Lukas died again

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
My Lukas 7900 died on my last month then started to work again but now it has died on me again :(
I was driving along and the speed stuck at 23 mph when I was doing 40. I turned it off and instead of the shutting down message it just went off then when I tired to turn it on again it wouldn't power up.

I have contacted green sum who told me to send an email to buy2korea.info@gmail.com which I have done just need to wait for a reply ;)

Damm :(
I am getting a Little nervous here as a fellow Lukas owner, especially since it allso seem like they have less than stellar customer/warrenty support.

Hope everything pan out for you Jimbo

I checked the video recordings on the sd card and the last one was corrupt making me suspect a duff sd card I reformatted it and intialized it via the veiwer pluged the camera in this morning and it has powered up so it may just be a duff sd card. I have mailed the company and told them this so wil leave it and see how things go if it goes again I will be looking at sending it back.

I'm guessing the camera reads the card prior to start up so it know what firmware it is using unless its flashed onto a memory chip.

Last edited:
Yeah there is a config file that is read on every startup i suppose, im glad it was just a issue with a "cheap" SD Card.

Are you using a full size SD Card or a micro SD with adapter ?

Hope this was a 1 time event.

@Jimbo nice to hear it might just be a card issue lets hope you have no more problems. I tried yesterdays filming in the lukas viewer this morning and it would not play and showed a script error message but the card played fine with the vlc player.Have re-formatted the card to see what transpires today fingers crossed :( Ipol

Green Sum are still asking for a video of the camera in use saying something about the flashing LED meaning something ? So I will do that and send them it, see what they think.

Gone again :(

Is anyone else getting this the speed display on the camera freezes and when you turn the camera off it doesn't say shutting down the system it just goes off ? Its pissing me off now I just drove for about hour with it on and then its just stopped :(

Before blaming the camera, try using a different SD card first.

Before blaming the camera, try using a different SD card first.

I have tried a different SD cards that is why I am blaming the camera

OK Just got a message to send the camera back to them but its gonna cost me postage plus parts if they are needed. So when I send it back it will probably be about 2 months before it comes back to me

Update:

I sent my camera back for a warranty service as they called it I expected it to be away for some time but this morning I received what looks to be a brand new unit sealed with all the bits in it :):):):)

Nice.
Hope you have better luck with this one :)

Update:

I sent my camera back for a warranty service as they called it I expected it to be away for some time but this morning I received what looks to be a brand new unit sealed with all the bits in it :):):):)

Looking at your post dates it took 4 weeks then? I guess that is what you might call reasonable service.

Damm it i get a heartattack every time this thread pop up :eek: not good at all for my nerves beeing a Lukas owner.

@ kamkar 1 take it easy old timer I have dropped my lk7900 a couple of times since I have had it onto a tiled floor from a height of a metre or more. It is still running like a dream...... spot on focus and smooth playback.......Leave that arsenal of yours locked in the box and on the garage floor, instead of on the back seat.....that way your nerves wont get shot to pieces.....:confused: and the ladies wont keep saying is that a gun in your trouser pocket....or are you just pleased to see me........:)

How much is shipping for warranty? Is there a north america distributor that will do warranty replacement?

Best to buy from us next time, so you can do the warranty repair/replacement within North America instead of having to ship to Korea, which can be very expensive.

Kelvin

Since shipping to Korea for RMA is not an option, I likely won't be buying Lukas again should there be issues. I would probably buy Garmin from Costco.

I bought my 9700 via Amazon. Not sure if that gives me anymore return capability.

I bought my 9700 via Amazon. Not sure if that gives me anymore return capability.
unfortunately you will only find out 'IF' it needs to be returned - buying from a 'local' supplier just has to be worth the extra beans you might have to pay for it, peace of mind and all that (hopefully!);)

Back