LOCK vs AVI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I notice that the file numbering on my (new) GS8000L (rear facing) camera varies between (for example) AVI10023 and LOCK00028. Both recorded on the same day, same trip. Is there any significance of this numbering? My older GS8000 front camera has just numbers for each file.

Could it be LOCKed file, read only?

Its a g-sensor activated "lock". Those files can not be overwritten. You may turn down a g-sensor sensitivity to lowest.

Thanks for that. By lowest I presume you mean the setting that will need the highest "shock" to activate? In which case, which is "lowest"? 1 or 10
As they are "locked" I presume the only way to get rid of them is to format?

As they are "locked" I presume the only way to get rid of them is to format?
There may be an option on the camera to 'unlock' the file (I don't have that camera so can't say for sure). The other way is to use your computer to remove the 'read only' attribute. In your case you may also have to rename the file to AVIxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks for the answers. I have set the G to 8 and all the recorded files so far have been AVI so hopefully it's sorted.
However, on the GS8000L. It works fine, records, picks up when I move but, when I stop in a line of traffic for example, for five seconds or so it stops recording. I would prefer it to continue to record unless I turn off the ignition. Which setting will accomplish this please? Not the easiest of menus to understand and the manual (I use the word loosely) is useless!

...when I stop in a line of traffic for example, for five seconds or so it stops recording...
It sounds like you may have 'motion detection' turned on which is telling the camera to only record when it detects movement within it's field of view. Turn off that option and it should record continuously. (Again, I don't own that specific camera so the options may be titled differently.)

Back