Looking to get new camera, need suggestion.

Genki

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a G1W (estore009 version) and it's a few years old with a new battery. It should last a year or so but I am wondering how much longer it would last. And right now I have only the front cam. I have looked and I see a couple idea:

move that G1W to the back and get 0806 for the front. Or get Blacksys CF-100.

The pro of separate camera is no need to split the video for YT or something. Con is camera's clock may go out of sync. My G1W clock is a little fast and gains a minute per week so I have to readjust it now and then. Also I don't know if it's firmware issue but it does not overwrite older files that was not recorded in the same session. ie if I shut the camera off then back on, any video file recorded before will not be overwritten, only new files since it was turned on. So I need to manually wipe the memory card.

Dual channel cam can keep clock in sync so I can have 2 video but I would need software to properly split it for Youtube or something. Plus if there's GPS data, I'd need to use specific software and I don't know how easy the GPS data can be preserved when the video is split. Or is there a dual cam that records front and rear video separately?

Any other idea or suggestions?

Budget, oh around $100. GPS is optional. Discrete is a plus in case of hostile driver. Built in LCD not needed either, I usually have laptop with me (with VLC player) so I can play back anytime such as accident reviewing. Night time driving quality not important as I rarely drive at night anyway. Would like to use existing micro SD (and SD adapter if needed). USA seller like Amazon or estore009 on eBay. Oh yeah parking lot mode would be nice but not needed if it'd get expensive with wiring for power off mode.

Thanks!!

When i stitch footage from 2 or more of the cameras in my car i just use references in the footage, there is no way i can keep all those single cameras synced up on time.

Its not that bad, for the most i am able to find the right files from the cameras looking at the time/date stamp on the individual video files, but its not accurate to the second due to clock setting and allso startup time on the cameras.

For me its harder to keep my windows in the car clean :D

Back