List of problems & issues with the RC500S

Country
Czech Republic
Are there any issues with this cam? I'm considering to buy it as the best video quality camera. Does it record reliable all the time? The parking mode is started and ended as it should be and the normal recording starts immediately when starting moving?

goz

Country
Australia
Are there any issues with this cam? I'm considering to buy it as the best video quality camera. Does it record reliable all the time? The parking mode is started and ended as it should be and the normal recording starts immediately when starting moving?
Rubbish, after paying that much money, mine has stopped recording fullstop, and wouldn’t you know it, just after it ran out of warranty

Country
Czech Republic
Rubbish, after paying that much money, mine has stopped recording fullstop, and wouldn’t you know it, just after it ran out of warranty
I finally ordered the A129. I was deciding between the F800 Pro and A129 and the A129 won because of better video quality.

ozguy

Country
Australia
Just get a Street Guardian. Just the fact that Jokiin above is even here on the forum answering questions about it... is enough for me to buy one. The DOD app is friggin terrible and the camera has its glitches every now and then. But the DOD video quality at night is pretty damn good. After owning the DOD and a Street Gaurdian...it is the street guardian for me. I just Downloaded the DOD app on my new phone and it basically wanted access to my whole phone, contacts, photos, mic etc.. I mean come on, why the hell does it need access to my contacts???
When when I go to switch off the App permissions..it tells me "This app was designed for an older version of android and denying permissions will cause the app to no longer function" ?????
WTF DOD... your app will not run on the latest version of android which has been out for months...ummmm...ok...Get a Street Guardian guys.

Last edited:

ozguy

Country
Australia
I finally ordered the A129. I was deciding between the F800 Pro and A129 and the A129 won because of better video quality.
Good camera but why not go with Street Guardian? just so we can all make educated decisions ..thanks :)

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
. I just Downloaded the DOD app on my new phone and it basically wanted access to my whole phone, contacts, photos, mic etc.. I mean come on, why the hell does it need access to my contacts???
I'd be inclined to think it doesn't need most of the stuff at all, not sure who they used to do the app but quite likely it's just lazy programming by the developer to just have it use full access to everything

ozguy

Country
Australia
I'd be inclined to think it doesn't need most of the stuff at all, not sure who they used to do the app but quite likely it's just lazy programming by the developer to just have it use full access to everything
I agree. Very poor form by DOD.

Country
Czech Republic
Good camera but why not go with Street Guardian? just so we can all make educated decisions ..thanks :)
Two issues with the Street Guardian:
  • The parking mode is only for 24 hours max
  • Lack of low bitrate parking mode

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DOD RC500S 19