Lukas LK-7950WD - any reviews?

Thanks.
I usually keep a gallon of washer fluid in the car. It's 2005.
It may be cheaper to just pour the fluid more often than fixing it. :D
you'd be surprised: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JBQR1N8
comes with pump, low fluid level sensor, and it's even prime eligible. :) and if by chance your car was built in japan, (VIN starts with J) then the bottle/pump/sensor is a few bucks cheaper. US-built Camry VINs start with 4 and have a note somewhere on the VIN sticker about being built in Kentucky.

you'd be surprised: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JBQR1N8
comes with pump, low fluid level sensor, and it's even prime eligible. :) and if by chance your car was built in japan, (VIN starts with J) then the bottle/pump/sensor is a few bucks cheaper. US-built Camry VINs start with 4 and have a note somewhere on the VIN sticker about being built in Kentucky.
Starts with 4 but $50 is not expensive.
The real thing is to install. I'm good in electronics but don't have confidence in fixing car even though I replaced window motors and installed aftermarket amp/subwoofers in my Camaro before. ;)

if you can handle opening the door panel to do a window motor, a wiper bottle will be a piece of cake. jack up that corner, take off the wheel, remove about 6-8 screws/clips to take off the front half of the fender liner, then stuff it out of the way behind the brakes. you will have easy access to the wiper bottle, since that corner of the bumper is pretty empty, as you'll see. from the picture there on amazon, it looks like it's held in with three bolts, and i bet they're all 10mm. obviously, remove the hose and wires before you remove any bolts holding the tank. "installation is the reverse of removal." :p

edit: one last off-topic thing and then we'll end this thread-jack. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/ - it's your friend. :)

"Ford maintains that Ford received no technical assistance from Toyota in developing the hybrid powertrain, but that some hybrid engine technologies developed by Ford independently were found to be similar to technologies previously patented by Toyota, so licenses were obtained." - I guess that means it's similar but not the same?...

My understanding is that the Ford Hybrid uses the 12V to power the spark plugs to turn over the engine and to run the electronics.

There is no way to jump the 12V battery using the hybrid battery unfortunately. There is a way to do the reverse though, as the car won't start either if the hybrid battery is low, it allows you to use the 12v battery to minimally charge the HV battery.

I sat in the car yesterday after taking the key out and waited for it to feel the battery drain and switch to power off. It powered off the dash cam about 10 minutes after the key was taken out. So it's managed to drop the 12V battery from 12.6v (approx) to 12.4v in that time. Seems awfully fast.
Hi Witchcraftz , did you ever get any resolution with your battery draining and motion/kiss impact issues? I wonder if the hybrid system is problematic for the battery voltage shutoff sensor (I know nothing about this). I feel for your troubles, sounds like the kind of luck that I have... I am liking the 7950 for a lot of reasons and trying to follow the events/issues like yours. There has been a new firmware bump recently now that is creating a little excitement too. Hope you got things worked out!

I should update on my situation.

My car 12V battery was not operating at peak efficiency. After buying a new battery the issue went away... It has recently started happening again though.

I have also had more issues:
It does not save to the microSD card, have tried reformatting the card but still nothing.
It randomly reset itself one day last week, switched back to Korean and lost all settings, reverted to defaults, even the wifi password.
Takes a minute or two to see the voltage changes and go from parking mode to driving mode. Tried playing with various voltage cutoff settings but they didn't change anything.

Basically I am very disappointed.

My car 12V battery was not operating at peak efficiency. After buying a new battery the issue went away... It has recently started happening again though.

It does not save to the microSD card, have tried reformatting the card but still nothing.
It randomly reset itself one day last week, switched back to Korean and lost all settings, reverted to defaults, even the wifi password.
Takes a minute or two to see the voltage changes and go from parking mode to driving mode. Tried playing with various voltage cutoff settings but they didn't change anything.

MicroSD only records events.

That is correct. It is not recording events, even when I press the button for it to record manually.

ie: since the cam is still in parking mode when I drive off, the moment I pass over the speed bump it triggers an event, I can hear the chime.

In both situations it does not record.

You could have a bad microSD card, there is link to some software called "h2testw" on the forum that you test the card out with or if you have another microSD give that a shot.
You might turn the switch on the right side from On to Acc, then it won't access your battery at night, just have to remember to put it to On when you need monitoring, would be better as set and forget (like it's suppose to be) but this might be an interim solution.
Where did you buy the unit, Amazon? Did you contact the seller, might just have a hosed up cam and need seller to replace it, 1 year warranty.

I hope some more members chime in here to help you out bro... cheers.

I bought it from Lukas/Finevu distributor Pro Com Technology, it came with the SD and MicroSD cards.

I tested the cards and they seem fine.

Use SDinsight to check if microSD is real
http://www.humanlogic.com/sdinsight/

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard + USB adapter to check for corruption
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

I must say the vendor has been helpful, I have been in contact with them since I first started having problems and they offered for me to send back my current unit and they will ship me a new one.

But I will be keeping my eye on this new one and report anything new. Hopefully it was a lemon but not from a batch of lemons.

I bought it from Lukas/Finevu distributor Pro Com Technology, it came with the SD and MicroSD cards.

I tested the cards and they seem fine.

Use SDinsight to check if microSD is real
http://www.humanlogic.com/sdinsight/

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard + USB adapter to check for corruption
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

I must say the vendor has been helpful, I have been in contact with them since I first started having problems and they offered for me to send back my current unit and they will ship me a new one.

But I will be keeping my eye on this new one and report anything new. Hopefully it was a lemon but not from a batch of lemons.
Cool Beans, are you dealing with D.J. Lee? Good Luck Bro!

Does anybody know what amp fuse is needed for the LK-7950 using add a circuit ? The kit comes with 10, 7.5, 5, 3 amp fuses.

I usually go for the lowest size fuse in the size so the 3 amp should be fine :)

I usually go for the lowest size fuse in the size so the 3 amp should be fine :)
The user guide says power consumption is about 5 watts, so the current in amps is around 0.4, so I guess 3 amp fuse makes sense. Thank you !
Only problem I ordered the wrong type add a circuit package, the fuses are ATO and should have been ATM I think... grrr

How's the new one been doing? Any issues?

Back