus by a friend in aviation. But it's NOT expensive. The problem now could be that there is actually not much airflow over the lens so the water collects rather than flow off.

I'm trying to make a small extension to the screen which will still leave a small gap at the bottom for airflow. First attemp at bending perspect failed, second attemp looks more promising.

Not sure if have your auto start problem solved yet. open a new thread.
I found C1/C2 needs the power specific cable to engage auto record when power is "on"
C3 will auto record regardless of "cpu cable" or the 3 meter "power cable"

Hi cf7. Yes I still have the auto start problem. If I connect my new unit to my old cables then it records where as the old unit won't. I am sending my supplier an email to get the faulty one replaced.

I may look into this option. I want to get 2 cams, front and rear - How many mAh battery pack do you think I'll need to get at least a few hours of recording time off of it and what amp output would I need per USB port on it?

I have a cigarette lighter right behind the central armrest between driver and passenger. I'm thinking that I have the battery pack permanently plugged in to that with both cams (with capacitors) plugged into the pack and then just hide it all in the cubby beneath the central armrest. Is that recommend or will it wear down the battery pack too quickly? I'm kinda looking for a simple set and forget setup and can't really be bothered to plug the cams into it every time I get out of the car

For 2 cameras..you need minimum of 2 amp usb power or a 12v to 5v power module with a fuse and a over ride on/off switches.
if you want a forget setup...optional - add delay start module 5-10 seconds (3$)----- to avoid the double power on when key is in "Acc" to "start"
but you still need to check the sd card once a week tp ensure it is functioning...as Innovv has no video display

lipo will wear down ....especially the cheap one..

the heat from C3 body is less than C1/C2...because the cmos is now in bullet.

Last edited:
Hi cf7. Yes I still have the auto start problem. If I connect my new unit to my old cables then it records where as the old unit won't. I am sending my supplier an email to get the faulty one replaced.

So ..you are saying new replacement C3 unit works but first c3 did not..

what are your old cables? from C1?

Back