LS650W

When can I buy this camera?

Regarding firmwares, I think you are still thinking to that old good days when Mtz was releasing firmwares for many players even once/week for the same model. The firmware world is much different in real life.
enjoy,
Mtz

Indeed, Mtz, it's a competition to release new models, without improve/optimize the sold models.
I still have the E-boda 555x with Mtz firmware.

Thank you very much and I appreciate it.

Hi
Can anyone tell me, what the newest Firmware for the LS650W is.
Have you a downloadlink?
I have the Firmwareversion 20130815
mfg Wenni

Weird. At mine, the firmware has the form like this W7600.003. Can you attach a night taken file? From where you bought the camera?

PS: AFAIK, there isn't an update, for now. There is a firmware provided by Foxoffer on this thread, but I reccomend you TO NOT USE IT TO UPDATE your camera!

Last edited:
Does anyone can send me a Copy of the W7600.003 Firmware ?:)

My friend, It is a copy in the postings above, but still I don't reccomend you to install it until you can obtain the original firmware installed on your camera. If you still want to risk bricking your camera, you can download and install it.
>>>From here<<<

From where you bought the camera?

Ähhh:confused:
With the Firmware in the Link from you o_O

mfg Wenni

Yes, that FW file was posted by Foxoffer. But I've no idea what version is it.

Few more words about the camera. After using it longer time, I can say that it's very stable, without freezes. I tried to test it on lower resolutions, but the results were execrable. I was particularly interested by those 60 fps, but, unfortunately, the results didn't confirm the specifications. Also, I found that some videos exceeds, randomly, those 11.9 Mbps, the total bitrate can reach 15 Mbps... Usualy, a 3 min. video take about 288 MB, but I found videos having 330 MB for the same 3 min.

Thanks for the report. Looks like this might be a good buy for the buck. :)

Indeed it's a good camera and I don't understand why it is so ignored...

Indeed it's a good camera and I don't understand why it is so ignored...

I think there's some models that are maybe more appealing in design and similar spec, all comes down to personal taste I guess

even then, look how long it took for you to decide which camera to buy

Took much longer to arrive to me, about 1 month. I decided relatively fast, soon after niko's comparative between LS650W, VF300W, LS300W and DL5, though... ;)

I think there's some models that are maybe more appealing in design and similar spec...
Indeed, but the price is slightly bigger. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

finally I got my LS650W last week and I tested it in comparison to my "old" G1W.
Short: I am very happy with my purchase and the LS650W beats the G1W in every aspect (Build, usability, video quality, night quality, ...)

Here are my results/thoughts in detail:
  • Lens is much sharper plus there is some additonal sharpening at video processing imho.
  • My G1W has some issues with its lens on the left side (blurry)
  • The LS65oW has a nice aperture adaption (e.g. a car is shining with its headlamps into your camera -> it steps down the apperture quite fast) - G1W does not do this (See pictures beginning with 003_)
  • The wide angle lens is great for inner city
  • Despite having the aperture at +/- 0 and die G1W at +2, the LS650W seems brighter at night (compare even the first (000_) pictures)
  • I can read licens plates about 10-15meters away - Compared to the G1W it is only a tad shorter, but I have a huge field of view.
  • I will try to fix the blurry lens (esp. the left side) of my G1W and try to flash another firmware...
Here are the comparison stills from the videos (all PNGs):

If someone wants them all in a ZIP file for download - I will do that if somebody says "yes".

Back