LS650W

Nice and enjoy it! Indeed it's a very good camera and good "bang for buck".

Like I said, I noticed that some files are bigger than others, for the same time of 3 minutes recorded chosen by me. Moist likely the codec use randomly increased bitrates, unfortunately, NEVER for night files, but only for daylight scenes, especially in sunlight scenes, well illuminated. I suppose, when scenes are very detailed, ie with leaves, tree branches etc. Have anyone noticed those increases of bitrate on the cameras using Novatek 96650 chipset? How good would be a firmware with bitrate control...

Attachments

• Untitled 1.gif
    Untitled 1.gif
    111.6 KB · Views: 17
Can you guys please take some Pictures of how the camera is mounted/installed? :) I am really intrested to buy one but want to know how it looks like from inside and outside the car.

Thanks.

Regards.

Can you guys please take some Pictures of how the camera is mounted/installed? :) I am really intrested to buy one but want to know how it looks like from inside and outside the car.

Thanks.

Regards.

The cam is quite big, but still hides easily behind the rear view mirror:

DSC_0516.jpg DSC_0517.jpg DSC_0518.jpg DSC_0519.jpg

Sorry for the quality. But it was a very cloudy day late in the afternoon.

Merry Christmas @ursamajor !

Like I said, I noticed that some files are bigger than others, for the same time of 3 minutes recorded chosen by me. Moist likely the codec use randomly increased bitrates, unfortunately, NEVER for night files, but only for daylight scenes, especially in sunlight scenes, well illuminated. I suppose, when scenes are very detailed, ie with leaves, tree branches etc. Have anyone noticed those increases of bitrate on the cameras using Novatek 96650 chipset? How good would be a firmware with bitrate control...

Finally I went checking it for you:
I couldn't see the same behaviour with my LS650W. My 16GB card is full of files of 295MB (+/- 1MB)
What firmware has your unit?

Hi! Happy new year to all!
Mine has this firmware version: W7600.003

Same firmware here, too.

Hello,
i just joined to share my experience with LS650W and Foxoffer. Got this camera few weeks ago and after about 3 weeks stopped working. Foxoffer takes time to answer and keep asking me if i try to reset camera and want me to send them video from non working camera. Big disappointment :-(((

Hello,
i just joined to share my experience with LS650W and Foxoffer. Got this camera few weeks ago and after about 3 weeks stopped working. Foxoffer takes time to answer and keep asking me if i try to reset camera and want me to send them video from non working camera. Big disappointment :-(((
Take the sd card out (power off)
Power back on and hit reset button.

Report back.

What sd card are you running? If above works I would lean towards sd card problem...also reformat the sd card often as it keeps errors down from loop recording.

Take the sd card out (power off)
Power back on and hit reset button.

Report back.

What sd card are you running? If above works I would lean towards sd card problem...also reformat the sd card often as it keeps errors down from loop recording.

Hello,
i did try all of that. Im running 16GB or 32GB Kingston 6class. Problem now is,that cam switch on and after few seconds off itself after starting car up.When i start it manually,usually is working ok.I think that problem is with firmware.

Hello,
i did try all of that. Im running 16GB or 32GB Kingston 6class. Problem now is,that cam switch on and after few seconds off itself after starting car up.When i start it manually,usually is working ok.I think that problem is with firmware.
Yes that's very odd behavior for sure!
Only other thing I would check is your power, if its plugged in to cigarette lighter socket,
  • Original plug used
  • Its on the circuit by itself
  • Sometimes the actual starting of the car , the fast on/off of power to the cigarette plug causes start up issues.
Stuff to try before spending money shipping it back

I know,its strange. Camera shows same behavior even on cigarette plug even PC USB cable. And Foxoffer still doesnt answer anyway.
Thank you REyewitness for help anyway :)

Just rang Foxoffer over Skype. They send me email how to fix it (reset, format cards etc.) which is not helping, so they offer me return camera and refund or exchange. So hope so.

I had issues, when my car battery was too weak.
When you turned the key and then immediately started the motor the cam got stuck while booting. I guess because of fluctuation of the power source.
But when you wait 1-2 seconds after turning the key the first step (start ignition) and then start the motor the cam starts up normally.

I think you have issues with your power connection or even the battery of your cam (draws too much current and then it fails to stay powered on).

I had issues, when my car battery was too weak.
When you turned the key and then immediately started the motor the cam got stuck while booting. I guess because of fluctuation of the power source.
But when you wait 1-2 seconds after turning the key the first step (start ignition) and then start the motor the cam starts up normally.

I think you have issues with your power connection or even the battery of your cam (draws too much current and then it fails to stay powered on).

Thank you for new idea. Its very possible as well, but my camera shows same behavior even on PC USB lead even on car cigarette plug. And from some reason camera developed new way how to drive me crazy. From yesterday is actually switching on after turning ignition on and stay on as meant to,but doesn't start taking video at all :-(
As its behavior is changing from time to time, i would really bet on firmware.
I was trying to ask Foxoffer for installing new or at least reinstalling old firmware, but no answer so far. :-(((
What is saddest is fact, that i was using before the very cheap one:
$T2eC16h,%21zEE9s3%21Z%294OBR7htgCd+%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG
was working for more then 2years without any troubles. My friend has same one for even longer. Unfortunately quality of night video was very poor :-(((

Hello again, so after few months I got my camera back on windscreen.Foxoffer takes time, but they are reliable and done what they promised.
Camera is running ok
Thank you everyone

Hi, Ursamajor, I just got mine from E-Prance and the firmware version is W7600.006. However, i noticed the night recordings are so noisy. I also can't find the WDR option in settings only got Exposure option. Please advise.

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_102442.jpg
    IMG_20201202_102442.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 5
The 3 wire are probably a balancing wire, though if it is just a 1 cell battery it should not be needed as you can do with 2 wires if the battery have the balance circuit on it.

But i cant say if you can make do with a 2 wire battery or not

Back