Is the velcro tape strong enough to hold the mobius on a motorbike?

Allright I see. Thanks for those links you guys postet.

First I thought one little magnet (like a ndfeb n42 (20 x 10 x 1 mm)) is strong enough to hold the Mobius and maybe there is enough place inside the mobius casing for this little magnet :-D

There may be a body fastener (Bolt or screw) somewhere under that fairing in the general area you want to mount the Mobius. Do you have a Mobius already? Looked at the mounting sleeve thing?
You may be able to get creative and do some minor modification to the mount and whatever body fastener is under the front of the fairing. Maybe with a fender washer? I'd do something to isolate the vibration, maybe some rubber sheeting or something between the mount and body work.. thin rubber grommet?
I was going to suggest drilling one hole in the plastic, and using a nylon bolt in the correct 1/4x20 thread, but you'd have to do some reinforcing of the drilled area to avoid the plastic splitting.
(that's probably the route I'd go if I ever resurrect my late 90's garage queen GSF1200)
The big box hardware stores in the US have nylon bolts in the correct thread, in various lengths.

Not sure what model Kaw that is, but the windshield angle looks 'sport/standard' or Versys-ish.

You may be able to google the specific model and find out how somebody mounted other stuff to the fairing. Lights, toll transponders, etc.

Without beeing online in the last few days I tried several different things on my mobius:

First off: Two round extreme strong neodym magnets into the housing, but it was too big to close the Mobius:

After that I tried it with only one magnet. I could close the casing but it wasn't realy stable because the magnet was sideways and not in the middle.

Then I tried to put two very flat magnets (1mm) into the Mobius case but it was to big to close the housing:

Now I used five of those flat adhesive magnets to glue it on the backside of the mobius. On my motorbike are those two neodym magnets who are holding the Mobius. It works pretty well and I never thought so but the Mobius is also very stable.

Here is a litle update information about my magnet holding system:

The magnets were holding the mobius perfectly on my motorcycle for about six or eight month. I was using very strong magnets on the inside of a plastic part right under my front beamer.
It was just perfect I could take the mobius with me when the motorbike was standing arround somewhere.

But now it's not holding anymore. The magnets little slim magnets have lost almost their complete power. I don't realy know why, maybe it was because of the heat (from the sun) or from those vibrations you have all the time while riding on a motorcycle.

Anyway I'm switching to a helmet camera solution so I'm not using those magnets anymore.

Even though the helmet mounting solves vibration issues I still favour bike mounted, powered and configured to over write and to start on power up, just like a normal dash cam.

I use a windscreen sucker mount. It has come away a couple of times. Initially I used a zip tie as a safety leash but no longer bother but I do remove it every time I wash the bike and assure that it remounted securely. Downsides are that no part of the bike is in the frame and vibrations when I ride on dirt roads. I would also like to reduce the wind noise.
I have posted a few to Youtube including https://youtu.be/DZ8YXSP682g

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 4
9 Mobius 7
A Mobius 4
Back