List of problems & issues with the RC500S

Discussion in 'DOD RC500S' started by Nauhck, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ian Mills

Ian Mills New Member

Australia
    I am still having trouble viewing PIP using the latest Mac or Windows viewer ... however I have stumbled on a way to make it work on the Mac version.

There is a discrepancy between the file names and what the player expects to see for front and back - The filenames are now created sequentially like this (note underlined numbers) :

2017_1102_164939_008F.mp4
    2017_1102_164939_009R.mp4
    etc

For the player to work it needs to be in this format

2017_1102_164939_008F.mp4
    2017_1102_164939_008R.mp4

Is this being looked at?
    Thanks

2. DOD Tech Australia

DOD Tech Australia New Member Retailer

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Hi Ian,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We were not aware of this bug and are certainly pushing the software engineers to get it resolved. In doing that format you mentioned it does make the PIP work on the Mac player.

I believe the support team have already replied to your email enquiry as well.

Regards,

The DOD Australia Team

3. andrei m

andrei m New Member

Australia
    hey guys

i am yet another frustrated customer of the RC500s by the looks of it- hope someone (DOD or forum member can shed some light)

i got the dashcam professionally hardwired (Vicovation Power-Plus Hardwire Kit).

My software details are as follow:
    • DOD App version: 2.0.8.6 (latest IOS) installed on my iphone
    • prj_rc500s_1709062fw (Latest Firmware) installed

the scenario is this:

I am having trouble with my unit holding my desired settings once i am connected to the app:

i want the following settings to hold true:
    • Set time zone =+10 (Syd, melb etc)
    • Volume Setting= low
    • Traffic Camera warning =OFF
    • G Sensor = High sensitivity
    • Parking Surveillance = ON - (this is the main reason i wanted the dashcam to work whilst im parked) at the moment i am getting no coverage of this as the camera settings always defaults to OFF and as a result is useless to my needs
    The steps i follow are as follows:
    1. Turn my wifi on in my phone
    2. Press the Wifi button on the DOD hardware
    3. Ensure i have connectivity through the app
    4. Once connected i go to the cam settings and attempt to apply the settings above (time, volume,traffic camera warning, g sensor, parking surveillance)
    5. i then attempt to exit the app (not sure if there is a save button? or if i can simply get out?)
    Whilst i am currently driving i notice that the settings do hold true ( i know this because i no longer get the Traffic camera warnings at each light and the volume is lower); the issue is once i park the car and re-enter the car it seems like the settings reset. i notice this because the traffic camera warnings come on again and the volume is loud again.

I then proceed to recheck the settings (connect to the camera via the app etc) and they are back to the default.

I suspect its something that occurs once it enters Parking Surveillance mode?

Has anyone experienced this or might know why this is happening?

P.S my feedback on the app is as pretty much all other forum members are stating that the UI sucks.

I have a thinkware f770 installed on my other vehicle and the app UI/UX is miles ahead.

4. DOD Tech Australia

DOD Tech Australia New Member Retailer

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Hey Andrei,

We definitely understand where you're coming from, that's why we responded to your personal contact as soon as possible.

Seems like Chris from our tech team has given you some steps to follow which should hopefully resolve that issue. The issue is most likely caused by the .bin firmware file still being on the SD card, as it does not automatically delete itself after a firmware upgrade.

This causes the camera to read the firmware file over again when it boots up, essentially re-applying the firmware each time and going back to it's default settings.

The manufacturers are aware of this issue; hopefully some more light can be shed on a possible solution in the near future.

Regards,

The DOD Australia Team.

5. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    they can change the process to have the camera auto delete the file after updating, it's supported on this platform, they just need to do that in the next firmware release