LTO (Lithium Titanate Oxide) – The Ultimate Battery for Dash-Cam parking mode (DIY)

Funny that changes were made to the app that didn’t result in a change of version numbering. The version in the app store shows it was changed 1 month ago. Guess they have a protocol to govern what types of changes to the app trigger a version number change.

Specs that I captured from AliExpress page for the charger show fan turns on at 50-55c, so your temp was right at the threshold range for turning on the fan.

Right now, I’m running the camera in parking mode (just about 3w power draw) to see how long the battery lasts and how the Viofo regulator behaves as the battery runs down. Battery voltage depletion is non-linear. Started at 16.0v. After 12 hrs, voltage was 14.5v. After 24 hrs, voltage was 14.0v.

While I was playing around yesterday, I connected both red and yellow viofo input wires to only 4 cells, voltage was 9.15v. The camera turned on with normal drive mode. Then I removed the yellow ACC wire. The camera switched to parking mode, but never shut down. The Viofo voltage cutoff switch was set to 11.8v at the time. Given this, I’m curious to see what happens when the batteries run down. This will also give me an opportunity to see if the charger stays any cooler as a result of coupling it to the blue panel.

Back