Looking for a 2x dashcams, UK - Rapidly Changing Exposure, ~£100 total

Wolfsbane2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm looking for 2 cameras, preferably small and discrete ( i don't need a screen), that can cope with some rapidly changing exposures and maintain decent visibility in the recordings

I've been using my phone with AutoBlackBox for a while, but it's currently crapping out when turning into bright sun in the morning, and then can't cope with the transition from this into a tunnel, so want something that can cope. Any ideas?

As most of the accident hotspots near me are caused by people not being able to cope with this ( everyone suddenly puts down their sun visors, so hands off the wheel and eyes off the road), i'm also looking for a rearview camera system that could catch someone hitting me due to the above.

I'm not interested in either camera having a screen, as long as I can tell that they are recording.

I'm looking at the mobius and the innov at the moment, are there any others i should be looking at?

Mounts will tape mounts for both, and thankfully my car has a power point in the boot so powering the rear camera should be easy, but is there an easy way to extend the "power on and recording" LED's for these units to the front of the car? Are the LEDs surface mount on the boards, so soldering an extension lead and new LEDs best?

Thanks!

I'm looking for 2 cameras, preferably small and discrete ( i don't need a screen) ... I'm looking at the mobius and the innov ... is there an easy way to extend the "power on and recording" LED's for these units to the front of the car?...

Mobius has an LED* at the rear that winks red when recording. This will be visible in your rear view mirror, so no need to extend to the front of the car.

* http://novotm.com/mobius-instructions.html

Back