Interference from dash cam

Ian Brown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a dashcam that doesn't give out loads of RF inteference? My mobius is impossible to use in my car with my Sat nav. The Sat nav is on a fixed mount and moving it is not an option. I've noticed that it's not CE marked although purchased from a UK supplier, Joovuu. When I questioned Joovuu they initially said its a known issue, then changed that to a rare problem when I asked why they don't inform buyers before purchase.

Anyway, recommendations anyone?

Panorama has excellent EMI coatings/shielding protection for both the entire inside shell and over the Zoran CPU.

The Mobius can knock out the GPS reception, if you need something in that form factor the Innovv does much better as the aluminium housing prevents EMI issues

The Mobius is CE certified, that's no assurance that it won't impact GPS performance though anyway

Yes a metal shell is better than just a coating. Innovv is much closer to the form factor size of the Möbius as well.

Is the möbius Ce marked? I've asked Joovuu that but they haven't answered my question.

Is the möbius Ce marked? I've asked Joovuu that but they haven't answered my question.

no idea if the stock they have is marked or not, I know some of the sellers have it with the logo printed, some don't, it does have CE regardless, printing the logo on isn't going to stop it interfering with your GPS

Obv
no idea if the stock they have is marked or not, I know some of the sellers have it with the logo printed, some don't, it does have CE regardless, printing the logo on isn't going to stop it interfering with your GPS

obviously, otherwise I'd write 'CE' on it lol.

I'd have hoped being CE approved it would have to meet rf/emi emission requirements?

Obv

obviously, otherwise I'd write 'CE' on it lol.

I'd have hoped being CE approved it would have to meet rf/emi emission requirements?

it can pass the test and still interfere with your GPS, it's certified, whether or not that was printed on the case doesn't change that, not all GPS are affected, some will quite happily work alongside a Mobius, it's not like there's a certified version that is different and you don't have it, they're all the same from a CE perspective

We
it can pass the test and still interfere with your GPS, it's certified, whether or not that was printed on the case doesn't change that, not all GPS are affected, some will quite happily work alongside a Mobius, it's not like there's a certified version that is different and you don't have it, they're all the same from a CE perspective

Well if they are CE marked then I don't understand why the supplier, Joovuu, haven't confirmed that even when I've asked them that question directly.

We

Well if they are CE marked then I don't understand why the supplier, Joovuu, haven't confirmed that even when I've asked them that question directly.

whether they are marked or not they still received certification so it won't change the outcome

whether they are marked or not they still received certification so it won't change the outcome

Understood, but why have they evaded answering my question if they have nothing to hide? Strange way to deal with customers.

Understood, but why have they evaded answering my question if they have nothing to hide? Strange way to deal with customers.

maybe they are double checking, I know they're certified so I don't need to check, maybe they want to be sure, I don't know, it is the weekend, maybe they are doing something else

maybe they are double checking, I know they're certified so I don't need to check, maybe they want to be sure, I don't know, it is the weekend, maybe they are doing something else

Nothing to do with the weekend, I've asked them more than once over the last couple of weeks. They've had plenty of time to 'double check'

Nothing to do with the weekend, I've asked them more than once over the last couple of weeks. They've had plenty of time to 'double check'

no idea, you can ask @Isoprop who works directly with the developers, hearing it from @JooVuu (or not) doesn't give a different outcome

you have one in hand that you say is not marked, not sure why you're asking them when you already have the device and can see that for yourself

no idea, you can ask @Isoprop who works directly with the developers, hearing it from @JooVuu (or not) doesn't give a different outcome

you have one in hand that you say is not marked, not sure why you're asking them when you already have the device and can see that for yourself

I've asked to confirm so I have my facts right before I take matters further. Anyway, this is going off topic as I asked which cams do not give off lots of rf interference.

@jokiin thanks for the tag, we always try and get customer complaints/concerns dealt with as soon as possible and to a satisfactory standard for the customer, however, this time we could not reach that with this customer and as such we gave him all the information to contact Trading Standards which all of our policies have been confirmed with them and Citizen's Advice Bureau. We always regret when it gets to this stage and would always like to get it sorted but sometimes it cannot. We believe we are well within the law.

And @Ian Brown as stated with virtually every electronic device there is always a small chance of interference.

However, we have repeated this and discussed this with you which you believed we could not answer or give you an answer sufficiently and in turn you want to escalate this which is your right to. However, we will now not comment on this further on this forum but feel free to contact us on our contact page.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

PS
We have asked 4 developers, 3 manufacturers (large ones who make multiple cameras) and including the Mobius team who all state there is a small chance of interference which is virtually unavoidable.

Maybe if joovuu had answered my simple question about CE marking it wouldn't get to this stage?

Try covering in aluminium foil and check if there is some improvement. If it is, then find some aluminium (or copper) foil tape, cut tiny stripes and try making a mesh with those (or you can cover the inside of the Mobius case; make sure the top and the bottom part make contact but also protect that metal with another plastic scotch to avoid any possible electric short). Use a black marker to change to colour of the foil tape (if outside) ..or other solution.

I don't have a Mobius but I always have my Garmin and it works well with my dashcam.

Last edited:
Try covering in aluminium foil and check if there is some improvement. If it is, then find some aluminium (or copper) foil tape, cut tiny stripes and try making a mesh with those (or you can cover the inside of the Mobius case; make sure the top and the bottom part make contact but also protect that metal with another plastic scotch to avoid any possible electric short). Use a black marker to change to colour of the foil tape (if outside) ..or other solution.

I don't have a Mobius but I always have my Garmin and it works well with my dashcam.
Replaced the mobius with a mini 0806, sat nav works perfectly now.

Back