known bugs from beta tester

Hey @kamkar1 is your OBD module/dongle working? Mine just provides constant voltage, I have to manually turn K2S ON and OFF.

yes the OBD driver supply constant voltage to instead hardwire kit

yes the OBD driver supply constant voltage to instead hardwire kit
OK, I guess I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Do you have to use the supplied cigar adapter to power the K2S? Is the OBD driver only to supply data?

I am using both methods of power at the same time, which i also think you are supposed to do.
And yes OBD are working for me.
Or at least the numbers and gauges are, but i have only looked at that when parked so the speed say 0, but i am going to pickup my longer wires and i think i will install the OBD dongle again too, so will try to change to OBD mode and take a short glance at it while driving.

I am wondering the OBD INFO logged by the camera, how do one go about viewing that.
I was thinking what if a dashcam player was able to read the OBD file and overlay its information in the footage, and export it in that way, that could be cool, not least if there was other useful information in there like indicator use - brakes and so on.

Last edited:
I am using both methods of power at the same time, which i also think you are supposed to do.
And yes OBD are working for me.
Or at least the numbers and gauges are, but i have only looked at that when parked so the speed say 0, but i am going to pickup my longer wires and i think i will install the OBD dongle again too, so will try to change to OBD mode and take a short glance at it while driving.

I am wondering the OBD INFO logged by the camera, how do one go about viewing that.
I was thinking what if a dashcam player was able to read the OBD file and overlay its information in the footage, and export it in that way, that could be cool, not least if there was other useful information in there like indicator use - brakes and so on.
Rayman wrote:
3, :peeking: don't use OBD driver and other power supply at the same time, otherwize will damage OBD chip (although it not like to happen but there is potential problem), will update OBD driver hardware design.
So you should not use both at the same time...

The OBD cable gives you low voltage protection so is better than the accessory socket adaptor if you want to use it for parking...

OBD does not give indicators or brakes, unless you know the car specific protocols, however brakes can be obtained from the g-sensor.

hehe. yeah something was not right for sure,
I got my 3 M USB A - USB C wire today, but when it is plugged into the OBD and camera, and i power off the car there are some faint clicking sound from under the dashboard, so that's as far as i got today cuz that dident sound right so unplugged immediately..
But i did not have that clicking sound using the provided cable + my own USB A - USB C charge cable to also power the camera when i tried that on Friday.
Everything still work though at least as far as the camera and my car, no blown fuses or blue foul smelling smoke of death.

I will unplug the USB power and go with the OBD power alone a little later, forgot to withdraw a little cash and also go do a little shopping.

Last edited:
Ok, so let me get this straight.

1. ODB driver/dongle will provide constant voltage, manual ON/OFF on K2S is required.
2. Cigar adapter for normal (automatic ON/OFF) use
3. Parking guard/hardwire accessory (not supplied in beta kit) is for normal driving mode AND parking mode functions.

Is this right? Also I am assuming that the Mini 906 Parking guard/hardwire kit is compatible with K2S?

Ok, so let me get this straight.

1. ODB driver/dongle will provide constant voltage, manual ON/OFF on K2S is required.
2. Cigar adapter for normal (automatic ON/OFF) use
3. Parking guard/hardwire accessory (not supplied in beta kit) is for normal driving mode AND parking mode functions.

Is this right? Also I am assuming that the Mini 906 Parking guard/hardwire kit is compatible with K2S?
The last camera I used which had an ODB cable had both low voltage cut off and parking mode via the ODB cable.

I don't have a K2S, yet, but I think you should tell Rayman what you want it to do, not ask what it does, then he can get it modified to do what we want and make it a better camera...

So I would like the ODB cable to support parking mode with a setting for a parking mode timer to stop the parking mode after a set time, the minimum time could be 0, and I would like a 10 minutes option. I assume that it can detect when the car is parked, the ODB reader I currently have plugged into my ODB socket does go to sleep when the engine is off and wakes up when the engine starts, some of the ODB data is live even when the engine is off and the car is locked, eg battery voltage is always updated, so it can watch that to decide when to wake up.

The last camera I used which had an ODB cable had both low voltage cut off and parking mode via the ODB cable.

I don't have a K2S, yet, but I think you should tell Rayman what you want it to do, not ask what it does, then he can get it modified to do what we want and make it a better camera...

So I would like the ODB cable to support parking mode with a setting for a parking mode timer to stop the parking mode after a set time, the minimum time could be 0, and I would like a 10 minutes option. I assume that it can detect when the car is parked, the ODB reader I currently have plugged into my ODB socket does go to sleep when the engine is off and wakes up when the engine starts, some of the ODB data is live even when the engine is off and the car is locked, eg battery voltage is always updated, so it can watch that to decide when to wake up.
This is exactly what I expected when I plugged ODB dongle in. I thought it included parking guard functions.

Deleted / edited post.
I found on i did not have parking mode on earlier :oops::rolleyes:

BUT ! that did not make things much more happy here.
So first i turned to G sensor time lapse #1 item in parking guard menu
this seem to work fine, after a while the camera change to 720p and record time lapse.
I then changed to G sensor motion detection, and that seem to work fine, though it was also recorded in 720p as the camera did not change back to 1080p after i tried G sensor time lapse first.

Moving on to try ACC time lapse after changing to 1080p manual, this is where things turned ugly, first of all nothing happened in regard to change to 720 p resolution, and then the camera locked up stuck in a loop repeating the welcome MSG.
I was able to stop that by unplugging OBD and use regular power from my glove box.
I then turned camera off on the switch on the side, turned off my car, unplugged regular power and plugged in OBD power, and started my car and turned on camera on switch on the side, and then nothing ever happened again using OBD power so i think my OBD dongle are dead too.
Camera of course still work just fine on regular power, but several tries to get it to work with OBD power again was unsuccessful.

