LK-7950 WD WiFi iPhone6 not connecting

riscof

Reaction score
Country
United States
This seems like the most advanced forum for issues like this. Just hooked up the Lukas 7950 WD in my 2013 Ford Superduty truck and the WiFi connection will not stay connected.
- Firmware F07
- Using downloaded IOS APP from http://apk4ios.com/APK_Lukas-Eye-Dashcam-wifi-app_iOS.html
- iPhone connects intermittently for about 4secs at a time
- Cannot update firmware to F13 from iPhone because of connection issues

Really could use some help with getting the iPhone6 Plus connected. If I need to upgrade firmware, I downloaded files to SD card which all live in a folder, but how do you upgrade from SD card...

Any help is appreciated!
Rick

Just unzip the firmware files on the root folder SD card and plug the camera into power.
Make sure to turn the car on during the entire process.
I think it updates automatically, been a while since I updated.
You'll see LED's and voice alerts accordingly.

Thank you Sunny for the prompt response. I'll format the SD card and move all firmware files out of folder to root, then power on camera...
I'll let you know how it goes. I see you're in Denver, Im up here in Loveland.
R

I'll be waiting to see how it goes. Looks like you are ahead of me on the install. Thanks for posting.

From the Lukas site:

※How to update firmware.

1. Download the attached firmware file.

2. Back up important data then format the SD card through Lukas viewer.

(Those who use 64/128GB memory cards, format through Lukas viewer or dash cam device)

3. Copy and paste unzipped 3 download files(ffhd9193, qr9597p.bin and ubifs) into the SD card.

4. Start a car engine. (To prevent power cut-off while updating)

5. Connect power then turn on the dash cam.

6. LED on the left bottom of the dash cam blinks and update starts. (takes about 4 minutes)

7. The update is complete.

(Normal operation starts after formatting from the device. In case of ‘memory allocation 64KB on Windows 7’ excepted)

The firmware update from V7 to V13 went fine after:
- I used the 8gb micro SD that came with the LK-7950 and a 64gb Lexar micro SD
- one of the 64gb Lexar would not format on the LK-7950 or on mac - must be bad
- I also could not erase/repair/format the 64gb Lexar Micro SD on my Mac OSx 10.10 with exFAT or FAT32
- The LK-7950 formatted both SD cards automatically once I powered it up...Mac should be able to do this?
- I copied only the files after formating (not the folder) from firmware download to root of either SD card and update was automatic
- The LK-7950 now shows firmware Fd13 and WiFi connection on iPhone6 Plus is solid...YEA!

Test....
I placed the LK-7950 in ACC mode and backed out of garage, however the display and voice prompt went into PAR mode (park mode), But I was now driving, so must be an issue with GPS. After a few minutes of driving I turned the LK-7950 off and back on and it started recording in drive mode for front camera until it went back into PARK mode. The rear camera continued to record in drive mode, all the while LK-7950 display still showed PARK mode. Must still be an issue with brand/type of mini SD card. My LK-7950 has the OBD port but I'm not using/commenting it and I get ERR 4 on the display...

- working on SD read issues with Mac OSx
- working on the PARK mode issue
- working the ERR 4 issue
- getting a loan for other mini SD cards that work!
- not giving up!

Did not know I was buying a project here... not a turnkey install for sure. I also had to order extension image cable for the rear camera, guess vehicles are shorter in Korea.
R

...and I get ERR 4 on the display...

- working on SD read issues with Mac OSx
- working on the PARK mode issue
- working the ERR 4 issue
- getting a loan for other mini SD cards that work!
- not giving up!

Did not know I was buying a project here... not a turnkey install for sure. I also had to order extension image cable for the rear camera, guess vehicles are shorter in Korea.
R
mini SD won't work. ;)
Either full or microSD.

Check the tab to make sure it's on ACC.
Is it hardwired? If it is, what fuse did you wired it to?

Thank you, did not realize they made a micro & a mini SD card. I'll need to change up to use (1) full and (1) micro SD.
The tab was on ACC and I used the inline fuse that came wired to the LK, then wired it to an accessory wire under the dash that powers up when I turn the key on. The other wire goes directly to the battery.
R

I just upgraded to Fi13 using your directions. I got the firmware upgrade off of the Lukas site. Everything worked except I lost my settings for time, it went to Korean.

Making progress here and should start a new thread...
The firmware is updated to Fi13 and WiFi is working just fine now.
Both cameras work great along with the APP and desktop viewer on PC and Mac.

However, the Lk-7950 goes into 'PAR' mode after 30secs.
When I start my Ford truck (LK is on ACC mode) the LK-7950WD boots up with welcome message, then the display reads 'ERR4, then after 30sec goes into 'PAR' mode while I driving. Both cameras record because motion detection is active. ERR4 means that there is an issue with OBD communication and the manual suggests to check the OBD cable, however I'm not using the OBD module. The LK-7950 has a mini USB port for the OBD module, but again I'm not using it.

What should I try next?? different firmware??

Making progress here and should start a new thread...
The firmware is updated to Fi13 and WiFi is working just fine now.
Both cameras work great along with the APP and desktop viewer on PC and Mac.

However, the Lk-7950 goes into 'PAR' mode after 30secs.
When I start my Ford truck (LK is on ACC mode) the LK-7950WD boots up with welcome message, then the display reads 'ERR4, then after 30sec goes into 'PAR' mode while I driving. Both cameras record because motion detection is active. ERR4 means that there is an issue with OBD communication and the manual suggests to check the OBD cable, however I'm not using the OBD module. The LK-7950 has a mini USB port for the OBD module, but again I'm not using it.

What should I try next?? different firmware??

Hey Riscof, I have a feeling you updated your camera the the D-type firmware. You should re-flash your camera to the Fi13 B type LK7950WD_NORMAL_FIRMWARE_FI13.zip

Everything is working perfectly now. I had downloaded the wrong firmware which included the OBD functionality. Once I downloaded and flashed my camera with the correct firmware, everything is working perfectly now. Thank you to all for the response!! "please drive safely"
R

Everything is working perfectly now. I had downloaded the wrong firmware which included the OBD functionality. Once I downloaded and flashed my camera with the correct firmware, everything is working perfectly now. Thank you to all for the response!! "please drive safely"
R
Great!! This is now solved.

You would be surprised. This flashing the Dtype firmware by error, is more common then you would think.

Back