Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

i was all over these clips soon after they came up on YT.

I like that 90 deg lens, with a 4 camera setup in the future i would prefer a lens like that in the front, and maybe allso in the rear. the side cams is okay with the wide angle lenses.

The innovv lenses will hopefully be the benchmark for future dashcams with seperate cameras, nice and small with no fancy smancy colors and the like.

Actually they're a lot larger than needed due to waterproof requirements, for in car use you'll see much smaller models in the market before too long

Actually they're a lot larger than needed due to waterproof requirements, for in car use you'll see much smaller models in the market before too long
yea i would prefer smaller ones that aren't water proof since as a dash camera it is going to be inside unless you are on a motorcycle or bicycle which i see this obviously is also targeting. hope to see smaller cameras soon.

the one thing that bothers me tho about this set up is the fact that the plug ins are on opposite sides. i realize this is an evolution of the c1 and c2 but i would hope future models would have all the plugs on one side. i already know where i would want to mount a C3 (or two) in my car but the fact that the power cord and hdmi lens cable come out of opposite sides makes it cumbersome.

I would think for many installs the plugs on opposite ends would be preferable, putting them on the same end would also make the PCB layout more difficult and might mean it would need to be bigger, there's no perfect one size fits all solution unfortunately

hehe my sisterd dog now allso have me pinned for a madman, i could not help myself with the background music on those clips, so to amuse myself i chimed in with my mix of all oriental languages :D good fun, i am so happy i am capable of laughing at myself.

I allso do a pretty good angry samuai, but i have not done that one since i sold my house ( do not want to scare the ppl in the other Apartments )

Japanese like German are good languages for anger.

yea i would prefer smaller ones that aren't water proof since as a dash camera it is going to be inside unless you are on a motorcycle or bicycle which i see this obviously is also targeting. hope to see smaller cameras soon.

A lens with small case plug the ribbon cable are enough, that can make the lens to be small enough.

If now need interchangeable lens for wide & narrow angle view and the cable to be such long, also the lens case is waterproof,
the design will be far different.

Now the PCB is as small as possible inside the aluminum cases.

Last edited:
I would think for many installs the plugs on opposite ends would be preferable, putting them on the same end would also make the PCB layout more difficult and might mean it would need to be bigger, there's no perfect one size fits all solution unfortunately
I think it's better to have the plugs on opposite ends, bearing in mind that it is supposed to be primarily for motorcyle use. It can be fitted better that way.

Frank

I think it's better to have the plugs on opposite ends, bearing in mind that it is supposed to be primarily for motorcyle use. It can be fitted better that way.

Frank

Once get the C3 on hand, you can see how it would be.:)

Yes! I definitely prefer the 90%.
Thanks for posting these. Any chance of some motorcycle /helmet footage? that is where my interest lies in this camera.

Frank

Do not worry, but you need to be patient;)
The guys will post such photos on the motorcycles, but it takes time, like one or two weeks.

The camera and accessories listed in the packaging, that supports the C3 can be used as
Hiding dashcam,
Motorycle/bike camera,
Helmet camera,
Head wear camera, even
Gun camera.

1x Innovv C3 Camera
1x Innovv C3 Lens
1x lens mount
1x USB cable
1x AV cable
1x Dashcam cable(4m)
1x Camera bracket