It's been a long week...

Maffew

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Three of the most memorable things, out of literally that many I couldn't keep track, I feel like everyone's forgot about how to drive this week?

1- Poor soul I believe a snapped axle seen as his other wheel was straight yet his left wheel was completely caved in? =[
2- She just walked out and didn't even look, it doesn't look bad on video but I did have to go into the learner's lane to avoid stupidity.
3- Making your own lane? What the hell?

1 Sad thing, 2 :she doesnt like her life or its an IronWomen? :) 3: Just an Ignorant-he can do this all day without blink of an eye-same in all countries as i see

#1: broken or disconnected tie rod end. can happen with lack of maintenance, or if a shop left it loose after performing a wheel alignment. lucky it happened at low speed. i saw someone's tie rod break loose at 40 mph once - he careened off the road and into a lightpole. ouch.

#3 Vehicles exiting the A13 Westbound at the Beckton roundabout are doing this with increasing regularity. Of four lanes to two right lanes can be used to access the A406 Northbound - third exit, to the right. More and more often vehicles are using lane 2 and occasionally lane 1 and speeding around to beat the cars in the appropriate lanes or remain in the second lane around the roundabout blocking cars in the correct lanes from moving across. In my view the general standard of driving in that part of East London is rapidly becoming atrocious :(

#1 - I had a friend whose tie rod broke a few years ago-- he'd gone to a nearby semi-remote mountain to go skiing, only to find out that they were shut down for the season. On his way back down the mountain, tie rod broke, and he skidded to a stop, thankfully not leaving the road. Damaged the tire and the fender. (he left the fender damage as it was-- the car was pretty old).

The worst part was that he (and his buddy) had to walk along the road for 3 hours before they got to the nearest town-- the road *only* went to/from the ski area, so there was no through-traffic, and everybody else knew the mountain was closed. Shoulder season also meant no camping/hiking, so there were really no people around.

Back