LS650W

Ehehe, here it's an usual practice when the parking area is empty. For now the camera position is under the front mirror. Still studying other solutions.

Ehehe, here it's an usual practice when the parking area is empty. For now the camera position is under the front mirror. Still studying other solutions.

I thought it was a usual practice anywhere to do that

nothing compared to driving in China though, having someone coming at you the wrong way on freeway off ramps etc because they took a wrong turn or whatever is the order of the day here

Reactions: Mtz
Increasing of bit-rate will not make better night vision, just reduces noise. Also will put more stress to CPU. Overheating issue will lead to other problems, so 12Mbps is golden middle in NT96650 + AR0330 lower price range dash cameras. For better night vision need higher category cmos ( like sony exmor or ar0331 etc ). Even larger aperture not always can play major role at night vision as I did tests in my other thread. Its combination of all major factors together ( hardware / parts + firmware ) gives higher performance.
Lack of hdmi cable and cheaper plastic is justified by lower unit price ( you pay less - you get less ).
I agree with you on fish-eye lens can get scratched, but otherwise FOV would be narrower.
If taking into consideration all pros and cons + price, then ls650w is well worth buying if formfactor is ok for you or any other buyer.

Increasing of bit-rate will not make better night vision, just reduces noise.
Lack of hdmi cable and cheaper plastic is justified by lower unit price ( you pay less - you get less ).
If taking into consideration all pros and cons + price, then ls650w is well worth buying if formfactor is ok for you or any other buyer.

The noise of the sensor is a constant, it not depend on bitrate, but the rate of compression makes videos a little bit "washy". If more bits were allocated, probably the videos would look crisper. The compression only introduces artifacts, not noise.

Even my fake K2000 had HDMI cable, total price 20-30$, so no excuses for the vendor.
Concerning the cheapo look, I consider to paint it entirely using a mat black paint spray.

As you said, it's a capable camera and I believe that it's deserve a place between best buy cameras in the Dashcam "hall of fame".

Last edited:
The noise of the sensor is a constant, it not depend on bitrate, but the rate of compression makes videos a little bit "washy". If more bits were allocated, probably the videos would look crisper. The compression only introduces artifacts, not noise.

Even my fake K2000 had HDMI cable, total price 20-30$, so no excuses for the vendor.
Concerning the cheapo look, I consider to paint it entirely using a mat black paint spray.

As you said, it's a capable camera and I believe that it's deserve a place between best buy cameras in the Dashcam "hall of fame".

For many people large form-factor is a drawback but its up to individual taste. Other than that I also think its a great dash cam ( price per value ).
If you going to spray paint, dont use standard spray-pait. By the time it comes off. I tested once. Even rubbed whole dashcsm surface with fine grade sandpaper but over some short period it started coming off. Only maybe to use a primer but this would be too much work.
Best recommendation is PlastiDip black matte rubber spray paint.

Last edited:
Yes, I usualy use Plastic Primer for workflows in plastic and the paint doesn't peel.

Yes. Thats also a solution of using a primer as I mentioned, but too much work for some people, not for you I guess ;)

;) Indeed, I liked to finish a lot of my things (they didn't make them as long ago) and most likely this camera will be the next.

Daylight test:

And the first "shot" with an imbecil:

Not so difficult to "catch" them, because they are so many, in my country.

Last edited:
nothing compared to driving in China though, having someone coming at you the wrong way on freeway off ramps etc because they took a wrong turn or whatever is the order of the day here

Yes, but you, the Chinese, are so many... use to be a joke here: if the Chinese are tromping in unison, we will have a big earthquake. :) I hope you don't mind, just joking.

Here the real problem is that the law isn't applied and there are many who trespass it.

Last edited:
Yes, but you, the Chinese, are so many... use to be a joke here: if the Chinese are tromping in unison, we will have a big earthquake. :) I hope you don't mind, just joking.

don't mind at all, I'm not Chinese ;)

Is there a way to drop/extract the firmware of the camera?

don't think so

In this case, I respectfully ask Foxoffer to provide the official firmware, on this thread, in case of problems occurance to our car DVR, LS650W.

If some problem you'd be looking for an update rather than the existing version so the factory would likely see no need to provide the current version

On the other hand, it's possible that the factory don't provide updates, but it's possible that we have problems with dashcams, like the user who started this thread and, sincerely, I wouldn't want to send back the camera, on my expenses, because the manufacturers or vendors don't provide the due warranty. On that thread the user received a refund, but the camera broke down after only several days. This is the happy event, when the user is member of this forum, too. I'm sure that the situation would have been different, if the malfunction occured after several months or to another buyer, from outside.
So, I believe that the manufacturers and vendors could be nice, communicative and helpful and to respond more quickly to customer requests, not only at the sale time... what do you think? In that case, and knowing that Foxoffer ALREADY HAS the firmware file (they installed it on the broken camera above-mentioned), would be great if they would post that file here. I don't see any problem in that.
I understand so much your problems, as manufacturers or vendors, but try to understand ours, too.

Last edited:
On the other hand, it's possible that the factory don't provide updates, but it's possible that we have problems with dashcams, like the user who started this thread and, sincerely, I wouldn't want to send back the camera, on my expenses, because the manufacturers or vendors don't provide the due warranty. On that thread the user received a refund, but the camera broke down after only several days. This is the happy event, when the user is member of this forum, too. I'm sure that the situation would have been different, if the malfunction occured after several months or to another buyer, from outside.
So, I believe that the manufacturers and vendors could be nice, communicative and helpful and to respond more quickly to customer requests, not only at the sale time... what do you think? In that case, and knowing that Foxoffer ALREADY HAS the firmware file (they installed it on the broken camera above-mentioned), would be great if they would post that file here. I don't see any problem in that.
I understand so much your problems, as manufacturers or vendors, but try to understand ours, too.

in the thread the camera that had stopped working was returned with a different firmware version on it, releasing a default firmware possibly just encourages people to play with the hardware and can lead to more issues as a result, if they don't want to release the firmware I could understand why

Good camera for its price.
That J1445 webcam is the standard name for a Novatek webcam mode. Also I have some Novatek camera and the webcam device name on PC is the same as yours.

Regarding firmwares, I think you are still thinking to that old good days when Mtz was releasing firmwares for many players even once/week for the same model. The firmware world is much different in real life.
You saw how an unknown brand of a romanian product was sold much better than Sony, LG, Panasonic and any other DivX player from the romanian market and this only because of some firmware support from some forum, even not official. If E-Boda would kept the same attitude they could be much further today in the romanian market. But they didn't learned anything from me. And I was modding for free, you know that.
well I just sent a package out yesterday to Romania using a different method to normal, will be interesting to see how long it takes

Was coming in... 28 hours from Hong Kong to my hands in Ploiești (Romania).

DHL record.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Back