Do the camera have to go to 720p for some of the parking modes ?
G sensor motion detection and ACC motion detection seem to be okay with 1080p according to the manual but the time lapse need 720p to work

Last edited:
Good news on corrupt files issue: Replacing the USB-A -> USB-C cable seemed to help. I did a test drive today and all four partial files were closed correctly. Also when shutting down there is a voice prompt: [something], [something] See you! :) So if you don't hear that at shutdown your last file will be most likely corrupted and you should change the cable.

Last edited:
Yes on the shut down, i have always heard that but still last files are not playable.
When i shut down and look at the camera, it look as if it just sort of fizz out, the image on the lCD deteriorate into horizontal noise and then go out, and it do take a while so strange to me there are no time to finalize the last recording.

To get out of 720p mode due to parking mode, you have to first change to Normal recording mode before manual changing to 1080p will be remembered by the camera.
Changing to a parking mode that do support 1080p and then manual change to 1080p don't work it will remain 720p
In a parking mode that use 720p the camera don't change to 1080p for normal driving mode, it remain 720p.

Dont know why but today the OBD dongle worked for me again today, so i am using ACC motion detect parking mode now.

To get out of 720p mode due to parking mode, you have to first change to Normal recording mode before manual changing to 1080p will be remembered by the camera.
Changing to a parking mode that do support 1080p and then manual change to 1080p don't work it will remain 720p
In a parking mode that use 720p the camera don't change to 1080p for normal driving mode, it remain 720p.

Dont know why but today the OBD dongle worked for me again today, so i am using ACC motion detect parking mode now.
Since you are using the ODB are you controlling camera (ON/OFF) manually?

I have only used the switch on the camera when i have had the memory card out, and trying to recover from the boot loops.
This is the first time / night parking mode have been working for me, so if it have not shut down on its own within 3 hours or so, then around midnight i will go and retrieve the memory card, but i will power down the camera then by using the on/off button on the OBD dongle.

I have only used the switch on the camera when i have had the memory card out, and trying to recover from the boot loops.
This is the first time / night parking mode have been working for me, so if it have not shut down on its own within 3 hours or so, then around midnight i will go and retrieve the memory card, but i will power down the camera then by using the on/off button on the OBD dongle.
So your camera is plugged only to the OBD dongle? Does it turn ON and OFF with ignition?

yep as far as i can tell, you cant really see by the camera if it is in parking mode or switched to regular mode.
At least that's what i felt / saw yesterday trying parking mode with LCD screen always on, today i am using the 1 minute LCD timeout.

Having used camera today with ACC motion detect parking mode, it seem it is hard to make enough motion to trigger a event, only a man sized object walking right past camera at 1 M distance seem to trigger a event.
cars and trucks passing but on the nearby highway 8 - 10 M away don't seem to be able to trigger motion.
Car was parked like this for 2 hours, only recordings seem to be triggered by me ( # 1 putting fingers on windscreen in front of front camera / #2 me walking right past rear camera )
Front camera faced bushes so it cant have detected any motion there.

K2S nomotion.jpg

Motion detect event just end up among regular files, no way to tell if it is a event or not other than the size of the file.
It also seem like you can get the camera to say " recording starting" but the little red dot never become visible, i have seen this several times now when i have messed with the camera.

Today there don't seem to be any OBD information, the dongle power the camera just fine but the information seem gone now, the only time i have seen OBD info was on Saturday when i used both OBD and regular power at the same time.
ATM i am just using the OBD dongle for power as i am trying to work the parking modes,,,,,, which are frustrating.

Will be giving the time lapse parking modes a spin tomorrow 720p or not, i want to see what happen with those.

I hope rayman and the guys at the factory have a good holiday, it seem like we have a long way to go yet.

When using time lapse parking modes, after you have been stopped and set off again the camera record normal speed, for about 55 seconds then the following normal drive are also time lapse.
When you change to one of the motion detect modes the camera remain in 720 p mode both for parking and the regular driving, but it do not change to time lapse after 55 seconds of driving.
When you use motion detection as mentioned before, it is not sensitive enough.
It seem when having used a parking mode with 720p resolution, the only way to get back to 1080p are to change out of parking guard to normal mode, and then change manual to 1080p resolution. ( i have forgotten to see if the camera can change to 1080p automatic when you change from parking mode ( 720p ) to normal mode.

Parking along the curb passing cars can trigger a event but only when they are a few M from my car, i had a motion detect session end due to no movement, when actually a van was pulling onto the road in front of me, and a girl was walking towards my car on the sidewalk also pretty close.
notenoughmovenemt.jpg

When the girl got pretty close she did not trigger a event, that only happened with a black van passed by.
At least i think it was the van that triggered the recording.
girlnotrigger.jpg
vantrigger.jpg

Dont get me wrong i like the motion detect are not too sensitive as that's just a big problem in dashcams, but the K2S need to be a little more sensitive i think.
In parking mode i can put a corner of a piece of paper directly in front of the camera lens, and only when 1/4 of the image are blocked will a event be triggered, i can do just the tip of the same paper and move it back and forth at the bottom of the footage clearly visible on the screen and that will not trigger a event.

Last edited:
No
I would also prefer to use time lapse, but not now as it for some reason default camera to 720p, which to my knowledge are not necessary at all.
I am leaving parking guard for now until a new firmware make some changes, i have been over all the parking settings settings two times by now and think i have listed all the problems so far.

Back