Lukas LK-7950WD - any reviews?

I am not sure, when I open the app, I haven't found a way to see each card, I have a menu items that lets me see one long list, it includes E (event), A (?) and M(?) events.

Check this thread for details on the app:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-and-instruction-for-lk-7950wd-dashcam.10315/

You can filter on different types of videos by pressing 'Front', 'Rear', 'Always', 'Event', 'Motion Detection'.
Press on the video file to play and press the down arrow next to file size to download a copy to your phone.
The icons with half front and rear of the car on the top red bar is to live stream video from front and rear camera.

screenshot_2015-03-16-21-09-56-png.11829

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, as I can see from your post, the list includes all items including E (event) so I'm in the right place.

In my list there is a complete lack of footage from the time of the event, it has a video of me leaving the car, a few videos of cars driving by, and then the next video is when I walk up to the SUV to checkout the damage. But the car that "bumped" into me is not captured when pulling into the stall and neither is there an event recording of the bump.

If that's the case, then the car didn't bump on your SUV but pushed in slowly while coming to stop so it was not able to detect the shock as there was no shock.
There is no way to record that kind of footage unless one is recording all the time as regular drive.

All the videos with E (event) are in microSD and rest are in full size SD.

I almost can believe that as only the license plate frame is cracked, but shouldn't it at least have captured the car pulling in?

Or did this guy pull in slowly over 20 minutes just to defeat my dashcam motion detection and push my bumper in slowly on purpose to screw with me?

I almost can believe that as only the license plate frame is cracked, but shouldn't it at least have captured the car pulling in?

Or did this guy pull in slowly over 20 minutes just to defeat my dashcam motion detection and push my bumper in slowly on purpose to screw with me?

Maybe the mounting height is to blame here.
The other car looks pretty low compared to the SUV so maybe it's too low.
Try crawling in front of your SUV and see if it detects you in parking mode.
If it doesn't, may need to angle the dashcam more downwards.
Just a guess.

Also, for parking monitor, the files should be under M in different folder in the full size SD card.
I haven't used the parking monitor features so don't have a screenshot.

Won't those Parking Monitor videos still be in that same master list, but just marked with (M)?

Won't those Parking Monitor videos still be in that same master list, but just marked with (M)?
Yes, the app will show all but if you take the SD card out, it'll be in a different folder.

Ah, got it. Unfortunately as mentioned there aren't any E or M videos of the incident.

Only myself leaving, some cars driving by and myself inspecting the bumper kiss.

I didn't get a chance to check the camera last night but I'll check all the settings tonight. Biggest worry is of course that it drained the battery.

So It's done it again, drained my battery overnight. I had it set to 12.4V cutoff which is the highest it will go.

Is there a Lukas rep on the forum I can contact? I think I need a higher cutoff because my car is a hybrid.

Last edited:
A higher cutoff won't help. Car batteries, even in a hybrid, rarely have more than 12.4v in them anyway. Any more and it's overcharged and can damage the battery. Besides, the hybrid battery is what actually starts the engine when needed. The 12v battery is for accessories and other electronics in the car.

There's something wrong with your cam since it's running it down. Time to contact the seller for a return or exchange.

The hybrid battery does not start the engine in the hybrid escape (don't know about other hybrids), the 12V does.

I've contacted the seller to see what can be done.

Ford must have changed things since the first gen escape hybrid where they licensed the tech from Toyota. Toyotas use the 12v battery for the engine computer and other electronics. So because of that, if the 12v battery is dead you can't drive it even if the hybrid battery is even partially charged. But when the car is in ready state but the gas engine isn't running, then you either floor it or the hybrid battery needs to be charged, it uses one of they generators, powered by the hybrid battery, to kick over the gas engine. That's the quiet whining you hear when the car is ready but gas engine is off. Toyota hybrids don't have a conventional starter motor for this reason.

Source: i was a Toyota mechanic for almost a decade

"Ford maintains that Ford received no technical assistance from Toyota in developing the hybrid powertrain, but that some hybrid engine technologies developed by Ford independently were found to be similar to technologies previously patented by Toyota, so licenses were obtained." - I guess that means it's similar but not the same?...

