JooVuu X Camera

Hi @Fyl
The weight the battery is about 70grams I believe.

The power consumption with GPS I just tested (I sent @Street Guardian USA an inaccurate number): is between 0.35-0.5A depending on a lot, it changes quite a bit so that's why I've given a range :)

Any more questions let me know.

Cheers,

Using it with the GPS cable is going to be tough as a drone. I’m not sure how you can mount it with the GPS and fly it. Let us know what you come up with.

Hello. I am new here and I am thinking about the joovuu x. I found two different websites www.joovuu.com and www.joovuu-x.com... are these different sellers? They offer different accessories... as well as the prices...my set up is around 85 pounds but one is incl. and second one is excl. VAT...

Do you know if the hardwire kit has the GPS on it as the power cable? Thank you.

Hello! I asked the same question to the owner who confirms both sites are his.
(I ordered 2 cameras myself last Friday.)

the prices are almost the same provided you pick the same accessories,
although I agree this is not very clear;

on joovuu.com you can pick the hardwire cable, but then it doesn't
mention if you lose the gps cable. (the price does not change..)

Also,I guess the mention of "excl vat" on jovuu-X is a mistake.

in the end I ordered on joovuu.com, cos with the free shipping code it ended up
being slightly cheaper.

I didn't get the hardwire cable, cos it doesn't seem to have gps, nor battery protection.
(I'll get a power magic pro for that)

I Sugest to go all the way to check-out on both sites and see which one show the best price for you.
Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered one from joovuu.com..so I hope everything will be OK...

Hello. I am new here and I am thinking about the joovuu x. I found two different websites www.joovuu.com and www.joovuu-x.com... are these different sellers? They offer different accessories... as well as the prices...my set up is around 85 pounds but one is incl. and second one is excl. VAT...

Do you know if the hardwire kit has the GPS on it as the power cable? Thank you.
I noticed that earlier too, two sites and prices are too confusing to me and result was not to buy.

..as I wrote, I hope everything will be OK (inspite of the websites) and I will be happy with my camera...
I understood the higher price on joovuu-x.com...it is because of the fee for the paypal payment which is already included in the price...on joovuu.com you can pay by card (it is cheaper) but if you want pay by paypal you have to pay extra (~8 euros)...also the tracking of the package doe not work (with joovuu.com)...there is some problem with the website...
I will post some updates when I have it...

If there's no battery in the camera (ie capacitor) I think you will need access to the BAT and ACC terminals to do this. This could be done if you tap into the fuse box but not via the lighter adapter.

The absence of motion for a particular amount of time (detected by the G sensor) could also be used to put the camera in the parking mode but the camera will have to be powered all the time.

I just received my 2 cameras which i'm gonna install as sidecams.

I'm gonna hardwire them on a Power magic in order to have parkmode,
however i'm confused by the motion detection feature;

If I switch the feature or will it sense when the car is in motion and
switch between normal mode and motion detection mode by itself?
(or will ALWAYS record in motion detection mode?)

I just received my 2 cameras which i'm gonna install as sidecams.

Install X-cams as side cams?
What are your main front/rear cams?

HI all!
I'm just waiting for my JX. It will replace the old mobius with B lens.

I have a custom magnet mount with magnet on mount and metal plate on dashcam (like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yia...th-3M-adhesive-For-Universal/32740709617.html).
How can I adapt JX for this type of mounts? Is there any custom 1/4" screw with large flat head or a steel plate that can be crewed by standard 1/4" screw?

For Mobius I use piece of metal between camera and external case. It's enough for the strong magnet.
JX has no external case, and I'm looking for solution.

i have folded up a little sheet metal and so spacing it out a little from the neodymium magnet
Thanks!
Is it really nessessary to space camera from the magnet?
Both of my Mobius never had problems with it.

I dont think so, i have a mobius where i have 2 smaller magnets directly glued to the housing and thats no problem..

I just did it that way with my x camera to space it out so its able to see out of my rear window, and also if it sit any higher in my car it might come off when i close the hatch.

mine Joovuu X arrived on Friday...from outside it looks really great and smaller than I expected...I am still testing the video...day is great but I am still looking for the best setup for the night...

.....still looking for the best setup for the night...

2.5k resolution (2560 x 1080p, 30fps), widest field of view (angle 155'), HDR off.

2.5k resolution (2560 x 1080p, 30fps), widest field of view (angle 155'), HDR off.

Euhm, there is only one resolution with HDR, 1080p/30fps. I'm sure you mean to set WDR off in the cinema resolution?

Nevertheless, I found just that setting the best one (1080p/30fps HDR), and as far as I understand it's specifically designed for night recording?

Thank you for hints...
I think that 2000rpm meant it without HDR and resolution 2560x1080....I made some videos with this set up and it look fine in the city but I wanted to have good video with no city lights (just dark road)...
so I am planning to play little bit with the exposure (add +2) and white balance (different modes set up through PC software) if it helps...I could not find this option (exposure and WB) in the mobile app...
Can the lower angle 120° change the video quality?

I will try the HDR with 1080p/30fps as well...I saw some videos and it looked OK...

I also expected that when I change the resolution and fps the video file size will change( increase/decrease)...but I have 3 minutes videos with different set up and all of them have around 410 MB...only the night ones have around 200-300 MB...

Longer exposure (and using HDR) will risk more motion blur and consequent loss of detail.

Shorter exposure will reduce motion blur at the expense of brightness.

Here's a screenshot (not from X-cam) showing 720p60 vs 1080p30 and the shorter exposure of the 60fps screenshot allows much better detail capture where there's a lot of movement and reasonable light conditions.

-

Om not so sure "plussing" the EV at night would make the image brighter, I've been testing that as well, but from 0 to +2 there's not much of a change at night, from 0 to -/-2 however makes it darker.

Boosting up exposure strange enough seems to only work in bright daylight conditions......

Back