Lukas 7950 rear camera flip (reverse rear L/R) setting

Hai Pham

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
Lukas 7950 WD
When set this OFF: rear video clips (recorded into SD card) show correct left/right side but live view of the rear camera thru wifi show wrong left/right side.
When set this ON: left/right side on live view of the rear camera is correct but video clips (recorded into SD card) of the rear camera show wrong left/right side.

How can I get left/right side correct for both live-view and video clips recorded for the rear camera at the same time? Anyone have this issue with the dashcam?

Are you saying it's mirror image, flipped horizontally?
It always seems opposite but it is like that. It should be opposite of what you see in rear view mirror.

rear view video is what you see towards the back when you turn your head and see from your eyes, not the same as looking at rear view mirrors.
to have proper orientation, you have to live view facing towards the back for rear and towards the front for front.
that means if you want to use rear live view for backing up, you have to flip it otherwise left is right and right is left.

Last edited:
Thanks Sunny for the reply. Your explanation is indeed very clear and valid. If the setting worked differently then I could use live view function for the rear cam as rear view mirror while having the video clips recorded correctly (for the left/right side).

Thanks Sunny for the reply. Your explanation is indeed very clear and valid. If the setting worked differently then I could use live view function for the rear cam as rear view mirror while having the video clips recorded correctly (for the left/right side).
You can easily flip video in video players.

Thanks Sunny for the tips!

Back