It used to be cellphone and now it's due to dashcam...

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Many times, I remembered I forgot my cellphone at home after driving for few minutes and had to return home to get it even though I was already late for the meeting.
Now add one more thing.
I drove today with two dashcams only to remember that I took both cards out last evening after few miles.
C##p! :mad:
Thankfully, the cards didn't fly out when I put them in a hurry otherwise it'd add salt to the injury.

I drove today with two dashcams only to remember that I took both cards out last evening after few miles.
C##p! :mad:...
Did the same thing myself this morning. Fortunately it was less than a mile each way so I just made the trip 'naked' (as in no video).

This is why I use multiple cards and always rotate one in when I pull one out.

KuoH

this is why dashcams need to have audible errors for things like missing or corrupt SD cards. my wife's cf-100 will repeat over and over "Please insert SD card" if there isn't one... so unless you have teh sound turned off, there's little chance of driving anywhere without an SD card.

hehe i too have forgotten my SD card at home for the main camera ( front )
And 1 time with my lukas i did the same, or rather i dident, the lukas just ejected the SD card while parked over night, and since its a full size SD card it was easy to see on the floor in front of the driver seat.

Hmm...I've heard of premature ejection, but this is the first I've heard of random unintentional self ejections.

KuoH

...the lukas just ejected the SD card while parked over night, and since its a full size SD card it was easy to see on the floor in front of the driver seat.

Hmm...I've heard of premature ejection, but this is the first I've heard of random unintentional self ejections....

:D

This is very spooky because I drove to work this morning having forgotten to put the SD card back in the Mobius (which is a first) and only realised this when I arrived at work and noticed it wasn't working, luckily nothing exciting happened or that would really have ruined my day! I nipped back at mid-day for my lunch and picked up the SD card on the way out so all ended well.

Many times, I remembered I forgot my cellphone at home after driving for few minutes and had to return home to get it even though I was already late for the meeting.
Now add one more thing.
C##p! :mad:
Thankfully, the cards didn't fly out when I put them in a hurry otherwise it'd add salt to the injury.

Think like this: cup can be half empty and / or half full at same time. Other words: some time bad things happens for good !

I never had that problem because my card only goes from the camera to the USB reader and vice-versa. The card reader is a multi-format reader, black and measuring 75mm x 20mm x 15mm, thus very difficult to miss among the things I always carry with me when I leave the house.

https://www.worten.pt/inicio/fotogr...artoes/leitor-cartoes-kunft-usb-2-0-4in1.html

There was a time, though, when I had to "borrow" the 16GB Kingston from the phone to use in the camera because the car went to a Bosch Service shop and was meant to stay there for the whole day, but they solved the problem in a morning. I hadn't the card with me when I went to pick up the car so no "naked" trip back home. :)

Last edited:
My panorama2 makes several quick beeps at startup and it has reminded me many times that there is no mc, very useful feature, otherwise I would have been disappointed so many times.

I have a mini 0806, if I forget to put the card back then it just records on the other card, not a problem.

Use a card reader that is attached to your car keys. That way, your card is either in the camera, or attached to your keys.

Use a card reader that is attached to your car keys. That way, your card is either in the camera, or attached to your keys.
Works for one and I don't want to attach bunch of card readers to my car keys.
You have no idea how many dashcams I use sometimes. ;)

This is true. I have four in my car, so that practice no longer works for me either. In fact, I just assembled a 4-port USB 3.0 hub with four individual (permanent) microSD card readers. That way I can pull all four cards and watch/copy them simultaneously. Of course, the flip side is, I will now also forget to put all four of them back into the cameras for each trip.

Back