Is A129 Duo still worth it 15 months after release with new 4K version out?

Yeah, I always go for Sandisk if I'm buying cards separately, in fact I bought a Sandisk A2 for my mini 0906 a few months back.

Do the same with the Viofo Camera. I've had zero issues with freezing. Whereas I tried a Sandisk Ultra and the camera froze constantly. Some cards are compatible while others are not. The A2 works flawlessly.

I bought a SanDisk ultra 128go A1 new generation :( !!!

@HonestReview, do you think I will have in few days / months a lot of troubles with it?
Should have return the sdcard now, I can still return it during 30 days.
Since I bought the camera (two weeks), everything works well for the moment.
The freeze of the dashcam, is it directly or almost
? Like some minutes after to use the camera with this sdcard or its like 3 months later?
Thanks

PS: it's off topic (my questions) but it could be interesting to know for others people, or at least for me :)

I bought a SanDisk ultra 128go A1 new generation :( !!!

@HonestReview, do you think I will have in few days / months a lot of troubles with it?
Should have return the sdcard now, I can still return it during 30 days.
Since I bought the camera (two weeks), everything works well for the moment.
The freeze of the dashcam, is it directly or almost
? Like some minutes after to use the camera with this sdcard or its like 3 months later?
Thanks

PS: it's off topic (my questions) but it could be interesting to know for others people, or at least for me :)

With the Sandisk Ultra Plus, the freezes were completely random., causing the camera to stop recording. You'd usually see this at least every couple days, if not more.

Personally, I would opt for a Sandisk A2 Extreme card. I've been running it for ~6 months in my car, and probably 4 or 5 in another vehicle. Neither vehicle has experienced an issue. But if you haven't had issue with the Ultra Card (which I think is on the supported list), the choice is yours. I believe it's just the Ultra Plus cards that had issue.

OK I see, but how to see if your camera doesn't record? Do You will have some beeps ? Because I'm using my car 2 times or 3 by day (between 5min and one hour), and honestly, I don't look the camera each time to see if the camera is recording or not... I just saw the 2 red buttons and that's all ')

Wait something wrong @HonestReview with your previous answer ^^

In you first talk you said:
"Whereas I tried a Sandisk Ultra and the camera froze constantly"

And in your second answer you talk about an other sdcard model! With your sentence:
"With the Sandisk Ultra Plus, the freezes were completely random."

"" Sandisk Ultra"" and "" Sandisk Ultra Plus"" are two different models! So what is exactly the model which have some troubles?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I read again for the 5th time your message and in your last sentence, you explained its just the ultra plus which doesn't work as expected. So, finally, you answered to my question even if your first message was ambigious for me :)

Last edited:
Wait something wrong @HonestReview with your previous answer ^^

In you first talk you said:
"Whereas I tried a Sandisk Ultra and the camera froze constantly"

And in your second answer you talk about an other sdcard model! With your sentence:
"With the Sandisk Ultra Plus, the freezes were completely random."

"" Sandisk Ultra"" and "" Sandisk Ultra Plus"" are two different models! So what is exactly the model which have some troubles?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I read again for the 5th time your message and in your last sentence, you explained its just the ultra plus which doesn't work as expected. So, finally, you answered to my question even if your first message was ambigious for me :)

Sorry, I checked the card and it was the Sandisk Ultra Plus that had the problem. I realized I omitted the Plus and corrected my previous response to you. That being said, the A2 Extreme is far more optimal of a card. Faster, reliable, and I'm using a 256GB version.

And when camera froze, I can't remember if red light was solid or not. It was kind of something I noticed when I hit the button to turn on the display and could tell nothing was being captured due to no movement in video.

ok thank you, I will check sometimes the display and see if something is in movement during the capture ;)

Back