JooVuu X Camera

My main issue with the X is that I'm still stuck on an old firmware through fear of updating to something that no longer records flawlessly (which did happen once so I forced a downgrade and now it's fine). I've been waiting for a new firmware with no recording bugs but it seems every new firmware fixes one thing and breaks something else. So I keep waiting as I only have the 1 camera in my car and I need it to be reliable. As much as I'd like to, I can't afford to be messing around testing new firmwares for something to go wrong at the worst time.

There are other things I'm still waiting for... The power adapter is causing no end of grief to my car radio and we have been promised a fix, been given rough dates, those dates have been and gone now, still no fix! I was also told personally by Dan a forced 60FPS mode* was in the works which has probably been pushed aside too.

*So even in low light, every single frame would be unique and there are no duplicates.

Would I recommend the X to someone else? Only if they were as much of a tech geek as myself and were willing to do their own research as to what they are getting themselves into. As a minimum requirement to owning an X, if you can't understand the .elf unbricking procedure, that could be a problem.

That said though, the X is running reliably for me in my car, never crashes, always starts up when it should, no missing footage, timed mode works to my liking, the GPS works well (unless under 12MPH, then it just reads 0MPH), the Android app mostly works (using an older version to keep compatibility with my old firmware), it is doing what I paid the company for and the video, to my eyes at least, looks good. Audio ain't bad either, I've had Metallica blaring away on stupid volume levels and it records it crystal clear (unless the camera is cold, most of us know about the start up noises).

Yes the firmwares have been a little up and down, why this is the case i am not sure, others seem to be able to release okay beta firmwares thats still pretty stable and useful.
Maybe the people working on the X camera firmwares are not the cream of the crop ? hard to tell as i have no knowledge in that field myself.

I think Dan have learned a thing or twenty with the x camera.

Now come reviewing - testing - sending back feedback - uploading evaluation footage X 2

X2? Or X too?

My main issue with the X is that I'm still stuck on an old firmware through fear of updating to something that no longer records flawlessly (which did happen once so I forced a downgrade and now it's fine).

May I aske which one you're using?

the Android app mostly works (using an older version to keep compatibility with my old firmware)

Where to get the older app version?

Uploading to both youtube and file share, so 2 uploads of the same thing.

I think Dan have learned a thing or twenty with the x camera.

Maybe, but if so, I'd expect to be there something in it for us buyers that stayed loyal too.....

Like a stable camera?

Reactions: Kip
May I aske which one you're using?
16th August 2016

Where to get the older app version?
I turned off automatic updates for the JooVuu X app in my Google Play Store app settings. I don't know if the older ones are publicly available or not, but, I could upload the version I have (reported in app as 1.0.7) if you wanted? Since it's a genuine app from the Play Store I don't think it would require anything special to install, just the removal of your existing version and also disabling automatic updates as I have done.

Last edited:
16th August 2016

I turned off automatic updates for the JooVuu X app in my Google Play Store app settings. I don't know if the older ones are publicly available or not, but, I could upload the version I have (reported in app as 1.0.7) if you wanted? Since it's a genuine app from the Play Store I don't think it would require anything special to install, just the removal of your existing version and also disabling automatic updates as I have done.

I was just being curious, I'm not going into turning it all back to August, but I seem to remember that one was pretty stable, yes. Besides I'm using the higher data speed mods, so if something burns out I'm boned anyway... :D

But I have to say that it's really going pretty well until now....

I had to return my JooVoo X back in May or June. Thank-fully when I purchased it, Amazon offered an insurance for an extra $10 or $20 bux which I bought too, and put it to use to get my $$ back. My old one had a lot of stability problems, and sometimes it won't record. Like 1 out of 3 times.. and in the end it died somehow, and I couldn't get it to turn on.

I'd like to buy one again, but I am curious if there's a newer model, or better firmware for the new ones available?

I'd like to buy one again, but I am curious if there's a newer model, or better firmware for the new ones available?

I currently sell/support JooVuu X for North America customers. (Amazon, Direct, eBay) I have the latest batch produced.

No newer versions and firmware updates are slow to come. IMHO it hasn't gotten the attention it needed to meet all it's potential and may never get it. It does have good vids day and night and is the only viable competitor to the Mobius in this form-factor. Jon @OCDTronic will take great care of you if you buy from him ;)

Phil

Click the shop now button on my OCDtronic Facebook page. I'll private message you as well.

Back