Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

unexplainedforces said:
I have tried another firmwares and all worked very well. My latest FW instaled on is the GT300W201306081 so it's from the Shadow Recorder, not the LS300W. With FW posted by trctein my camera don't want to rebooting. It starts up with the old GT300W.

I have the the same version as you on the GT300W, updated it last week. Perhaps the new DOD firmware is designed not to work on a GT300W somehow?

yamal said:
So long story short: there's still no firmware available for the gt300w that has license plate branding and awb?

No yet but supposed to be here very soon.

yamal said:
So long story short: there's still no firmware available for the gt300w that has license plate branding and awb?

Update: I tried a new firmware file today and I now have AWB, plate stamp and image rotation. Version is 201306180-SC-2
Newer GT300W/LS300W's probably ship with a similar version, but for those of you with original GT300W's, it's a change for sure.
"Shadow" has now been replaced by "Seezeus" and the video text is now left justified (Different Font and Color)

Attachments

• GT300W 201306180-SC-2.png
    GT300W 201306180-SC-2.png
    534.2 KB · Views: 239
good news

hope comes soon to ls300w this update.

It might work on LS300W as well. Any one want to try? :twisted:
Now I have a GT300W Plus lol.

Where did you found the 201306180-SC-2 Firmware? Or how did you do that? I'm sure that it work also on LS300W. Please, i want to try :)

Gurkha9 said:
It might work on LS300W as well. Any one want to try? :twisted:
Now I have a GT300W Plus lol.

after they tell they done changes for dont work on different cams i get kinda back step.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeorgesNJR said:
after they tell they done changes for dont work on different cams i get kinda back step.

That may not be the case. It's only a file naming issue. If you rename the file it will work on LS300W. See the other thread on this. Firmware works on both GT300W and LS300W and provides LS300W Plus features.

Yes I think Seezeus is the real manufacturer of these cameras. Shadow is their house brand and they also make the DOD brand.

After comparing the new firmware FWA8S711 05/07/2013 with the datestamped version 18/04/2013 I noticed a few things have changed.

1. Video Files are now 4.185GB (36m 29s) in size vs 1.207GB (10min 1s)
  2. There appears an issue with not saving the whole recorded trip properly due to the filesize change, this evening I had a drive and apparently the new file was not created even though there was still 50% storage space left on the SD card
  3. the AWB feature does work and seems to adjust the image properly

Can someone confirm the problem regarding the "it cuts out after 36mins and does not create a new file"? (did check this with 1x 32GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD HC Class 10 from Foxoffer and 1x 32GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD HC Class 10 local verified Sandisk retailer)

I flashed back to the previous version, so far no real reason to upgrade for me.

that is the support of DOD :-(
new original firmware is not available, currently still officially 20130326.

Von: Kxxx Hxx [mailto:kxxx.hxx@dod-tec.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Juli 2013 04:31
An: 'Dirk Gardi'
Betreff: RE: Dear Dirk Gardi,thanks for your comment.We will assist you as soon as possible. ※DOD customer service team※

Dear Mr. Gardi,

Many thanks for your support to DOD products. Regarding the problem you met, we’re sorry that for now there is no official firmware file available in our site,
therefore we don’t know how to help you as we can’t guarantee a unknown firmware will work, also this is strongly recommend not to use any unknown origin firmware
for DOD product, as it will make the warranty invalid, thanks.

Kind regards,
DOD Tech Co.,Ltd.
No.36,Sec.2, Jungbei RD., Jungli City Taoyuan 320, Taiwan, R.O.C
TEL: +886-3-4681001 ext. 28 | FAX: +886-3-4586755
http://www.dod-tec.com

in reply to my own post, I forgot to mention that i have loop recording disabled.
After looking for a solution I found out that the DOD LS300W has this issue and you are forced to use the loop recording mode whilst the GT300W creates a new file at 1.24GB and continues till the storage card is filled.

Now I wonder what the GT300W users do by default, looprecording or not.

Back