Killed two G1W cams with bike vibration, looking for something sturdier

Ok, I used the BulletHD cameras yesterday The sound on both cameras is pretty terrible, but that may be because of where I located the control units on the gastank. I'm not sure if that's where the microphone is, but I think it has to be given how much wind noise there is even though the lenses are covered up. The quality of the video is pretty good, noticeably brighter than a GoPro Hero 3 that another instructor was using.

Here is a sample clip from the front camera:

And the only bit I got from the rear:

I was going to suggest sticking on a tiny piece of fo-fur windcutter product over the external mic to reduce wind noise but it looks like they went out of business recently.

http://www.thewindcutter.com/shop/

I'm sure there is a suitable substitute on Amazon, eBay or elsewhere. I'm searching now. We might need to DIY a piece from Joannes fabrics or equivalent store.

Update: Jon (Pier28) was very helpful over email and diagnosed that it was a problem with an earlier version of the cable that connects the lens unit. He had actually already included the correct cable also in the box, but I didn't know there was a difference and had assembled with the old one. With the cable swapped out, both cameras appear to be working normally. I'll get to try them out this coming weekend at a different track.
You will find that this generally is normal on his part :)

Ok, I used the BulletHD cameras yesterday and got somewhat mixed results. The front camera worked fine all day, but the rear camera shut off in the middle of the first session and then didn't record for the rest of the day. I am hoping that it may be something as simple as the lens cable having come loose, but I haven't gotten the bike out of the hauler to check yet.

The sound on both cameras is pretty terrible, but that may be because of where I located the control units on the gastank. I'm not sure if that's where the microphone is, but I think it has to be given how much wind noise there is even though the lenses are covered up. The quality of the video is pretty good, noticeably brighter than a GoPro Hero 3 that another instructor was using.

Here is a sample clip from the front camera:

And the only bit I got from the rear:
I thought TWS was closed! Not that I could do anything even if it was open... My miata's still in pieces in the garage. and it's been over 10 years since i ran there anyway. but the 2.9 is a blast - my favorite turn is coming up the hill off the back straight. MSRH ain't too bad though. Haven't had the money to drive on COTA yet either.

@kamkar1 - Texas World Speedway is a pretty old track. they can't run on the high bank oval anymore due to foundation issues. and now that MORONS are building houses closer and closer to the track (knowing full well that the track is there), the morons are complaining about the noise and have apparently successfully lobbied to get the track shut down. grr...

Last edited:
Back