Looking for a basic cam

With Mobius those are very adjustable, many cams in it's price range have far less versatility there. My G1Wc might do a little better video but lags in other areas. Sony is a better CMOS, but without a better chipset to take advantage of that some of it's performance is wasted. The G1W capacitor models seem to have a lot of QC issues so maybe not as good a choice as could be made- I won't recommend them now because of that. Otherwise all the recommended cam's discussed here are worth considering. Do avoid the cheaper stuff; these are about as low as you can go and still get a good cam worth having.

Phil

Now trying to decide between the mate go 380, street guardian 12ss and street guardian 655gs.

Too many options.

Now trying to decide between the mate go 380, street guardian 12ss and street guardian 655gs.

Too many options.

You can buy all three and see what best suits your needs. I am sure in your family ( incl. brothers, sisters, etc ) there are at least 3 cars and each of them also might need a dashcam, - good present for Halloween ;)

You can buy all three and see what best suits your needs. I am sure in your family ( incl. brothers, sisters, etc ) there are at least 3 cars and each of them also might need a dashcam, - good present for Halloween ;)
Would love to, but my wallet wouldn't be happy.

Mate go is out. Down to 2.

Street guardian 12ss and street guardian 655gs.

Yeah. If I'm going to spend money I don't have, might as well make it worth it.

Now that is the right attitude. Quality is always the best investment.

Which is a better chip. Novatek or Zoran?

Seems like that is a big difference between the two options I'm considering.

If both have a Sony CMOS sensor, go for the Novatek.

Whichever has the Sony CMOS is gonna have better quality, but the Novatek does colors slightly better and tends to give out sharper video.

Whichever has the Sony CMOS is gonna have better quality, but the Novatek does colors slightly better and tends to give out sharper video.
Ok. They both have a Sony CMOS.

Thank you for the information.

Back