jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

dA_RoB said:
Hi!

Do You think this cam will be released soon?
I think that this is exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks!

Kind regards,
RoB

it's available already but I don't have a freight arrangement suitable for your country at this time

Nah, he first has to change it to an A7L-A, a supercool WDR sensor and a decent lightpath :)

voon said:
Nah, he first has to change it to an A7L-A, a supercool WDR sensor and a decent lightpath :)

I have that coming in a new model, engineering samples I'll have in around 6 weeks, how long before release depends how quickly we can get any firmware issues sorted (there's always something we can't account for) so I can't say how long until mass production at this stage but it's coming

jokiin said:
dA_RoB said:
Hi!

Thanks!

Kind regards,
RoB

it's available already but I don't have a freight arrangement suitable for your country at this time

so, no freight arrangement to Austria?
how about to Shanghai, China? :)

Do you also have some night video samples?

Is the software editable in any way if i want to change which data will be showed on the video?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
RoB

dA_RoB said:
jokiin said:
dA_RoB said:
Hi!

Thanks!

Kind regards,
RoB

so, no freight arrangement to Austria?
how about to Shanghai, China? :)

Do you also have some night video samples?

Is the software editable in any way if i want to change which data will be showed on the video?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
RoB

Shanghai wouldn't be a problem as I'm in Shenzhen now

night video is as good as it can be within the limitations of the A2 chipset, I don't have any samples prepared but could have a look through my files for some night video

everything shown on screen is selectable if you want it shown or not as well as a user editable field where you can add your own text, eg: license number, vehicle type, name etc

perfect. just what i was looking for.
i will try to find your videos.
I'm very impressed by the day video quality!

what would the price for this cam be? you can as well send me a pm!

Hey jokiin.
I've been meaning to mention this before i forget again. I'm not sure how the GS1000/Your folder system is set up, but i am guessing all Ambarella cameras are the same. On my DVR-027 the files are saved in a folder system as fallows. DVR>Month>Day (DVR is top folder,and then 04 a folder and then 10 a folder) and then the file name is something like DR130434 witch is the time that video starts. (DR H:M:S 24 hour clock) where as my GS8000 just has DCIM>Media> and then files are AMB001....002...003

The DVR-027 makes it a lot easier to go back and find files if i can not get to a computer within a few hours. Like yesterday i had something i wanted off my camera and was able to remember it happened around say 14:30. I was able to quickly check the files around that time frame and find the video i was looking for.

Just thought i would throw that out there and see what you think.
Thanks.

CheckYourLights said:
Hey jokiin.
I've been meaning to mention this before i forget again. I'm not sure how the GS1000/Your folder system is set up, but i am guessing all Ambarella cameras are the same. On my DVR-027 the files are saved in a folder system as fallows. DVR>Month>Day (DVR is top folder,and then 04 a folder and then 10 a folder) and then the file name is something like DR130434 witch is the time that video starts. (DR H:M:S 24 hour clock) where as my GS8000 just has DCIM>Media> and then files are AMB001....002...003

The DVR-027 makes it a lot easier to go back and find files if i can not get to a computer within a few hours. Like yesterday i had something i wanted off my camera and was able to remember it happened around say 14:30. I was able to quickly check the files around that time frame and find the video i was looking for.

Just thought i would throw that out there and see what you think.
Thanks.

our file naming convention is a little different but the folder setup is the same which I think is an Ambarella thing

jokiin said:
our file naming convention is a little different but the folder setup is the same which I think is an Ambarella thing

I had a feeling it was just how Ambarella was. It has been a small issue for me because i have been recording in 720P to keep my camera from overheating and the file sizes are maybe 150MB or so and on a 32GB card quite a few clips can pile up. so unless i check and clear it daily (witch i don't always do if nothing worth holding onto happens) It can get to where AMB0001 is from two days or so ago and AMB0159 is from today and when something does happen i want to look at earlier in the day i have to hop around a little blindly to find it

I guess if the filenames could be set with the starting datetime (for example, VID201304102035), it would help with his issue too.
If that's possible, that is.

You can sort the files on PC based on date.
You can use Registrator Viewer to watch the files and help you about the date.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
You can sort the files on PC based on date.
You can use Registrator Viewer to watch the files and help you about the date.

enjoy,
Mtz
On a computer, of course. Thought he wasn't talking about watching them on a computer.

CheckYourLights said:
jokiin said:

I had a feeling it was just how Ambarella was. It has been a small issue for me because i have been recording in 720P to keep my camera from overheating and the file sizes are maybe 150MB or so and on a 32GB card quite a few clips can pile up. so unless i check and clear it daily (witch i don't always do if nothing worth holding onto happens) It can get to where AMB0001 is from two days or so ago and AMB0159 is from today and when something does happen i want to look at earlier in the day i have to hop around a little blindly to find it

not sure, if I want to review something on the camera I'm looking at thumbnails, not that I do it regularly anyway but I find it quite easy to scroll through as you recognise from each file where it actually was on the journey

having to run in 720p mode to avoid overheating doesn't sound good though, I run at 1080p and 15MB/sec bitrate and never have issues with overheating even through the hottest of summer days

Mikk36 said:
I guess if the filenames could be set with the starting datetime (for example, VID201304102035), it would help with his issue too.
If that's possible, that is.

I have a customer that likes to archive his recordings daily and he actually scripted a small program to autmatically rename the files based on time and date, not something the camera does but was a worthwhile mod for someone that likes to keep all their footage

Jokiin, would it be able to fix an USB port so you can have a protable 2.5inc harddrive connected to the camera and record to that one too? So you can choose between a memorycard or the USB ?

Sweguy said:
Jokiin, would it be able to fix an USB port so you can have a protable 2.5inc harddrive connected to the camera and record to that one too? So you can choose between a memorycard or the USB ?

On this model not possible, hard drives are a lot harder to support than memory cards as there's a lot if different hardware combinations that are possible

New platform we have coming has dual memory support though which opens up some new opportunities for the future

jokiin said:
Sweguy said:

On this model not possible, hard drives are a lot harder to support than memory cards as there's a lot if different hardware combinations that are possible

New platform we have coming has dual memory support though which opens up some new opportunities for the future
Sounds promising.

Tommy said:
Jokiin, do you have a night sample ?

I had a look at the day one here: http://www.mediafire.com/?czc96j7tqkgangt

I don't have any online ready for download at the moment, the next 4 days I'll be crossing over into Hong Kong each day for trade shows so won't have time, sometime next week once things quieten down a bit I'll find some different samples of different times of day and night and some different weather to put up online

Last edited by a moderator:
Back