My understanding is that the Ford Hybrid uses the 12V to power the spark plugs to turn over the engine and to run the electronics.

There is no way to jump the 12V battery using the hybrid battery unfortunately. There is a way to do the reverse though, as the car won't start either if the hybrid battery is low, it allows you to use the 12v battery to minimally charge the HV battery.

I sat in the car yesterday after taking the key out and waited for it to feel the battery drain and switch to power off. It powered off the dash cam about 10 minutes after the key was taken out. So it's managed to drop the 12V battery from 12.6v (approx) to 12.4v in that time. Seems awfully fast.

Source: i was a Toyota mechanic for almost a decade
Time for free advice. ;)
My windshield wiper fluid leaks after it froze in the winter in Camry.
It looks okay from the top and only leaks when used.
What to check?

"Ford maintains that Ford received no technical assistance from Toyota in developing the hybrid powertrain, but that some hybrid engine technologies developed by Ford independently were found to be similar to technologies previously patented by Toyota, so licenses were obtained." - I guess that means it's similar but not the same?...

My understanding is that the Ford Hybrid uses the 12V to power the spark plugs to turn over the engine and to run the electronics.

There is no way to jump the 12V battery using the hybrid battery unfortunately. There is a way to do the reverse though, as the car won't start either if the hybrid battery is low, it allows you to use the 12v battery to minimally charge the HV battery.

I sat in the car yesterday after taking the key out and waited for it to feel the battery drain and switch to power off. It powered off the dash cam about 10 minutes after the key was taken out. So it's managed to drop the 12V battery from 12.6v (approx) to 12.4v in that time. Seems awfully fast.

12.6 is what we call a Surface Charge. it doesn't last long, and quickly normalizes to something more like 12.3 or 12.2 in most vehicles - hybrid or not. this is because the alternator or other charging device puts out about 14 volts to top up the 12v battery and still have enough left over to run the rest of the vehicle electrics.

a toyota hybrid won't let you have full power if the hybrid battery is depleted either - this is to protect the battery itself. you can jumpstart it and drive using just the gas engine till it gets enough juice back into the hybrid battery to provide assist from that again.

Time for free advice. ;)
My windshield wiper fluid leaks after it froze in the winter in Camry.
It looks okay from the top and only leaks when used.
What to check?
remove the front part of the inner fender liner and inspect the lower part of the reservoir and pump - maybe have someone operate the sprayer while you look at it from the wheel well. the pump motor usually snaps in and out without tools or maybe just one obvious fastener, depending on what year the car is, but most times it's only held in by the rubber gasket where it goes into the reservoir, and the shape of the reservoir itself. the hose that goes from the pump up into the fender and to the hood is usually flexible enough that freezing doesn't affect it. but the pump itself could have cracked, which would explain why it only leaks while in use. oh yeah - it's NORMAL for the pump to just dump washer fluid if you remove the hose from it. since the washer nozzles are higher than the bottle, they don't leak while not in use, as long as your car is right side up, and not going up too steep a hill. ;)

down here we don't have issues from freezing. the wiper reservoir usually gets broken from collision damage - whether vehicle-vehicle, vehicle-building or animal damage.

Last edited:
remove fender liner in front of the tire and inspect the lower part of the reservoir. bottle is probably cracked from being frozen. can probably get one on amazon pretty cheap. the pump motor usually snaps in and out without tools or maybe just one obvious fastener, depending on what year the car is, but most times it's only held in by the rubber gasket where it goes into the reservoir. the hose that goes from the pump up into the fender and to the hood is usually flexible enough that freezing doesn't affect it. but the pump itself could have cracked, which would explain why it only leaks while in use. oh yeah - it's NORMAL for the pump to just dump washer fluid if you remove the hose from it. since the washer nozzles are higher than the bottle, they don't leak while not in use, as long as your car is right side up, and not going up too steep a hill. ;)

down here we don't have issues from freezing. the wiper reservoir usually gets broken from collision damage - whether vehicle-vehicle, vehicle-building or animal damage.
Thanks.
I usually keep a gallon of washer fluid in the car. It's 2005.
It may be cheaper to just pour the fluid more often than fixing it. :D

Back