Looking for best options on two cams (front/rear) for day/night in area with extreme weather changes

Mystic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings all.

I have been doing research on some cams for a while now and I've yet to come up with a definitive answer on my own as I've never had one before and have nothing to compare to with companies or overall reliability.

I recently got a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid and I'm wanting to outfit it with a front and rear camera (not necessarily a "set" that work together and link up. They don't even have to be the same brand if there is something that works better for one location than the other).

I live in Pennsylvania where we can have some extreme weather swings so that is one issue I face here. I was looking at and almost bought a BlackVue set till I saw that they have some major issues in places with extreme weather so that went out the window.

What I'm looking for in cameras are best overall quality of both day and night, high reliability, reputation and support by the manufacturer, good viewing angle,

Parking Mode would be a bonus but not necessarily a deal breaker.

I'm not as worried about size as long as it doesn't obstruct my view while driving. One thing I noticed with the Fusion is that the rear window is smaller and at a pretty hard angle so I'm not sure if a bulky camera would be an issue or not.

I'd like to stay under $400 for both cameras.

Thus far I've been looking at the Opia2 and A119 but they have an Operating Temp of 0˚C and -10˚C. Right now it's -8˚C in the middle of the day so that is a concern. I've been trying to gather information on the A119s but I'm not sure it has any different Operating Temps than the A119. I hear good things about Street Guardian but the popular SG9665GC seems to be falling behind a bit with the technology.

Thanks for the help. If I missed any information that would help narrow down this search, please let me know.

Back