Longest running on internal battery/cap?

boilers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a list/matrix/database where someone has measured or taken the manufacturer's own reported capacities for RUN TIME on internal energy source? Be that battery/cell/cap...

What are the longest running cams where/when no external power is supplied?
and/or
What have YOU PERSONALLY used for like an in-line(but EXTERNAL TO CAM) battery pack that works?
Thanks!

What have YOU PERSONALLY used for like an in-line(but EXTERNAL TO CAM) battery pack that works?
Thanks!

Can't answer all your questions but I have used one of these with my phones and other USB powered devices. It should run a 5V USB powered cam for quite some time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00D41CYOW
It won't help at all if you have a 12/24V camera.

The most I've done is to use my Anker Astro E4 13000mAh to power Mobius overnight when my car was in a hotel car park. After around 10 hours use from fully charged, 3 of the 4 charge indicator LEDs on the Anker were lit, indicating it still held between 50% to 75% charge.

The optional 820mAh internal battery can power Mobius on a standalone basis for around 2 hours.

Last edited:
Has anyone, either of you, wired these in series? And/or can they be wired in series? To charge while the car is on, then supply/discharge power to the camera when the car has been turned off?
Anyone have/use a built-in car port that is NOT tied to key or in other words always provides power? I've had one car that had a lighter/port that was always on. Wonder if a small camera would be in/significant a drain on a large car battery.

Has anyone, either of you, wired these in series? And/or can they be wired in series? To charge while the car is on, then supply/discharge power to the camera when the car has been turned off?

The unit I linked to cannot do that. I personally don't know of any that can.

Anyone have/use a built-in car port that is NOT tied to key or in other words always provides power? I've had one car that had a lighter/port that was always on. Wonder if a small camera would be in/significant a drain on a large car battery.

There are other threads on this forum that talk about that issue. There are devices you can use that also protect against battery run-down.

ok.
any hints for failed searches?
If you're referring to battery run-down protection try searching on "Power Magic" - that should show a number of treads that will lead you to this and other devices.

Back