K2S firmware formal release 2019.3.28

It say on camdii own home page.
Add K2S to cart / add K2S pro to cart.
K2S Sony exmor sensors / K2S pro Sony starvis sensors.

It could maybe also be other than IMX 291, maybe it is IMX 307

the current time delay of Gsensor Parking mode is 2 minutes, means if the Gsensor detect no vibration for 2 minutes the camera will enter Parking Guard mode.
I think we may have to change the 2 minutes delay to 10 minutes or at least 5 minute

This makes sense. It always happens to me when in traffic. I think an increase in the timer would be good.

K2S Sony exmor sensors / K2S pro Sony starvis sensors.
Yes, i see! Thanks! I have the usual version. Not "Pro".

Question to the developers. When is the updated firmware planned and will there be russian voice acting in this firmware?

Yes, i see! Thanks! I have the usual version. Not "Pro".
Question to the developers. When is the updated firmware planned and will there be russian voice acting in this firmware?

There is Russian voice in TrendVision verison K2S-PRO with the voice file they provided.
for camdii version K2S and K2S-PRO we only have english voice.

It look like you are powering the camera from the "Debug port", i use the USB C ports on the same side as cameras plug in to power the camera, maybe that's why yours are acting up

the debug port is the 5# USB-C port (marked EXT), use the USB D+ D- pin for UART.
so if you connect a data cable on 5# port to computers or chargers with device identification function, the recorder will be blocked by the un-correct UART input.

the used different lens for IMX323 camera and IMX291 camera:

11.jpg

Can the K2S Pro cameras be used on the original K2S Rayman? It could be a good upgrade for some people in the future.

At least not without a firmware change, but that i assume should also be it.

There is Russian voice in TrendVision verison K2S-PRO with the voice file they provided.
for camdii version K2S and K2S-PRO we only have english voice.
TrendVision verison K2S-PRO and Camdii K2S-PRO, will it be different versions?
It could be a good upgrade for some people in the future.
It will be good if these cameras can be bought separately.

Do you plan to release a CPL filter for the front camera? If the camera is placed high on the windshield, it collects too much glare. If it is placed lower, it becomes too noticeable
20191113_083825_00090A_Moment.jpg20191207_144312_00617A_Moment.jpg

Last edited:
That is the downside of these small camera units, i find it hard to imagine how a CPL filter could be put on them.

i find it hard to imagine how a CPL filter could be put on them
How to make a homemade CPL filter. Camera is not for K2S, but the order of action I think is understandable.

Take cheap 3D glasses with polarizing film)))
01.jpg

Add neodymium magnets
02.png

Determine the position of the CPL filter
03.jpg

Cut out the contour in the form of a drop (taking into account the position of the CPL filter)
04.jpg

Glue the magnet to the camera
05.jpg

Expose the magnets on the poles and glue the second magnet to the film
07.jpg06.jpg

But that's not all)))
08.jpg

Final touch. Paint over the shiny magnet, so as not to Shine in the sun!
09.jpg

Bingo!!!
10.jpg

the current time delay of Gsensor Parking mode is 2 minutes, means if the Gsensor detect no vibration for 2 minutes the camera will enter Parking Guard mode.
I think we may have to change the 2 minutes delay to 10 minutes or at least 5 minutes

@Rayman.Chan will this be included in the next firmware release please?

Can the K2S Pro cameras be used on the original K2S Rayman? It could be a good upgrade for some people in the future.

recorder body same but different firmware. the external cameras are different.
so it should be a easily upgrade.

for CPL:
we have made the design, but not decide to launch mold yet.
If you can make 3D print, we can share the STP file. cut a polarizer sheet to instead of the glass.
the view range of K2S-PRO camera is very wide, so we have to make the CPL farme much bigger.

CPL.jpg

recorder body same but different firmware. the external cameras are different.
so it should be a easily upgrade.
Thank you for the information. This is very good news!
same hardware but different logo. different firmware
It will be great if the camera for the PRO version can be purchased separately.
PRO version implies both new cameras or the rear camera can be old?
for CPL:
we have made the design, but not decide to launch mold yet.
If you can make 3D print, we can share the STP file. cut a polarizer sheet to instead of the glass.
the view range of K2S-PRO camera is very wide, so we have to make the CPL farme much bigger.
Yes, that would be great! I have a CPL filter from an old Trendvision model. I will modify your STEP-model for my glass and print it from ABS plastic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L K2S 13
Rayman.Chan K2S 0
Back