Looking for professional reviewers to test A129 Plus eMMC version

Now it makes some sense.
It is a static film with no glue. I will finally try to install this system today. I just wish I wouldn't have to replace the rear camera wire from the Zenfox but it think that is not compatible with the a129 plus eMMC.
It allows you to reposition the mount without destroying the stickypad, at least until you get it dirty. Make sure the glass is grease free before use. For a permanent install I wouldn't use it, it will be a little visible and doesn't look great, but it works nicely for a temporary install.

Reactions: EGS
The electrostatic film will stick to smooth glass, and nowadays many (most?) frits are embedded in between the layers of glass so it will probably be smooth. Easy to feel if it's on the surface or not. According tio how your current cable is run you might save some or most of the work by taping the new cable to old and pulling it through as the old cable comes out. This often works with "over-the-headliner" runs.

Kind of a pain having to redo cabling but it's better than staying with an older type of cabling which limits performance potential.

Phil

I finally got the a129 plus eMMC installed this evening and everything went well. Will start doing testing tomorrow and see it's performance.

Is anyone testing this eMMC version already?

I have been reviewing some footage from today's driving and I have noticed some occasional stuttering in some of the recordings. Initially I thought it was my computer but after playing the same clip over and over I have noticed it stutters at the same spot. I played that portion frame by frame and I have noticed some duplicate frames here and there.

question.
is there a chance it is a slow SD card or is it firmware related?

Tomorrow I will remove the SD card, let it record on the embedded memory and review that footage to see if the issue persist as well as trying another card. I'm currently using a Samsung Evo Select.

@ viofo. Here are some results from today.

I did remove the SD card allowing the camera to record on the internal memory (eMMC) and the camera is still presenting the same issues as it did when it recorded on the external storage (SD card).

The stutter issue seems to be happening while recording on 2560x1440P 60fps but it goes away when the rear camera is disconnected from the main unit and is more noticeable at the beginning of each recording segment.

A frame by frame can be played on YouTube where you can see many duplicated frames.

At the moment, my settings are as follows:

Resolution - 2560x1440P 60fps
Bitrate- High
Loop recording - 2 minutes
WDR - off
EV - Front +0.0, - Rear +0.0
Parking mode - off
Parking mode timer - off
G sensor - Middle sensitivity

Firmware - V1.0 Build 20200929

did you update your camera successfully?
I did the update and the front camera is now on V1.1 Build: 20201125 but the Rear is V1.0_20201112 . The camera did the "Send Fw to Tx..." then after a minute it went to "Tx Start Update FW..." as stated in the instructions followed by a reboot when it finished. According to VIOFO'S instructions the rear unit should be in V1.1 as well.
I did perform a factory reset and reloaded the firmware again with same results. What I'm I doing wrong?

Я не смотрел на свою прошивку, я посмотрю ее вечером . Попробуйте другую карту памяти

I did the update and the front camera is now on V1.1 Build: 20201125 but the Rear is V1.0_20201112 . The camera did the "Send Fw to Tx..." then after a minute it went to "Tx Start Update FW..." as stated in the instructions followed by a reboot when it finished. According to VIOFO'S instructions the rear unit should be in V1.1 as well.

Hi, I can confirm while the version remains 1.0, the date changes the same as yours. Installing mine now.

Hi, I can confirm while the version remains 1.0, the date changes the same as yours. Installing mine now.
Ok, so it accepted the firmware files but maybe they just missed renaming it v1.1 . Hopefully @viofo can confirm we are up-to-date

Could anyone with the emmc verson kindly comment on H.264 vs .265

I keep having to set H.265 everytime I start the car. On Nov firmware 1.1 front and 1.0 updated back.
Thanks

Could anyone with the emmc verson kindly comment on H.264 vs .265

I keep having to set H.265 everytime I start the car. On Nov firmware 1.1 front and 1.0 updated back.
Thanks
I haven't tried the H.265 format on this unit yet but I will try it to see if I get same results as you do and let you know.

Also I would like to see if you get footage stuttering or frame duplicates while recording at resolution 2560x1440P @ 60fps

Would you ming sharing a recording here with that particular resolution setting for review?

@sn809,

Well, it looks like you indeed detected a bug with the H.265 format setting and I can confirm that it does get disabled after a reboot.

I will upload a short video tonight of the test I did, comparing the behavior between the A129 Pro and the A129 Plus eMMC version. I think the bug goes in to the wifi mode also in the A129 Plus which you will see in that video soon.

Here I have compared both, the A129 Plus eMMC version and the A129 Pro enabling the H.265 on both. Notice that the A129 Plus eMMC drops off the H.265 encoding setting while the Pro holds it properly after a power cycling.

On this one I have noticed that the H.265 encoding setting gets enabled at the same time wifi is turned ON on the A129 Plus. It goes away when wifi is turned Off.

The A129 Pro does not do that when I do the same procedure.

I haven't tried the H.265 format on this unit yet but I will try it to see if I get same results as you do and let you know.

Also I would like to see if you get footage stuttering or frame duplicates while recording at resolution 2560x1440P @ 60fps

Would you ming sharing a recording here with that particular resolution setting for review?
I am on a break and don't have access to a pc so I can't test footage stutteringmyself but I will try and upload a video if i can as plenty of opportunities. Any specific bit rate, also h.265 or h.264, also WDR on or off
@viofo could you guys please look into this.

I am on a break and don't have access to a pc so I can't test footage stutteringmyself but I will try and upload a video if i can as plenty of opportunities. Any specific bit rate, also h.265 or h.264, also WDR on or off
@viofo could you guys please look into this.
I use Maximum bitrate, H.264, WDR off, 2 min loop recording.

Ok, I got 2 files. One almost standing still the other driving through the city. Both day time files. But files are too large. What is the best way to attach them

Edit: Can confirm the H.265 turns on with wifi

Ok, I got 2 files. One almost standing still the other driving through the city. Both day time files. But files are too large. What is the best way to attach them

Edit: Can confirm the H.265 turns on with wifi
How long in duration each?
I usually upload them to YouTube with out any kind of post production software and then post the link once it is finished uploading to YouTube.

How long in duration each?
I usually upload them to YouTube with out any kind of post production software and then post the link once it is finished uploading to YouTube.
About 2 mins each as u wanted. I can upload to youtube by Tuesday morning Oz time.

Back