Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

I wonder if this is the same version (1306180-SC-2) as FoxOffer claims will be out in a week or two?

Gurkha9 said:
I wonder if this is the same version (1306180-SC-2) as FoxOffer claims will be out in a week or two?

This is not the one.
No WB setting
No image flip
No license plate number

This works, but i don't know what is new in it.

Gave it a shot, update worked. Audio is still the same, have not tried it on the road yet and version number now says "GT300W 201306081"
Had to change language back to English upon reboot.

Attachments

• GT300W FW_.jpg
    GT300W FW_.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 2,534
I received a DOD LS300W from Shadow (E-PRANCE) - Amazon. This has a "plus" added to the model. Both the camera and the packaging show the plus designation. The FW version number is 201305100. This is my first day, so no history to report yet, but it seems to work fine. The same accessories and manual are included.

Attachments

• DOD LS300W + FW version.JPG
    DOD LS300W + FW version.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,469
Added a picture of the ID tag for reference.

Attachments

• DOD LS300W+ ID.JPG
    DOD LS300W+ ID.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 2,454
Crashnet2000! said:
Find the firmware download page here http://blog.tsingtec.com/downloads
GT300W firmware 20130618
This version has only English and Chinese language. After the firmware update the unit is reset to factory settings which include the Chinese language setting. But it is easy to change it to English.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOD LS300W Sound problems

Please comment if your LS300W or GT300W records sound clearly. Also comment if you get no or unusable sound. It would be helpful to know what was the typical performance. I noticed that most of the video clips have no sound.
I get nearly no sound. Just an occasional brief fractions of a word with 10-20 second gaps of no sound.The microphone icon is displayed on the monitor. I can toggle the icon to on or muted with the "mode" button. It seems that either the mic component is defective, or the recording process does not work on my unit. Anyone find a way to improve this?

(continued) please disregard. I started a new post and then discovered the problem was my copy of VLC was not playing the audio. Fixed now.

Re: DOD LS300W Sound problems

albertson said:
Please comment if your LS300W or GT300W records sound clearly. Also comment if you get no or unusable sound. It would be helpful to know what was the typical performance. I noticed that most of the video clips have no sound.
I get nearly no sound. Just an occasional brief fractions of a word with 10-20 second gaps of no sound.The microphone icon is displayed on the monitor. I can toggle the icon to on or muted with the "mode" button. It seems that either the mic component is defective, or the recording process does not work on my unit. Anyone find a way to improve this?

I thought the sound issues were a GT300W only thing, but I guess it extends to the LS300W and Plus models as well!
I think there is something with the microphone as my seller (FoxOffer) wants me to send it back for replacement.
I was hoping maybe a Firmware update would help so far nothing.

Did anyone else have issues with previous firmware not accepting SD cards. I think my firmware was 20130530 and now that I updated to the newest firmware (from this thread), my camera now accepts my Sandisk 32GB ultra micro class 10. Prior to the update, it would error out anywhere between 5 seconds and 2 minutes.

Also, when I had the previous FW version, I was using a kingston micro sd 8GB class 4 card with no issues. Once I updated the FW, my class 4 card showed screen flickering between actual video and a gray screen every 2 seconds. Now that I upgraded and can use my class 10 card, I have no screen flicker.

Just curious if anyone else experienced these issues, or if it was just me.

trctein said:
DOD LS300W 1306130-SC-2

3 questions to make it sure, is this the one FM that has
1. Licence plate
2. Inverted video
3 and does this work with GT300W
:?:

It seems to be fake.
I've tried this one yesterday.
Nothing happen.

(Sorry for my English, but you now.... i'm from Poland)

New here...

Quick question... I have LS300W Plus, is that safe to try that newest firmware since everybody claims that it same unit as LS300W?

Reason for update - I can't use Sandisk 32GB class 10 card I have and I've read that this can be fixed by applying latest firmware...

Thanks!

unexplainedforces said:
It seems to be fake.
I've tried this one yesterday.
Nothing happen.

(Sorry for my English, but you now.... i'm from Poland)

Thank you, not easy to know what real and whats not.

If nothing happened it does not mean it's fake. Maybe you already had the latest version of firmware?

vetaldj said:
New here...

Quick question... I have LS300W Plus, is that safe to try that newest firmware since everybody claims that it same unit as LS300W?

Reason for update - I can't use Sandisk 32GB class 10 card I have and I've read that this can be fixed by applying latest firmware...

Thanks!

Ok, to answer my post - I did it and it worked, it not shows plate stamps now and says that unit is LS300W, not Plus version... But, card works fine though :) Will try on the road later today.

They must have made a change to allow some class 10 cards to work properly.
As for the "Plus" features (AWB, Plate # and Image Flip), it must be in another version of firmware.
Win some, loose some in this case!

Gurkha9 said:
If nothing happened it does not mean it's fake. Maybe you already had the latest version of firmware?

I have tried another firmwares and all worked very well. My latest FW instaled on is the GT300W201306081 so it's from the Shadow Recorder, not the LS300W. With FW posted by trctein my camera don't want to rebooting. It starts up with the old GT300W.

Back