K2S firmware formal release 2019.3.28

Hi Kamkar1, liamstears also has his K2S from Combi and he has successfully performed the update.

Also, Combi sent me K2S 27-03-20-FW-COMBI-20200306.zip and I still cannot get it to update with this :-(

I have emailed Rayman.Chan but no reply :-(

Do you have the pro cameras by any chance and need the pro firmware?

Or have you tried installing with nothing but power cable plugged in? I have my power plugged into EXT port

Do you have the pro cameras by any chance and need the pro firmware?

Or have you tried installing with nothing but power cable plugged in? I have my power plugged into EXT port

Hi Liam, no, I don't have the pro. I have the standard one the same as you.

I have tried installing with everything disconnected except power. However, the power was plugged in to the DATA port. I will try using the EXT port and report back....

I was thinking the same a while back.

Have you tried to load the PRO firmware, just to see if that will take to the camera ?
I dont think trying to load a wrong firmware would brick the camera like it can with AMBA based cameras.

That's an interesting suggestion kamkar1, but I would be a bit nervous trying the incorrect firmware. :nailbiting:

I think its safe but let me tag in another oppinion @jokiin what do you think, wouldn't it be safe for him to try a "wrong" firmware now that the right one done seem to work.

It should be over in less than a minute, for the K2S i think the logo also flash vigourously while it go on, then it stop the unit reboot and start to record,,,,, just like any dashcam.

The one i got was in a ZIP file, i think its the same for OP

From #50 in this thread
"
Has anyone else had a problem loading the new firmware?

Download K2S-FW-20200306.zip
Unzip
Moved FIRMWARE.bin to root of SD card
Insert SD card into K2S
Power up

Unfortunately, the K2S just starts up as normal. No firmware update :(

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried several attempts, including formatting the SD card and trying again. "

Could it maybe be a issue if he put the .bin file in the root of the card but it still having other files on it too ? i always use a completely empty card for flashing.

make sure to right click and extract the zip file, then copy the bin file onto the memory card, if you double click a zip file it opens without extracting, if you copy from there it can break the file and it won't load

don't rename the file either, if known filename extensions is turned off and it just shows as FIRMWARE don't add .bin or you will have a file named FIRMWARE.bin.bin

Linux is case sensitive so if using Linux rename the file from FIRMWARE.bin to FIRMWARE.BIN

Maybe he is on MAC and hidden files trip up FW update.
To me it seem when FW updates don't work on NT cameras its most often due to using a wrong one, on the AMBA cameras it might run with a wrong FW but then just screw up everything.

It seem pretty strange, now as mentioned there are 2 ways of powering the K2S but i don't think it matter much in this regard, i have flashed the camera both using regular power in the EXT port, and now using the OBD adapter in the DATA port, and it have always been a normal experience.

Aaaa did not think of that, it could be a issue too.

also make sure the cameras are connected, (or the front one at minimum) as the camera may trip up in the boot process if they're not connected

I think both cameras are recording fine on his camera, so they must be connected and working fine.
But yes it might be a good idea to try with just one of the camera units at a time as front camera just to make sure.

I think both cameras are recording fine on his camera, so they must be connected and working fine.
But yes it might be a good idea to try with just one of the camera units at a time as front camera just to make sure.
not that I didn't think it was working, it was more in case he was unplugging everything and taking it in the house to update or whatever

Yeah im with u.
I also think he have mainly tried to update in the car with everything plugged in,

I am ATM wondering if the satellites have gotten the virus too, i can some times get across town before the DC and K2S get a connection, but it is random some days it get a lock before i am a few 100 M from home ( normal )
But on the bad days i can get 2-3 KM from home.

Yeah, it maybe that the lesser things on the road to aggravate me have made me focus on this, just noticed it with my 2 last YT uploads, that often have footage taken shortly after i leave home, and there are no speed in the footage yet.
It is no big problem for me, just something i have noticed lately.

Sorry I have not been back on to update you guys.

After trying absolutely everything to get my K2S to update, it has still failed to update. I have tried many combinations of power using different ports, number of cameras and gps connected/not connected, I even tried hardwiring the power kit to the same permanent live with the engine on and off to see if i made a difference.....no luck at all.

This morning I sent my K2S back to the supplier (Combi in the UK) so they can swap it out with another unit. Hopefully with a replacement unit I will have more luck...

So just to report back on this. I sent my old unit back and Combi confirmed there was nothing wrong with it and it upgraded on the first attempt they tried :rolleyes:

Anyway, great service, they swapped my unit and sent me out a brand new one anyway, with the latest firmware. I still have no clue what the problem was.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L K2S 13
Rayman.Chan K2S 0
Back